The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, keithgy said:

The official statement is we are up shit creak without a paddle.

Yep definitely. Lang and Campbell had their faults but at least they had the balls to get rid of an underperforming manager. We could be sitting 5th next season in January and Ritchie and Co wouldn't act.

We really are fucked if we don't get taken over now!

Looking in from the outside it seems pretty grim. As much as we all have a laugh about things it's no good to watch people destroy your club. I've seen the statement last week and that's really not how you try to intice boycotting fans to buy a season ticket.

I'm not convinced that Falkirk will bounce straight back up. Is there a plan in place if that happens?

McKinnon is absolutely the bottom of the pile of our worries right now. Our fans do my nut in. 
I agree totally. To be honest I have no thoughts about changing the manager. My thoughts are totally focused on the damage this mob are doing to our club. I have real concerns regarding who they are negotiating with and the motives behind them wanting to buy Falkirk.

I would be an extremely happy boy if they would just sell to the fans and f**k off.

Guest Ecosse83
22 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

McKinnon is absolutely the bottom of the pile of our worries right now. Our fans do my nut in. 

Bad example I used. I was more meaning if we are stuck with the same regime ( owners) and we are 5th in the league then they won't act, they will be happy ticking along hoping to scrape 4th and get in the play offs, basically showing no ambition at all. 

I'll admit I'm not McKinnon's biggest fan but he will at least know who he wants to sign right now and is just waiting on the green light ( well I bloody hope so anyway :lol:). 

Edited by Ecosse83

I can’t help thinking that if we had signed Scott Macdonald (and he was training with us) instead of Patrick we would have stayed up . Signing policy has been horrendous for years now .can hardly think of a decent player we signed . Best players were academy graduates or guys like Leah and vaulks who were already with us. Not counting loaners who has been our best signing in the last 3 years? Mark Kerr

So Mark Kerr was signed in January 2015 so can’t be him.

Looking back at our permanent signings for the last 3 years it’s genuinely fucking terrible. I’d say the best 3 would probably be Jordan McGhee, Louis Longridge and Tommy Robson.

Btw the list as far as I can tell is:

Fraser Aird

James Craigen

Luca Gasparotto

Lewis Kidd

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Robbie Thomson

Conrad Balatoni

Alex Harris

Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Louis Longridge

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch

Tommy Robson

Sean Welsh

Patrick Brough

Prince Buaben

Tom Dallison

Paul Dixon

Mustapha Dumbuya

William Edjenguele

Leo Fasan

Dimitris Froxylias

Rees Greenwood

Scott Harrison

Dennon Lewis

Ross MacLean

Dylan Mackin

Ciaran McKenna

Ian McShane

Abdul Osman

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantas Petravicius

Tommy Robson

Marc Russell

Nikolay Todorov

Paul Paton

That really is some pile of absolute dross there. Tried to pick a ‘decent’ starting 11 from that but couldn’t.

100% this.

I'll admit I'm not McKinnon's biggest fan but he will at least know who he wants to sign right now and is just waiting on the green light ( well I bloody hope so anyway :lol:). 

You’re not? You should’ve said something sooner.

Looking back at our permanent signings for the last 3 years it’s genuinely fucking terrible. I’d say the best 3 would probably be Jordan McGhee, Louis Longridge and Tommy Robson.

Fraser Aird
James Craigen
Luca Gasparotto
Lewis Kidd
Joe McKee
John Rankin
Robbie Thomson
Conrad Balatoni
Alex Harris
Rory Loy
Jordan McGhee
Louis Longridge
David Mitchell
Robbie Mutch
Tommy Robson
Sean Welsh
Patrick Brough
Prince Buaben
Tom Dallison
Paul Dixon
Mustapha Dumbuya
William Edjenguele
Leo Fasan
Dimitris Froxylias
Rees Greenwood
Scott Harrison
Dennon Lewis
Ross MacLean
Dylan Mackin
Ciaran McKenna
Ian McShane
Abdul Osman
Tom Owen-Evans
Deimantas Petravicius
Tommy Robson
Marc Russell
Nikolay Todorov
Paul Paton

That really is some pile of absolute dross there. Tried to pick a ‘decent’ starting 11 from that but couldn’t.

That list gives me the boak

Fraser Aird
James Craigen
Luca Gasparotto
Lewis Kidd
Joe McKee
John Rankin
Robbie Thomson
Conrad Balatoni
Alex Harris
Rory Loy
Jordan McGhee
Louis Longridge
David Mitchell
Robbie Mutch
Tommy Robson
Sean Welsh
Patrick Brough
Prince Buaben
Tom Dallison
Paul Dixon
Mustapha Dumbuya
William Edjenguele
Leo Fasan
Dimitris Froxylias
Rees Greenwood
Scott Harrison
Dennon Lewis
Ross MacLean
Dylan Mackin
Ciaran McKenna
Ian McShane
Abdul Osman
Tom Owen-Evans
Deimantas Petravicius
Tommy Robson
Marc Russell
Nikolay Todorov
Paul Paton

That roll call of shame tells you why we are down amongst the diddies and no certainty to recover any time soon.

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Fasan
Dumbuya Dallison Russell Brough

Harris Owen-Evans Froxylias Lewis

Mackin Turner

:lol:

Brough was showing signs of adapting to the game up here and improving before we got Dixon in, the rest werent 

Having a quick flick through the other club’s forums here, and it’s refreshing to see them all discussing signings for the coming season with virtually no mention of us at all. 

Go to the Championship forum, and it’s all about the Dundee rivalry (and rightly so), Dunfermline, and the achingly needy Morten who spend more time frothing at the mouth about us rather than anything about their own club.

I guess the L1 forums can bide their time, and wait to see just how bad we are before piling in. One thing is for sure, if Raith Rovers don’t see this as their best chance to finish above us in a long long time, then they are really screwed.

The bad bit is, that from where we are now, “finishing above Falkirk” probably won’t mean “winning the title”.

45 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The way things are looking i think mid table is optimistic for us, even new ownership is a worry for us at the moment as we dont know the agenda behind it.

Let’s be honest. We are going to have all the shit left to sign as we have left it late again. We will be awful again this season.

Imagine how negatives tactics will be when he has really crap players ?? It will be awful to watch.

Fully appreciate the shit going on at board level but are people really naive enough to think McKinnon has been sitting in the house for the last 3/4 weeks with his thumb up his arse? Players will be signed but they aren’t gonna announce f**k all until the bigger issues are sorted out.