The Falkirk FC Thread

I know I plan to buy mine the last few days, its always the same with folk, leave it to the last minute.

Once people see the fixtures and the signings towards the end of the month we will sell plenty.

Nothing to see here.

One really has to wonder about our support, everyone knows that season tickets are due now, why wait? The sooner we have the money in, the more we can plan for next season.

Don't tell me about interest in accounts or what games are on, if you are a Falkirk Fan you buy a season ticket.

One really has to wonder about our support, everyone knows that season tickets are due now, why wait? The sooner we have the money in, the more we can plan for next season.

Don't tell me about interest in accounts or what games are on, if you are a Falkirk Fan you buy a season ticket.

How about that perhaps some of have other things to afford first, before a season ticket? I've been a season ticket holder for half my life(I am fairly young mind you) but getting to student age means perhaps working some Saturdays, why should I get a season ticket? I am actually having to get one due to the ridiculous walk up prices, but it won't be until the deadline as thats when I can afford it.

I don't think it works like that, sometimes we had 2 home games in a row, other times we went an age without a home game.

Pretty much is apart from now and again, if i get at least 10 games then one will be bought. If not then PAYG it is.

We are Falkirk!

1338708170[/url]' post='6298485']

Seen on Twitter only 450 season tickets have been sold so far, guessing some people are waiting to see the fixtures before buying one like myself since I'm off every second weekend.

Sorry day when they look at fixtures before buying. I remember the day when signing players excited people to think I will go and buy this season because it looks like being a great season. The club as created more fuss and buzz about selling shirts and getting people to Elton John than thinking about what brings in punters. We won't beat the 1800 we sold last year. Not a chance.

Sorry day when they look at fixtures before buying. I remember the day when signing players excited people to think I will go and buy this season because it looks like being a great season. The club as created more fuss and buzz about selling shirts and getting people to Elton John than thinking about what brings in punters. We won't beat the 1800 we sold last year. Not a chance.

The club should be doing everything possible to get income, so I don't discourage them for trying to sell shirts, seeing as its a new release for the first time in 2 years. Elton John is understandable too, but your right. Nothing gets the fans more excited than a couple of good signings. What we have to wonder is for how long we will be forced to rely on youth with a couple of experienced pro's, perhaps you could shed some light?

What we have to wonder is for how long we will be forced to rely on youth with a couple of experienced pro's, perhaps you could shed some light?

For the foreseeable future methinks.

Unless a 'sugar-daddy' comes in with cash, we're pretty much stuck with the plan from the last 2 seasons.

It's a tricky balance. You're exactly right in saying we need to excite the support in some way by bringing in players or keeping guys from last year, but at the same time we have to be sensible financially.

The biggest part of it for me is that our form in the second half of last season was completely uninspiring, bordering on unacceptable actually. The League Cup run, Challenge Cup win and some of the real stand out days have masked that slightly. The squad was fairly young and we had little to play for in the league but we should have had the players to perform a helluva lot better than the whimper we managed. I fear we will be nowhere next season, although it is still early days. Another year of First Division boredom will only drive ticket sales even lower. This league is shite.

It's a tricky balance. You're exactly right in saying we need to excite the support in some way by bringing in players or keeping guys from last year, but at the same time we have to be sensible financially.

The biggest part of it for me is that our form in the second half of last season was completely uninspiring, bordering on unacceptable actually. The League Cup run, Challenge Cup win and some of the real stand out days have masked that slightly. The squad was fairly young and we had little to play for in the league but we should have had the players to perform a helluva lot better than the whimper we managed. I fear we will be nowhere next season, although it is still early days. Another year of First Division boredom will only drive ticket sales even lower. This league is shite.

Not to say we're a one man team, but we did lose a certain spark when Higginbotham left. It wasn't so much his work on the ball, but off it was superb. The way the system we play works relied on a player like that to link midfield and attack, play a part in both too, which I felt he managed. He was our top player for creating goal scoring chances, or assists.

However, as well as that, I don't think Kieran Duffie had a good second half of the season either, in an offensive sense. It seemed any time he got the ball for a cross it would be way over hit. Having played the majority of our games throughout the season I think it shown through and hopefully a rest with good pre-season can see him get his good form back.

I agree with you though, I don't think we'll do as well as last year. Replacing Farid will be next to impossible as well as Millar with his set pieces. We have to bring in some quality or we'll be in this division for years to come.

. This league is shite.

As opposed to what, the stultifying boredom of the SPL, trying to scrape draws as a fifth-full Rugby Park and limit the ugly sisters to only 4?

I like this division, it's open and has some good quality football. There are no guaranteed results in any game.

As opposed to what, the stultifying boredom of the SPL, trying to scrape draws as a fifth-full Rugby Park and limit the ugly sisters to only 4?

Yes. And judging by our attendance figures and season ticket sales, I'm not the only one who'd rather be playing Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen than Dumbarton, Morton and Cowdenbeath.

I think we are doing the right thing by bringing these youngsters up from the youth but we do need a couple more experienced boys in the squad becuase from what i can see they are doing the same as all boys that age do at everything; when the games going well we can pass around nice and silky but when its not going to plan the laddies get frustrated and start lumping the ball about. that and the fact that players as young as sibald and the fultons might not yet have the fitness to keep it up for a full season but all in all we are doing the right thing. (i think)

I also work weekends so for me a season ticket isnt worth it and the pay on the day price is a bit steep for the devision we're in. some games last season cost me 17 pound for the main stand and yes i know its less behind the goals but i like to get a view of the whole .