The Falkirk FC Thread

Sums up the mess that last season was that one on the most one dimensional players ever to rock up at Falkirk is leaving with even a modicum of goodwill from the support.

Good at the old snarling fistbump pish, but that was pretty much it.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Disappointed to here that Paul might be away. Probably the right type of player to get us out of the seaside league. Had the pleasure of his company at the Gala dinner. Good luck to him if he gets a good deal. It won’t be hard to better the deal he’s on with us.

Was he also surprisingly down to earth and VERY funny?

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So we're meant to be taking Paton off your hands and have signed Raith's top scorer and best defender from last season - we are really trying to help you guys out here, so try not to f**k it up, eh?

We will try, but no guarantees. The Paton deal is a fantastic gift.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Disappointed to here that Paul might be away. Probably the right type of player to get us out of the seaside league. Had the pleasure of his company at the Gala dinner. Good luck to him if he gets a good deal. It won’t be hard to better the deal he’s on with us.

Whatever we were paying him it was way too much.

Pseudo hard man that could  barely play football.

Good riddance, and lets all forget he actually was with us.

Just now, Crawford Baptie said:

Paton away is a watch won. He is in ultra defensive player who isn’t needed. We will be on the front foot most games this season and I doubt he’d start many games.

Totally agree. He is just a shit footballer. Slow one footed can't pass can't attack. Can't believe someone took him off our hands 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

I agree- there have obviously been some bad decisions made by the BoD and MSG(many of which the fans would have made the same). Hopefully the ownership situation will be resolved soon but I think the way the MSG have been cast as evil villains is way over the top for a group of unpaid volunteers who have put significant sums of their own money into the club. A group who’ve made some bad decisions is in no way comparable to the likes of oyston at Blackpool and mike Ashley.

Here he goes with this "unpaid volunteers" pish again. He's not even trying to hide it any more.

EdiBairn now ramping up the rhetoric for his mates in the MSG & on the BoD to stay in place.  

Best bit business this summer! 

What a charlatan Paton is -  Brought in for experience, he was the biggest liability in a team of pish - Sure he was an old experienced  head, but he old legs and his brain is that of a spoilt teenager

All the fist pumping and waving to the fans in apology after making an arse of something or other gave me the boak!

Paton and Osman have to be the worst midfield combo, I've seen in over 30 years of watching, they made Gary Lennox and Steven Cody look like Xavi and Iniesta 

Where are all the Paton fan boys that were here during the season?

I’m probably one of them. Don’t think there were any ‘fan boys’ as such. But at a time when we were fucking shite it was good to see a player actually give a f**k and put some effort in. Even if it was someone as pish and extremely limited as Paton.

His form did get bettter after a horrific start. And he was better than utter shite like Waddington. Still I’m delighted to see him go and I’m sure we can quite easily get better in.

36 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Ye just ken he's gonna help the Pars to the title next year.

I have liked the sound of every one of Dunfermline's signings this summer. Kevin Nisbet up front n aht. No bad at all.

I've thought this too actually. That said I thought their signings last year would have them higher up the table. 

If he's asked to be released it's probably best for everyone all round as he'd be on a daft wage in L1.

A bit like Dixon holding out for £1k a week, i think we can do better, cheaper.

So we're meant to be taking Paton off your hands and have signed Raith's top scorer and best defender from last season - we are really trying to help you guys out here, so try not to f**k it up, eh?

Unfurtunately we will probably still have him playing for us for the first couple of games of the season, he’ll take that that long to change his body direction and turn his feet round to move to you guys before your first match.