The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Yes me too it was absolutely honking... But you know what? I have faith that PH and the rest of the team have enough about them to get us out of this hole we're in.
This is maybe a boldish Pressley type comment but here goes...

Falkirk FC will not be in the relegation play offs this year and before any smart arse comments, no, we won't be automatically relegated either!!!

OUR TIME will come.

#Justsaying

Come on ye Bairns!!

Isnt it handy that your current manager has the same initials as the last one?

Makes it much easier to copy and paste the same tired cliches from the start of the season

11 hours ago, MrDust said:

Hibs were running an spfl top tier team in the 2nd tier tho...both wages and players

Just shows you how far backwards we've gone.  2 seasons ago we finished above them in the league . Their now 3rd top of the spfl with a very similar squad to the one they had then whilst we're second bottom of the championship.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just shows you how far backwards we've gone.  2 seasons ago we finished above them in the league . Their now 3rd top of the spfl with a very similar squad to the one they had then whilst we're second bottom of the championship.

It doesn't really. You have gone backwards, that's undeniable, but your position relative to Hibs isn't proof of it. Hibs were absolutely running a top six budget squad in the Championship. The fact that Stubbs somehow managed to persuade people he was a top manager despite horribly underperforming with that squad and papering over the cracks with a couple of cup runs when they got themselves up for meeting top level sides doesn't mean Falkirk bear any comparison. You were over-performing admirably when you finished above both them and United last season and taking advantage of a partial car crash at each club. People said Houston had done a terrific job the year you were second (and beat them in a playoff) but I don't think anyone appreciated just how good a job he did (though you had Vaulks then).

Lennon has done an irritatingly decent job at Hibs though I'm still not completely convinced by him and they did stumble towards the line a bit even last season. If you want to seen how far backwards you've gone compare yourselves to say Dunfermline or St Mirren in the same period, similarly bracketed clubs.

Guest Back Post Misses

I see the Team and management team
had a meeting this week to clear the air. How many times are this lot going to have these clear the air meeting. One seemed to happen every other week under Houston.

Hope Hartley told them to either shape up or f**k off

50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

had a meeting this week to clear the air. How many times are this lot going to have these clear the air meeting. One seemed to happen every other week under Houston.

Let a selected 20 fans who travelled to Tannadice and Inverness in on the meeting.

Our players are a bunch of Shyster pussies.

Time for the board to step up here. The players got rid of Housty and it would appear they’re not happy with his replacement. This can’t go on, regardless of who the ringleaders are they need to go before more damage is done.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You were over-performing admirably when you finished above both them and United last season and taking advantage of a partial car crash at each club. People said Houston had done a terrific job the year you were second (and beat them in a playoff) but I don't think anyone appreciated just how good a job he did (though you had Vaulks then).

Lennon has done an irritatingly decent job at Hibs though I'm still not completely convinced by him and they did stumble towards the line a bit even last season. If you want to seen how far backwards you've gone compare yourselves to say Dunfermline or St Mirren in the same period, similarly bracketed clubs.

A perfectly decent post SD; we were over-performing and getting lucky at the same time, which was a combo that could never last. Plodding our way through 60-70 mins of half-paced, square-passing crab football ("containment" I think Houston termed it), then a bit of overdue width and speed with a couple of subs (out of desperation, in reality!) and a late, late goal courtesy of Sir Bob McHugh....  As a few Bairns said on here at the time we got second last time by default, due to DU & Morton falling to pieces on the run-in.  

Probably the comment from Houston that irked the most was him playing the victim with his "the team had 2 second place finishes but I only got 4 games into the new season.." line - the reason we were so fecked off was the gash standard of football we had to suffer,  finishing second looks fine on paper now but getting there was awful at the time.  

Now, we're still plodding, and sinking fast.