The Falkirk FC Thread

I like Aero. He's a big lummox of a centre half being played out of position and asked to do things that don't come natural but by christ the man tries. He never hides and is vocal trying to organise. He may not be the most skilled but he has the right attitude.

17 hours ago, some_guy said:

I'm shocked that the club's social media platforms are still actively trying to encourage people to turn up on Saturday- after the last few weeks, have we not suffered enough?  Has the club became so sadistic that they actually want us to turn up and ruin another Saturday?  I'd rather spend a day with family at the cinema or bowling, or anything that isn't watching us get played off the park again - it will probably cost less and is guaranteed to be more entertaining! 

A business encouraging more people to consume their product? Imagine that.

4 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

At least he tries 100% every game can't say that about others, sadly!

I echo that fact and also that he's not downed tools despite being played out of position.

Assuming people are fit how about the following team line up for Morton

GK                                                                                        Thomson

Back Three of                                                Muirhead   Ballatoni   Grant

Middle Four of                    McGhee                Taiwo                    Sibbald               Dunne

In the Hole                                                                       Loy

Front two                                                     Austin                Hippo

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Anyone else heard the rumour about Craigen and Muirhead coming to blows after the game on Sunday?

Something of a surprise that Craigen could muster up any discernible level of energy or aggression; and getting involved in fisticuffs would suggest he actually gives a f**k, and there's been no evidence of that on the pitch. 

Was told this but obviously no idea if there was any truth in it. Tbh I’m disappointed if Robbie Thomson didn’t kick f**k out of every single one of them for the lack of protection he got.

This.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Anyone else heard the rumour about Craigen and Muirhead coming to blows after the game on Sunday?

Was told this but obviously no idea if there was any truth in it. Tbh I’m disappointed if Robbie Thomson didn’t kick f**k out of every single one of them for the lack of protection he got.

Hope Aero nutted him tbh.

Don't know about you, but I was at Tannadice last week, it wasn't too far behind shipping 6 goals to Clyde at Brockville in terms of worst games I have ever been at, and I am genuinely gutted that I do not have the opportunity to spend 20 notes seeing if this is the week we might get it right. And tbh, if Morton utterly shag us, I will still be gutted that I will also miss the next two games after that.
You crack on to Home Bargains with the Mrs though, sure it will be a better use of your time.

Yes me too it was absolutely honking... But you know what? I have faith that PH and the rest of the team have enough about them to get us out of this hole we're in.
This is maybe a boldish Pressley type comment but here goes...

Falkirk FC will not be in the relegation play offs this year and before any smart arse comments, no, we won't be automatically relegated either!!!

OUR TIME will come.

#Justsaying

Come on ye Bairns!!

A good, athletic right-back at u20 level.  Tumilty was used at right-wing in McIntyre's last first team match as manager and Tumilty was really out of his depth there, subbed at half-time, but that isn't how he should be judged.

Tumilty has a bit of learning to do to become a good pro, but he'll get up and down the flank a lot, he's big and has a bit of pace.   Much more of a natural full-back than someone like Muirhead but not as dynamic as say Duffie.  He's keen to push into the final third.  When he got game time last season he showed a fair bit of promise but was naive in some of his positioning, which goes with the territory of being a u20 full-back.  Jason Naismith arrived in Jan and has become one of the top flight's better right-backs, so Tumilty hasn't had a look in when County have played a back four, which is almost all of this season.  McIntyre trusted him as a wing-back in a 3-5-2 last season when injuries hit.  No guarantees as to how he'll do, but he seems to just need first-team experience to be a good enough full-time player.

ETA: Last time I saw him was at right-back in the recent friendly Highland Derby in the November itn'l break and he looked very comfortable.  ICT's Zak Elbouzedi played at left-wing and looked quite rapid but Tumilty marked him well.

Edited by bunglebonce

Muirhead Kidd, Balatoni, Grant, McGhee, Gallacher and Tumility....
7-1-1-1 formation anyone ?
A right back, surely a left back would've been more productive 

What left backs are available at the moment? Beggars can’t be choosers.

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Muirhead Kidd, Balatoni, Grant, McGhee, Gallacher and Tumility....

7-1-1-1 formation anyone ?

A right back, surely a left back would've been more productive 

Several of the players quoted in your post will not be fit for Saturday, nor for a few weeks. We already have someone who can play LB; we have no-one fully fit who can play on the other side.  Unless you promote a youth player who's not yet good enough for first team football. Tumilty is, hence the short-term signing.

31 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

McGhee is solid at left back tbh.

I'd prefer to see him on his more natural right but he is our best option currently

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

What left backs are available at the moment? Beggars can’t be choosers.

Dont disagree, I just hope we add a left back in the window. My comment was very much tongue in cheek, I'd actually forgot Watson to make it a straight 8-1-1.

I've never ever known a so unbalanced defensive based squad in my time supporting Falkirk and to top it off we can't defend.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm guessing our back four on Saturday will be Tumilty Muirhead Grant McGhee.

Kidd must be finished if we're signing this boy for a month rather than playing him. Good.

One can hope Muirhead can now stake his place for a centre half role and not used sparingly there

Other thot is that the rumours of Craigen and Muirhead coming to blows and Muirhead is dropped