The Falkirk FC Thread

In February 2011 we owed £900k ish to various people.

We made severe cutbacks last season and in January 2012 we pocketed over £600k from player sales and the League cup exit.

I refuse to believe we owe any money to anyone right now.

Proof? Even from your calculations you've done there(even if those figures are right) we'd still be 300k due to people.

Proof? Even from your calculations you've done there(even if those figures are right) we'd still be 300k due to people.

Didn't you read the cutbacks piece?

We took a fair chunk of our summer 2011 season tickets and paid some debts (I hope)

Given the low wages we paid last season and the even lower ones now Scobbie and Millar are gone, we should be back in the black.

We also have the Elton cash to bankroll our pre-season.

Am I missing something? Wallace went for £300k, and Higgenbotham was speculated to have left for £150k. Don't remember anyone else leaving so I'm not sure where we're finding (at least) another £150k from?

Am I missing something? Wallace went for £300k, and Higgenbotham was speculated to have left for £150k. Don't remember anyone else leaving so I'm not sure where we're finding (at least) another £150k from?

League Cup Semi-final appearance + Television money.

Edited by Just a bairn

We didn't get to the final of the League Cup, we got to the semi-final. Anyone actually have any proper figures for the TV money we got or is it just speculation?

We didn't get to the final of the League Cup, we got to the semi-final. Anyone actually have any proper figures for the TV money we got or is it just speculation?

Fixed, but the point stands, that's where the cash came from.

Reaching the semi-final earns the club just short of £50,000 in prize money. I can't recall the exact figure for the Television money, but it's certainly more than £50,000. Added to that, you've got the gate money that's split between the four clubs.

In February 2011 we owed £900k ish to various people.

We made severe cutbacks last season and in January 2012 we pocketed over £600k from player sales and the League cup exit.

I refuse to believe we owe any money to anyone right now.

The loans which went into the club in January 2011 just before HMRC were on our tail were paid back over ten years, not sure about the cash needed to get them off our back. The soft loans paid back after selling Higgy and Wallace were to cover cashflow issues, in November 2011. The rest of that transfer cash was used to keep the club in a positive cash position meaning season tickets were not sold in this financial year.

Edited by Back Post Misses

As some of you may already have seen Falkirk TV have produced a short video of just some of the highlights from last season, which will remind viewers of how good it can feel to be a Falkirk fan.

The video is hosted on YouTube so please share the link with friends and family and help spread the word...

Click here to watch

That is a cracking video mate, well done, and hopefully we can do even better next year.

As some of you may already have seen Falkirk TV have produced a short video of just some of the highlights from last season, which will remind viewers of how good it can feel to be a Falkirk fan.

The video is hosted on YouTube so please share the link with friends and family and help spread the word...

Click here to watch

THAT was so cool. Wish I lived in Falkirk to experience that support.

Time will tell I guess. If he's like Higgy and less like Gibson we're onto a player. Just out of interest what are we doing with Compton?

Getting rid of him apparently! Hopefully sell him. I seen him tweet Bullen a couple of days ago saying he has a couple of offers.