The Falkirk FC Thread

McGhee, ballatoni, Muirhead, craigen McKee hippo, Grant, loy  and sibbald are probably the only players I'd like to keep of the senior players. Wouldn't be sad to see any of the rest out the door. Like taiwo but we can't afford to have a player that misses that many games. Grant is beginning to get like that too.

Craigen? Good grief.

I would keep McGhee, Grant, MCKee, Sibbald, Hypo, Dunne and Austin.

Still believe we will sell Gallacher in January despite him struggling for form.

I would get shot of the rest including Balatoni despite his good form so far. We can certainly get better than him.

Squad of 15 plus kids. Get to f**k out of the U20 league and pile every bit of resource into the first team.

Who can we get that is better than Balatoni? I’m not denying we cant, just curious to who you have in mind.

Who can we get that is better than Balatoni? I’m not denying we cant, just curious to who you have in mind.

Not my job that however I have seen a few better in the league already this season

Not my job that however I have seen a few better in the league already this season

Who? And who would realistically come to us either in Jan or in the summer? There’s thousands of better centre halves than what we have but if we haven’t got a realistic chance of getting them then what’s the point?

^^ not sure if serious

One bad game aside yesterday he’s been solid for us. Not saying he’s amazing, or league winning material, but not willing to throw him out just yet. We’ve got much worse at the club than him ie Gasperotto and Watson.

One bad game aside yesterday he’s been solid for us. Not saying he’s amazing, or league winning material, but not willing to throw him out just yet. We’ve got much worse at the club than him ie Gasperotto and Watson.

Not my job that

I would keep

McGhee
Grant
Ballatoni
McKee
Austin
Sibbs
Dunne
Taiwo
Loy
Hippo
Mitchell
Craigen

I would also keep Gallagher cos he's only a kid and needs a chance to develop fully. He's been thrown in at the deep end of a shite team that is low in confidence. Used sparingly to build his confidence I think he could come good.

The rest can get to f**k.

Squad of 15 plus kids. Get to f**k out of the U20 league and pile every bit of resource into the first team.

Agree to an extent.

We have given contracts to far too many chasing this project brave nonsense. Should have max 10 youth players then fill the rest of the U20s with Forth Valley/fringe first team players. Cieran Dunne mentioned in an interview he couldn’t even get in the 20s team a few weeks ago.

Edit - Gallagher should 100% be kept as he still has a sell-on value.

Amazed some people would keep on McKee he’s fucking rank. He’s basically Kevin McBride but can take a free-kick. Absolute passenger.

I’d love for us to punt Thomson, Kidd, Watson, Gasparotto, McKee, Harris, Shepherd, Henderson and Craigen as soon as possible. Also some of the 20s the likes of Blues, Langton, Finlayson etc... players who more than likely will never bother the first team we’re really paying them for f**k all.

Edit - Gallagher should 100% be kept as he still has a sell-on value.

Still believe we will sell Gallacher in January despite him struggling for form.

Genuine question about Tony Gallacher but what is the hype all about?

Now I’ve not seen him at all for any of the youth teams so I can only base it on his performances for the first team but he’s not looked remotely good enough or even that he could be good enough. He did look good going forward away against Dunfermline but was still terrible defensively.

There’s been a lot of talk about him for a good few years now and he’s still young enough only 18 but purely based on his first team appearances so far I just don’t get it.

For those that did see him for the under 20’s etc... what kind of player was he? As while he’s definitely not a defender he has shown he can look decent going forward but always looks scared to get into the final third at times/

I'd keep

One of Thomson/Mitchell to back up a new keeper

One of Muirhead/Balatoni

Grant

McGhee (easily our best player)

Sibbald

Hippolyte

Loy

Austin

Totally on board with Jordan McGhee as well. Was quite easily his worst game for us on Saturday but he’s been different class since signing. He’s certainly both our best centre half and best full-back. Reckon he could probably play in the middle of the park as well.

16 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Muirhead!! Really? Also surprised to see Craigen on your list.

Muirhead is a decent squad player as he  can provide cover at right back and centrehalf. He's also never been given a decent shout at centre half. If we can bring in a decent right back then he'd be decent cover for that position and Grant whose always injured.  Frankly at the moment if Kidd was fit I'd rather see him playing rb with muirhead at centrehalf with ballatoni  than bringing in gallacher at left back. 

I like Craigen as a player when hes played in the right position. You only had to see how he played in the playoffs last season and I thought he was pretty decent in the recent st mirren game. No use though if he's stuck out wide.

As I said previously. Gallacher should be punted out on loan to a division1 side so he can get game time and learn to defend. He's good going forward but doesnt tackle and stands far too far off his opponent.  The 4th goal on Saturday is a classic example. Hes about 6ft away from Lyle giving him all the time in the world to shoot.  If someone offered 100k in january I'd bite their hand off.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I've heard from a few places that Hartley takes in a lot of matches in his own time, so hopefully he's already scouting some January recruits.

Amazingly he watches the youth teams unlike Houston who spent time on sportsound when the development team were playing.

I’d keep;

Mitchell
Grant
Balatoni
McGhee
Gallagher
McKee
Kerr
Taiwo
Craigen
Dunne
Austin
Ohara
Loy.

Get Watson, Gasparotto, Muirhead, Kidd and Shepard out the door in January if someone will take them.

Will take Hartley two transfer windows to weed out Houston’s failures.