The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

The same Jack Ross your fans were shouting and screaming to be sacked this time last year? No thanks.

There were a couple of clowns who fell into that category.

Like myself, most of us were worried that he wasn't the answer, but were willing to see what he did in the transfer window.

As it turned out I had no need to worry.:)

I’m honestly surprised at your position,first 20mins at Saints first game ,I thought you were going to sweep us away.

if player disputes are allowed to destroy any harmony.thats the first job of an incoming manager.

Loy and Harley have previous we know.

Hippo and Austin have pace to kill defences ifmplayed properly.

Are there deeper back room problems ? 

52 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I’m honestly surprised at your position,first 20mins at Saints first game ,I thought you were going to sweep us away.

if player disputes are allowed to destroy any harmony.thats the first job of an incoming manager.

Loy and Harley have previous we know.

Hippo and Austin have pace to kill defences ifmplayed properly.

Are there deeper back room problems ? 

Nobody really knows WTF is going on but, if it's not sorted soon it could ultimately kill our club!

My post was the absolute bare minimum. I'd be getting 10+ out but who's taking these guys mid contract? Seems we'll be lucky enough to shift Fat Luca but I can't see anyone taking Harris or McKee when they've got 18 months of what you'd assume will be reasonable wages left at this level. Loy by all accounts is on a packet so maybe we'd need to pay a proportion of the wage for him to leave.

Get what you're saying about full backs but it's not a priority over strikers and midfield creativity imo. There isn't much inspiration or attacking threat there but I'd have far more faith in Muirhead Balatoni Grant McGhee as opposed to Hippolyte Harris Loy Austin.

Eckerlsey, an interested Loy, McGinn, Stelios, Davis, Smith, O'Brien... That's the sort of quality we had to bring in to turn this around. 
I realise you've got Loy but that's clearly not working and it looks like he'll be away. 
My question is, do you think you need a squad clearout or do you think cutting out a couple of the bad apples will be enough?

Getting Peter Grant, Craigen, Hippolyte, Loy, Gasparotto and Watson would be a good start in weeding out the bad apples.

Eckerlsey, an interested Loy, McGinn, Stelios, Davis, Smith, O'Brien... That's the sort of quality we had to bring in to turn this around. 
I realise you've got Loy but that's clearly not working and it looks like he'll be away. 
My question is, do you think you need a squad clearout or do you think cutting out a couple of the bad apples will be enough?

Getting Peter Grant, Craigen, Hippolyte, Loy, Gasparotto and Watson would be a good start in weeding out the bad apples.

Guest Back Post Misses

We need the following IMO

Keeper
LB
3 in midfield
2 strikers

If we don’t spend the cash we will lose 3 or 4 times what that would cost us if we go down.

It is not really a difficult decision, provided we can be bothered to try and stay up.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We need the following IMO

Keeper
LB
3 in midfield
2 strikers

If we don’t spend the cash we will lose 3 or 4 times what that would cost us if we go down.

It is not really a difficult decision, provided we can be bothered to try and stay up.

Agree with this.

Would be pleased to ship out McKee, Craigen, Harris, Kerr (no disrespect but time to move on imo). Hippo can go and I wouldn’t be upset.

Foolishly I haven’t mentioned Loy. I still hold out hope that it can be sorted. But recognise his wages need to go toward folk that wanna be here if it’s the case that he doesn’t.

Guest Back Post Misses
I think to be honest rather than debating who can/can't go and who does/doesn't want to be here this is a simple matter of do you trust Hartley, with a transfer window, to fix it. 

We have appointed him you have to back him. Folly not to

I think to be honest rather than debating who can/can't go and who does/doesn't want to be here this is a simple matter of do you trust Hartley, with a transfer window, to fix it. 

Don't think we are going to have an option. The board have to back him and we need to trust him to bring in the right players to get us out this mess.

Agreed. I am pissed off with him if the truth of the matter is that he blundered in telling folk they were offski come January, but I can respect the fact that January is his real test

I don’t think he has told them that tbf. I also think he’s keeping his cards close to his chest in the post match interviews as well. He’s not publicly slating anyone and talking shite about luck instead. There’s no way he can’t see half of them don’t give a f**k. He’ll know already who’s offski but I doubt he’ll have told them.

Aye, he is protecting them in the post match interviews for sure. There was a comment above about Peter Grant, first I have seen him mentioned in terms of who to bin. On one watch of the highlights video I wasn't too enamoured with his attempts at the third goal. Is he throwing the towel in too? Absolutely gutted if so.
Anyway FWIW, I am backing Hartley, because regardless of who is right or wrong or who is fighting with who, Hartley is trying, and needs a transfer window to untie his hands from behind his back. 
The players on the other hand (at least a good few of them) are stealing a wage from the club and doing the bare minimum to satisfy their contract of employment and f**k the fans. 

I don’t think Grants been chucking it. The 3rd goal should’ve been prevented about 30 yards up the park and should’ve never got to him tbf. He always chucks himself about and never shites out imho. He’s certainly not the player of a few years ago but he still gives his all every game.

I’m confident Hartley is going to bring in a few key players who’ll keep us up. I just hope the board give him the funds to do so.

I have to be a wee bit controversial here.... I have seen enough of Harris to know that he isn't probably good enough for us as a player, but in the last two or three games I watched, he wasn't the biggest shitebag in the team.
To me, James Craigen, a player I did warm to last season takes the title. But even at the Tannadice shit show, I felt Harris showed for the ball and took more responsibility than many others. No end product still, but thats ability rather than attitude.

Craigens another one who’s very keen to be an absolute shitebag, he played centre mid yesterday and did get stuck in at times. Chucked himself into a few tackles but at times was still a shitebag. Harris has remained a total shitebag every time I’ve seen him play, yesterday included, always shites it out of tackles. All three deserve a kicking tbf, I just forget about craigen due to him never really doing much.

Bet McKee is praying for an 8 match ban for ruining Shiels. Probably the best thing that's ever happened to O'Hara removing himself from this squad until January. Might just keep him in a job.

I’m also praying for it. I think we’ll be much better off once we get a midfield of Sibbs and Taiwo. Two lads we know give a f**k.

This is what happens when you advertise for a managers position, get applicants, and still appoint a guy who didn't even apply for it. 
A team full of players not wanting to play for the club, managed by a guy who didn't want to manage the club.

What the fucks that got to do with anything [emoji23]

If Hartley wasn’t up for the challenge then he wouldn’t have taken the job.