The Falkirk FC Thread

Only real memory of Paton was in the friendly against Aberdeen when he randomly chopped down their boy, invisible after that. Wish him well with the illness but glad to see the back of him.

Ooft forgot all about that tackle. Can’t mind what player it was against but was a fucking belter. No often you see a player get booked in a friendly.

My two lasting memories of Paul Paton will be:-
His miss from 6 yards out, think it was against QotS where he pretty much tripped over the ball trying to shoot into a pretty much open goal. 
When he was shouting and pushing David Mitchell against Morton

That miss was fucking shocking. Came to him perfectly to just slot away with his left foot however he shat it tries to move his body right round to use his right foot and fell on his hoop.

Christ that was grim.

At least i wont have to watch the one bounce volleys over the midfields heads any more to absolutely noone. I wouldve kept him as he probably wouldve done a job at league one level as his career comes towards its conclusion.  Dunfermline obviously arent interested in promotion again this season.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Ray McKinnon would be more mobile and have a bigger array of passes in him than Paton at the age of 49

Nisbet will be another Fez, scores for fun in league one and fails in the championship, there are plenty strikers who are in that club.

Paton drives Dunfermline to win the league, boy even the state I got in when we got relegated, I couldn't make that absurd comment.

Or Andy Ryan. Another league one superstar the pars paid money for who turned out to be shit.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we have 7 signed players before the return of pre-season in less than a week?

Tidser
Mutch
Lavery (Long term injury)
Buchanan
Connolly
McShane
McLean

Can we expect a flood before next Thursday or are we just going to train with the bare minimum?

We’re probably still short of 13 players or so to have some sort of depth, given there is 18 on a match day squad and even after that it only leaves 2 players left out which really isn’t a lot. How many signings can we realistically expect before the betfred cup starts?

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but we have 7 signed players before the return of pre-season in less than a week?

Tidser
Mutch
Lavery (Long term injury)
Buchanan
Connolly
McShane
McLean

Can we expect a flood before next Thursday or are we just going to train with the bare minimum?

We’re probably still short of 13 players or so to have some sort of depth, given there is 18 on a match day squad and even after that it only leaves 2 players left out which really isn’t a lot. How many signings can we realistically expect before the betfred cup starts?

Is Dunne not still there, cant remember seeing him mentioned as released.

1 hour ago, P475 said:

You just signed liam Buchanan and Aiden Connolly. Strange that you feel “we” are getting weaker. 

No we haven't.  They have signed for Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No we haven't.  They have signed for Falkirk.

No “they” haven’t, but welcome to the “get your facts right” gang. Schoolboy error from you there.

It's at times like this someone needs a boot in the balls for getting shot of the academy at least we had something we could have called on if numbers were light ready or not.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No “they” haven’t, but welcome to the “get your facts right” gang. Schoolboy error from you there.

Fucking someone Buchanan then.  I don't know his first name.  Stop being a gimp.

If football was just about pointing and shouting Paul Paton would be a global icon of the game. As it is his basic skills aren't up to much he's slow and doesn't offer any leadership, mediocre at best. 

Him thinking he's too good for us is fine by me.

See the pars picked up the lad Turner from Stranraer also, felt that's the sort of player we should be after, along with the Paton at stenny. Both good young players with potential that have stood out at L1 level and are looking to step up.

By my reckoning we need at least 3 strikers, one winger, 2 cbs (that can cover fb) and both fb/wb positions. Plus a keeper. That 9 players for a bare minimum squad. By the end of next week.

Be interesting to see who else comes in, after the bread and circus signing of Tidser and Buchanan

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fucking someone Buchanan then.  I don't know his first name.  Stop being a gimp.

You fucked up. No gimpiness involved. Accept it, and move on.