The Falkirk FC Thread

This is from the same man who was part of the management team who signed the likes of Dani Marceta, Kjartan Finbogasson, Toufik Zerara, Colin Healy, Pedro Moutinho, Pele and Enoch Showunmi in a 6 month period. How many of them are young Scottish players?

Fair point.

Let's all blame Eddie May, Ross Wilson and George Craig.

If Flynn is as slow as he's been made out it would be suicide to go three at the back with him, Dods and A.Nother.

Correct.

Flynn isn't the fastest and will very occasionally make a gallop forward and soon becomes panicked and lost!

Playing him in the middle of a back four would definitely be the best way to get the most of him.

Genuinely think you have got a decent player here

This is from the same man who was part of the management team who signed the likes of Dani Marceta, Kjartan Finbogasson, Toufik Zerara, Colin Healy, Pedro Moutinho, Pele and Enoch Showunmi in a 6 month period. How many of them are young Scottish players?

He was also renowned for signing great Scottish talent at Dundee United. He also flooded the Aberdeen team with Dutch players as well. He did however once he claimed he discovered John Rankin for Ross County. How you discover a player that is already at man United is beyond my level of thinking. To top it off he signed Jamie McCunnie for Ross County and kept one of John Rankin, Charlie Adam and Don Cowie on the bench to accommodate him. Although he did win Falkirk the Challenge Cup in 2003. He isn't all bad!

Has Chris Smith officially signed for Falkirk yet, I know he's turned down his contract at Ayr and was rumoured to be heading to TFS.

Michael McGowan and Johnathan Tiffoney were also rumoured to be heading in the same direction but Tiffoney would cost Falkirk money and I can't see them paying it.

Chris Smith now confirmed on a 1 year deal.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5979&Itemid=320

Chris Smith now confirmed on a 1 year deal.

http://www.falkirkfc...5979&Itemid=320

I think Chris Smith should come on leaps and bounds at Falkirk.

He's good at defending but his ball skills are woeful, he can't pass a ball at all, with a bit of work he should be a good signing for Falkirk. Watch for the odd howler though and your keeper would be advised to stay clear of him at corners, he just goes through players to get the ball and had Kevin Cuthbert upside down a few times.

I think Chris Smith should come on leaps and bounds at Falkirk.

He's good at defending but his ball skills are woeful, he can't pass a ball at all, with a bit of work he should be a good signing for Falkirk. Watch for the odd howler though and your keeper would be advised to stay clear of him at corners, he just goes through players to get the ball and had Kevin Cuthbert upside down a few times.

Think he will shed a few pounds, according to Tam McManus, Elvis is hard on the players in pre season and runs them into the ground.

Kind of redundant now but when Willie Gibson trained with Falkirk before he officially joined he had to lose half a stone in weight. He managed it.

That worked out well eh?

Unless he's morphed into a footballer over the past year, this is a very poor, unambitious signing and I can only assume he's been brought in as cover. I was delighted when Morton released him.

I dont mind If he isnt a natural passing player if hes a good defender who puts in solid challanges.

Oh, he puts in solid challenges, but that's because he's a few yards behind the play most of the time and has to get 'stuck in' (read: flail about like an oaf) as a result.