The Falkirk FC Thread

This is an FFC issue that is long standing. If it does allude to our feckless and error riddled CEO, then does that statement also mean that if we can afford it, we would spend £70k on bringing in another one? WTF???

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Shitebag?  Good Lord - you're still running with that.

How I wish I had the raw courage required to take the Mickey out of a Scottish football team on an anonymous forum a bit earlier.  I'd show those softies at the Somme something about valour.

Mocking the brave souls that died fighting for their country is pretty abhorrent TBH.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Mocking the brave souls that died fighting for their country is pretty abhorrent TBH.

It sure would be.

That's why I instead mock those who discuss our trivial nonsense on here, in terms of courage.

It’ll seem a bit strange if we hear/read about signings before the transfer of ownership is done and dusted. Of course, it could well be the case that the transfer of ownership is already well down the path of being completed, and any budgets/signing policy have already been agreed by those taking over.............and were that to be the case, then the supporters initiative of patrons and pledges may well have  been kicked into the long grass (for now). Again, I wouldn’t be too surprised by that.

It’ll seem a bit strange if we hear/read about signings before the transfer of ownership is done and dusted. Of course, it could well be the case that the transfer of ownership is already well down the path of being completed, and any budgets/signing policy have already been agreed by those taking over.............and were that to be the case, then the supporters initiative of patrons and pledges may well have  been kicked into the long grass (for now). Again, I wouldn’t be too surprised by that.
The statement said there is a budget in place

2 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Read the statement again now I have sobered up. This jumped out as well

We have to accept that there are things that we simply can’t afford on League One income and that these have to be addressed.”

This screams CC to me

From what I heard, ML &CC were the ones pushing for serious cash to be invested in the playing budget, in fact I may well have read that on here from some that attended a fans meeting the week after the season ended?  More likely this would be down to the guy who signed the statement who prefers the "tread cautiously" approach. Let`s hope and pray that the buyout happens and we do get serious investment, otherwise, things could get pretty bleak under the old regime.

3 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

I'll be happy with a top four finish

Full time surely means play off place at worst down here.

Montrose winning 15 games and losing 15 games and making the play offs gave me the wtf, Dumbarton lost less games in a season where they were bottom 2 most of it.

36 minutes ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The statement said there is a budget in place

The manager has a small budget with which to make immediate signings, funded from the cash within the business I believe. That will then be supplemented by the new owners.

19 minutes ago, Oscar P said:

League 1 'derby day' fixtures next season?

Airdrie v Clyde
Dumbarton v Stranraer
East Fife v Raith Rovers
Forfar v Montrose
Peterhead v Falkirk

I blame Stenhousemuir.

Depends if they use old skool regarding where Clyde originally came from, lets be honest they are now Cumbernauld Fc