The Falkirk FC Thread

Repayment of money they put in because they messed up in the first place at 7% interest. Not a bad gig that?

It also included repayment of that pitch because the business plan put together for it to be a stand alone project was messed up.

Then they tell mugs like you - don’t worry we will have a war chest when the big clubs leave cause they know you will believe them.

We have the second biggest budget in the league ffs, do you want them to bankrupt the club?

Guest Back Post Misses

We have the second biggest budget in the league ffs, do you want them to bankrupt the club?

I didn’t say go spend more. I merely reminded people what the Chairman said at the last two AGM’s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have the buckets out soon.

2 seasons ago we had “the perfect financial storm”. Surely even you can see how badly it has been managed since on and off the pitch. Houston has done a Hughes. Henderson let him do it and now he wants re-elected.

The club IMO is in much more difficulty than most realise.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No, he doesn’t like the individuals in question so wants them to keep throwing their own money at the problem - he wants to bankrupt them.

7% is the best funding rate a small company with zero chargeable assets would ever get.  They loaned money in, it served a purpose (in case 1 kept the club afloat, in case 2 put in place the new pitch which was def the right thing to do), they got repaid with available funds.

Our budget should be big enough, especially with the extra wages put into Loy and Sibbald this year.  The fact that it’s been invested in the wrong players, who’ve all bottled it this season, is not the Boards fault.

Thr big dilemma for the board now is what to do in January.  If you throw money around and we go down, we’re in serious problems.  If they don’t and we go down, we still could be but less likely.  Spending big in Jan will be an all-or-nothing approach. 

We’re hilariously bad. 

Being that shite is actually quite an achievement. We’re in big trouble. No faith in Hartley to make the changes required to get out of this.

We may well finish above Brechin but the play-offs will be a disaster if we’re stuck with that team.

Would not care a bit if none of those players ever played for us again. Just the worst group I can remember us having. At least the Totten ‘relegation’ season team had inexperience as an excuse.

Guest Back Post Misses
No, he doesn’t like the individuals in question so wants them to keep throwing their own money at the problem - he wants to bankrupt them.
7% is the best funding rate a small company with zero chargeable assets would ever get.  They loaned money in, it served a purpose (in case 1 kept the club afloat, in case 2 put in place the new pitch which was def the right thing to do), they got repaid with available funds.
Our budget should be big enough, especially with the extra wages put into Loy and Sibbald this year.  The fact that it’s been invested in the wrong players, who’ve all bottled it this season, is not the Boards fault.
Thr big dilemma for the board now is what to do in January.  If you throw money around and we go down, we’re in serious problems.  If they don’t and we go down, we still could be but less likely.  Spending big in Jan will be an all-or-nothing approach. 

Would you know the last time they invested in the club?

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

People think they are always putting cash in. Not for many years now

You seem to adding weight to my point? I’m saying unwilling exactly because of the direction money has flowed in recent years. 

Lets face it, its entirely up the MSG to determine our fate. Given their record I’m not confident, are you? 

Guest Back Post Misses
You seem to adding weight to my point? I’m saying unwilling exactly because of the direction money has flowed in recent years. 
Lets face it, its entirely up the MSG to determine our fate. Given their record I’m not confident, are you? 

Open minded until Monday night TBH. If they come out and say we will give Hartley financial support to move players out and in then I will feel we have a chance of getting out of this mess. If they don’t I can’t see what else faces us but massive problems financially anyway.

We have absolutely ruined a position of financial health of 2 years ago. Huge cash reserves that had they been used wisely would have seen us been able to have cash to really push on. Once up the debt could have more easily been dealt with.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

Talks have already started about him returning to Paisley.

It's probably best all round if he goes. The move has not worked out for player or club. The guys seems dis-interested when he does play and it's clear he is not trying. He also, although not confirmed, he appears to be a bad influence off the pitch.

You should be wary of taking him though as he may unsettle your squad which is doing well just now.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He also, although not confirmed, he appears to be a bad influence off the pitch.

You should be wary of taking him though as he may unsettle your squad which is doing well just now.

What's your evidence for this pish?