The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Too stupid to avoid the comma splice?

Hears hoping you come down with us

Would that depend if it rained or not ?

Edited by MrDust

Hope this was important and haunts him forever. 
Hes due with his team to play in Halifax early June.
I will probably go along and watch and thank him for his services to Falkirk.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A reminder that the Board were aiming for promotion at the start of the season and now it looks like they'll finish bottom of the table.

That's a failure so bad it's almost impressive.

They said play offs am sure, they just didnt say which ones 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Choosing safety or relegation on the basis of something that's gonna happen one way or another is a stupid question.

First and foremost you want your team to win, if you dont then you are just stupid to begin with

I'd maybe temper that expectation right now until someone shows up who is both willing and able to stump up to buy the club. There aren't many examples of bad feeling in and of itself being enough to force change.

11 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

The freebies, hospitality hounds and gravy train needs to stop as well IMO. Too many hangers on making money from the club for turning up once or twice a year. Sentiment needs to be thrown out the window and a sustainable business plan implemented. 

I assume you're not talking about the BOD as the original post was about them.

So if not them, who?

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd maybe temper that expectation right now until someone shows up who is both willing and able to stump up to buy the club. There aren't many examples of bad feeling in and of itself being enough to force change.

Its firstly about getting folk who are dead wood and costing us money and causing a divide between club and fans with their actions, Campbell and Lang appear to be in the first ejector seats.

7 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Apparently according to the news article shared on the COYB page relegation is going to cost us £500,000. If true, that’s the board cost us £600,000 on relegation and a management team alone.

£160,000 - £180,000 is closer to the figure for the management merry go round, at least McKinnon has kept the win bonus low.

We have also dipped into the rainy day funds for another new shite team in January, heads need to roll 

£160,000 - £180,000 is closer to the figure for the management merry go round, at least McKinnon has kept the win bonus low.
We have also dipped into the rainy day funds for another new shite team in January, heads need to roll 

Aye what I meant was that £100,000 was just for the current management team, never mind the previous one and the multiple squads.

1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

Hes due with his team to play in Halifax early June.
I will probably go along and watch and thank him for his services to Falkirk.

Could you not just kick him in the knackers then run away? I mean, he wouldn't catch you, would he?

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think the council would grab your hand off for the cash, problem is the silly money that they would demand.
Where do you think the millions required could be raised from?

I'm not suggesting it's realistic from our side any time soon. Just wondered what their appetite would be like. 

When can we expect the defiant rallying call from ML & CC? They have tried expert “communications” on racism, copyright, super agents, things never being allowed to be as bad as last season and employment law. All have failed miserably.

They have tried spin, and they have tried silence and none of that has worked either. Surely it’s time to go back to basics, and hit us with one last bravura crock of shit via the Official Site. This season really does deserve a cherry on the salty cake. Come on guys, give the support one last breathtaking lie. You know it makes sense.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Is Firs Park still available?

It’s not in that much of a dissimilar state to FFC last I looked.

Council are taking a cut of the Main Stand bar and hospitality every game, it probably looked like they were giving us a helping hand in the transition from Brockville, but they've played a blinder in pumping us raw for the past 15 years

Absolutely no surprise whatsoever to hear that Falkirk Council are dipping their grubby hands in. Absolute imposters who’ve fucked the local area in much the same way Lang & Co have fucked FFC.

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Apparently according to the news article shared on the COYB page relegation is going to cost us £500,000. If true, that’s the board cost us £600,000 on relegation and a management team alone.

You guys saved cash on scrapping the youth academy but it now seems a bit penny wise pound foolish and very myopic thinking.

I remember when we first came up and played you. I thought your team had real quality and depth under Houston. Maybe the playoff games had the reaction that it just wasn’t meant to be and people had to move on? I think the premiership playoff system is a joke and you should get promoted as runners up. It’s rewarding failure and doing Scottish football no favours by keeping clubs in the lower leagues who bring more to the table than half the top league. Going off on a tangent there but from the outside looking in the managerial appointments all looked good on paper but the scouting and signings seemed odd from Hartley and you’ve been playing catch-up ever since. At least your board backed the managers, hopefully within a budget.

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

When you look at what we have had in the past with the likes of the Deans and Fulston we havent done too badly, but looking at things 
Lang i would say is more a supporter and just doing what she see's fit (from what the rumour was it was her call to sack houstie) though the Mckinnon tapping, Lewis gate and decision to cut the academy being leaked were disastrous

The more I hear the more I believe this is all CC's dirty work. He's full time & is running the show where as ML flirts in and out whilst doing her real job. He had the powerpoint Project Premiership plan, he was mentioned in the court case as the one who went to meet Ray & co in Glasgow behind Morton's back. Since it's  all went pear shaped he has went mute and hides behind ML at a fans meeting  - not heard his come down for a coffee stuff lately either.  

All the unsigned club statements are from him too I am sure of it.  He really should be a keyboard warrior as well. 

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I assume you're not talking about the BOD as the original post was about them.

So if not them, who?

I am talking about them all!! One example I have heard is Alex Totten getting paid circa 30-40k for turning up once or twice a season. Things like this need to stop sentiment needs thrown out the window. 

1 minute ago, Stuperman01 said:

I am talking about them all!! One example I have heard is Alex Totten getting paid circa 30-40k for turning up once or twice a season. Things like this need to stop sentiment needs thrown out the window. 

I’m not sure about any payments but Totten is certainly about the club more than once or twice a season.