The Falkirk FC Thread

I had dream that Farid signed a 2 year deal with and option of an 3rd last night :(

Gutted when I woke up this morning.

I heard yesterday that the odds of him signing are slightly increasing. Someone outwith the club has offered to deal with accommodating Farid this year for free. I'm not sure on the details but obviously allows the club to offer a better deal as I think they were paying for him and Rhys last season? Obviously all of this is meaningless if he gets a big offer down south/SPL.

Edited by wee_bairn

I heard yesterday that the odds of him signing are slightly increasing. Someone outwith the club has offered to deal with accommodating Farid this year for free. I'm not sure on the details but obviously allows the club to offer a better deal as I think they were paying for him and Rhys last season? Obviously all of this is meaningless if he gets a big offer down south/SPL.

I think/hope he will stay tbh.

Seems to have went quiet about Farid and think he may stay one more year.

I had dream that Farid signed a 2 year deal with and option of an 3rd last night :(

Gutted when I woke up this morning.

In my dream there was some smoking hot girls who were stripping, turns out there cocks were bigger than mine, I was fucking gutted.

Was speaking to Pressley on Saturday as he was there with his family! He said there is no chnace of Farid staying! He said if Farid stays in scotland it will be in the SPL. That was from Pressleys own mouth. But he said he wont give up til its over mad.gif

The article on the Herald site about the club turning a profit this season has an interesting final piece to it:

Steven Pressley has had his playing budget cut in successive seasons, and has lost higher-earners Mark Millar and Tam Scobbie already this summer, after cutting around 30 per cent of his wage budget last year through the departures of Marc Twaddle and Ryan Flynn.

30% really doesn't seem like the huge, crippling reductions which were painted last summer and throughout last season. Losing players on SPL wages such as Finnigan, Olejnik, Flynn, Twaddle and McLean I'd have expected it to have been more than 30%.

30% really doesn't seem like the huge, crippling reductions which were painted last summer and throughout last season. Losing players on SPL wages such as Finnigan, Olejnik, Flynn, Twaddle and McLean I'd have expected it to have been more than 30%.

The wording of the article implied to me that Flynn and Twaddle alone took up some 30% of the budget that was left after Olejnik, McLean, O'Brien et al. were released.

Could be wrong, or probably am wrong.

Don't tell me about interest in accounts or what games are on, if you are a Falkirk Fan you buy a season ticket.

I'm not sure I agree with that entirely. One of my mates prefers to pay at the game (and he goes to just about every game) as it drip feeds money to the club (even though he ends up paying more in the long run)

His theory is that the board have been bad with money in the past and if everyone bought a season ticket then they'd have very little income on a match day. I can see where he's coming from too.

I think the club needs a balance between season ticket holders and pay at the gate punters.

Its just the way it goes but we realy need somebody or we will badly struggle to score goals next season with farid and miller gone

Stop flapping man. It's still early doors. We didn't sign Farid until late July last season, so we've got to be patient. In Pressley we trust, have faith man. smile.gif

Edited by RobBairn1876