The Falkirk FC Thread

I agree to an extent but surely there are games, home in particular this season where we can let McKee be the sitter and play Craigen aswell. Harris Craigen McKee and Hippo across the middle is an attacking wet dream and I rate McKees ability to break things up.

Plus I think Craigen is what we have started to call a 'confidence player', and I think only performs when he gets a run of games in the team. If he's mainly on the bench I doubt we'll see the best of him TBH.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree to an extent but surely there are games, home in particular this season where we can let McKee be the sitter and play Craigen aswell. Harris Craigen McKee and Hippo across the middle is an attacking wet dream and I rate McKees ability to break things up.

this totally

I would rather have Taiwo to break things up and allow McKee to be the main man in the centre. Even against Stirling and Forfar we have looked defensively shaky and having him in there would protect the back four.

Games against Dumbarton, Livingston and Brechin at home where we are struggling to break them down then having Craigen as an alternative to come on in the middle for the second half along with McKee would be ideal. Playing them all at the same time with the lack of depth on the bench doesn't leave a lot to change it up if it's not going according to plan.

Fair point, and I love me some Tom Taiwo. Watching him batter his way about the middle of the park is fantastic. I just think we started to see Craigen for what he really is at the tail end of the last season and am keen to get more of that from him.

Btw with someone beside him who has McKees drive and willingness to get forward, Mark Kerr can absolutely control a game so lets not forget him either.

It's a great conversation to have, a positive headache for the manager.

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

Games against Dumbarton, Livingston and Brechin at home where we are struggling to break them down then having Craigen as an alternative to come on in the middle for the second half along with McKee would be ideal. Playing them all at the same time with the lack of depth on the bench doesn't leave a lot to change it up if it's not going according to plan.

That's where Loy comes into his own IMO. Really like the way he drops into the gap between the opposition defence and midfield to create space for others. We drew too many home games last season, most of them against teams that sat in. Having someone who can play between the lines will be very useful.

That's where Loy comes into his own IMO. Really like the way he drops into the gap between the opposition defence and midfield to create space for others. We drew too many home games last season, most of them against teams that sat in. Having someone who can play between the lines will be very useful.

Excellent point. It's like having a number 10 and a second striker up front with Austin all at the same time. Wishing he would get a goal but there's so much more than that to his game.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair point, and I love me some Tom Taiwo. Watching him batter his way about the middle of the park is fantastic. I just think we started to see Craigen for what he really is at the tail end of the last season and am keen to get more of that from him.

Btw with someone beside him who has McKees drive and willingness to get forward, Mark Kerr can absolutely control a game so lets not forget him either.

Exactly. We have competition for places in midfield and various combinations who all compliment each others playing style really well.

A very good position to be in.

Very pleasing on the eye in complete contrast to Houston's last three seasons. Hopefully we can keep the key guys fit and the style of play doesn't change. Very promising, very promising indeed.

Caught the tail end of the radio but from what I gathered & read on Twitter tonight Houston after two more signings. Not sure if that is wishful thinking on his part or a possibility?

From what I had understood that even if Sibbald left then it would be unlikely to get anyone in unless there someone else left.

Thoughts? Did anyone hear what was said.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Excellent point. It's like having a number 10 and a second striker up front with Austin all at the same time. Wishing he would get a goal but there's so much more than that to his game.

its funny i was thinking that for a bit tonight, if only he could find the net. but tbh i dont care if he doesnt score all season the way he is playing at the moment is enough for me.

3 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Caught the tail end of the radio but from what I gathered & read on Twitter tonight Houston after two more signings. Not sure if that is wishful thinking on his part or a possibility?

From what I had understood that even if Sibbald left then it would be unlikely to get anyone in unless there someone else left.

caught the radio on the way home no mention of sibbs or additions from houston

He did not mention new players coming in. I have listened to it more than once as I thought I was missing something.

I am with you. I believe Houston is not getting another penny even if Sibbald goes .

He did not mention new players coming in. I have listened to it more than once as I thought I was missing something.

I am with you. I believe Houston is not getting another penny even if Sibbald goes .

I should have known better as it seems the originator of this is the Bairns Business bullshit twitter feed!!

3 hours ago, 2406xo said:

There no 10 looked good before he went off. What's his name? 

Dylan Easton, I think, he had an excellent game.

Joe McKee absolutely ran the show though.

Passes the ball so well and at pace.

Dylan Easton, I think, he had an excellent game.

I thought the blonde no11 had a good second half, nothing came of it but he caused us a bit of trouble

Would love to see Shepherd and O'Hara getting a goal. Would do their confidence a world of good.

Aye, felt for Shepherd with that chance at the end. He looks to have filled out a bit too. He's got a 2 year deal so the management must see something in him, really hope it translates to the first team this season. Same with O'Hara but I think neither were helped by the change in shape late on.

Disagree with that last bit. We changed to a diamond (a formation I've been calling for us to use over the last 2 seasons) after O'Hara and Miller came on and we definitely lost a bit of momentum because of that. We were better after changing back to our conventional 4-4-2 although for me O'Hara was wasted on the right wing. O'Hara and Shepherd are both strikers and if we are going to play them it has to be up front. Both have potential and I'd loan out one of them