The Falkirk FC Thread

The bukta strip I remember was home, navy with white bukta signs running down the sleeve and the away was white with navy bukta signs down the sleeve.

Each to their own but I've always preferred a white away top.

Maybe early onset dementia but I seem to remember that we also had a yellow Bukta kit.

Wasnt the yellow one a Hummel of Richard Caddette vintage?

We have had one or two yellow efforts over the years, I think the Caddette era one was Matchwinner. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that we had a yellow Bukta late 70s or early 80s.

Actually there's been various red, yellow or white away kits that I've really liked,  but that Cadette-era golden yellow with navy blue shorts was a belter.  (And always to be associated for me with the cup win at Bleak House, Govan). 

For the home strip though, while I'm not averse to a splash of red in it somewhere, given a free hand I'd go for an update on this thing of beauty. 

falkirk-fc-pre-season-july-1972.jpg

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Calling all shareholders, let’s make sure this clown gets nowhere near the board again. https://trib.al/o0nAQBl

I dont think Margaret lang would let him she said she wants other sources of investment into the team he brings nothing to the table, as for his Brexit comments man's a complete t*t.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We have had one or two yellow efforts over the years, I think the Caddette era one was Matchwinner. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that we had a yellow Bukta late 70s or early 80s.

I've got a memory of Wilson Hoggan wearing it. That would be his second spell with us so you could maybe work it out from that?

56 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Actually there's been various red, yellow or white away kits that I've really liked,  but that Cadette-era golden yellow with navy blue shorts was a belter.  (And always to be associated for me with the cup win at Bleak House, Govan). 

For the home strip though, while I'm not averse to a splash of red in it somewhere, given a free hand I'd go for an update on this thing of beauty. 

falkirk-fc-pre-season-july-1972.jpg

I could name every one of those players, apart from the ones I don't know. :)

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've got a memory of Wilson Hoggan wearing it. That would be his second spell with us so you could maybe work it out from that?

I had that strip as a lad. Cracking strip apart from the shorts being extremely see through.

Is that Davie Cattannach in the front row. Hes still got the same hair do today.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I had that strip as a lad. Cracking strip apart from the shorts being extremely see through.

Is that Davie Cattannach in the front row. Hes still got the same hair do today.

yes that's Davie. I have fond memories of that squad - first one I knew very well and can name probably 3/4 of them.

falkirk-fc-pre-season-july-1972.thumb.jpg.c1fb3aa310aa131deba4a3aa4896a842.jpg

The away strip of that was white with blue going down the side. It was a nice strip.

I mind Hibs had bukta as well and their away strip was a god awful purple number with green bukta signs going down the sleeves [emoji21]

What's the Stardate on that photo - 1970? 1971?

Before my time but I recognise Hoggan, Shirra, Markie, Donaldson, Jack, Ferguson, Gibson, Kennedy, Scott and Cunningham.

Oh and Denis Setterington too.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Its July 1972.  Best I can do - 

Back row L-R  1? , 2? , Jim Cameron (I think) , Ally Donaldson, Denis Connaghan, Stuart Wheatley (I think), Stuart Kennedy, Iain Harley;

Middle L-R  1?,  Jim Shirra, 3?, John Markie, Tom McLeod, Jim Jack (maybe), 7?, Doug Somner, Dave McCaig, 10? Ronnie McKenzie, 12?;

Front  L-R Wilson Hoggan, Iain Scott, Geordie Gibson, Fergie, Willie C, Denis Setterington, 7? Davie Cattenach

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

Top: Ian McKendrick, David Eadie, Tommy McMillan, Ally Donaldson, Stuart Rennie, Stewart Wheatley, Stewart Kennedy, Ian Harley.
Middle: Alan Cousin (Reserve Coach), Jim Shirra, Alex Beckett, John Markie, Tom McLeod, Jimmy Jack, John Kennedy, Doug Somner, Robert Laurie, Bobby Donnelly, Ronnie McKenzie (Trainer), Dinky McGill (Reserve Assistant Coach).
Bottom: Wilson Hoggan, Jim Scott, George Gibson, Alex Ferguson, Willie Cunningham (Manager), Denis Setterington, Jim Robinson, David Cattenach.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The away strip of that was white with blue going down the side. It was a nice strip.

I mind Hibs had bukta as well and their away strip was a god awful purple number with green bukta signs going down the sleeves emoji21.png

I'm not sure that the away did have a blue panel on the side? I remember when they were introduced and Willie Cunningham saying that the white panel on the home one was for effect ' when we throw our arms up when we score'. I remember the away one though as being a white top with blue shorts and red socks and that was 'for colour TV'. Don't remember a blue stripe on it but I could be wrong?