The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I hear all the calls for the current board of management to be replaced.  I'm sure there are some people out there who know who the replacements are.  It's all fair and we'll removing an underperforming board, but you cannot do that without leaving an abyss at the top.

We need a footballing head in there.  Someone qualified to judge the merits of any managerial appointments. A director of football if you will.

Other than that, what qualifications, and experience, should a potential board member possess?

Any names in the frame?

^ Current board member found.

9 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I hear all the calls for the current board of management to be replaced.  I'm sure there are some people out there who know who the replacements are.  It's all fair and we'll removing an underperforming board, but you cannot do that without leaving an abyss at the top.

We need a footballing head in there.  Someone qualified to judge the merits of any managerial appointments. A director of football if you will.

Other than that, what qualifications, and experience, should a potential board member possess?

Any names in the frame?

Lex, yer oot the door, end of , right!!!

22 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Any names in the frame?

I say give this lassie Abyss a go, couldn't do any worse than the clown collective there now.

Any names in the frame?
I'll do it.

By way of credentials, let me pledge that I wont threaten fans of the club with legal action over something the club has no legal ownership of.

If we leave aside the academy hot tattie since folk will still argue either way, the above on its own puts me firmly in the driving seat in a two horse race with the current occupant of the CEOs chair.

Campaign donations via PM btw

When you look at what we have had in the past with the likes of the Deans and Fulston we havent done too badly, but looking at things from another point of view i would say in the last 4 yrs has been directionless and the last 2 is one decision disaster after the other.

As far as fit and proper board members when you look at Sevco appointing Whyte then we havent done too badly although alarm bells will be ringing if someone decides to sel their shares for a pound mind you (no chance of that one happening)..lol

Lang i would say is more a supporter and just doing what she see's fit (from what the rumour was it was her call to sack houstie) though the Mckinnon tapping, Lewis gate and decision to cut the academy being leaked were disastrous

CC dont know enough about him but the shout about him wanting to take action on a supporters club for merchandise especially when the trademark had lapsed well that just says (bit of a bell end)

Genuine question:

Such is the clamour for fairly fundamental change, are there any Falkirk fans who wouldn't actually be that chuffed if the club managed to stay up this year, lest it mean things continue in the same way?

FWIW, although the odds are obviously against, I think there's still a reasonable chance that Falkirk will sneak into the play-off spot this weekend.

Genuine question:
Such is the clamour for fairly fundamental change, are there any Falkirk fans who wouldn't actually be that chuffed if the club managed to stay up this year, lest it mean things continue in the same way?
FWIW, although the odds are obviously against, I think there's still a reasonable chance that Falkirk will sneak into the play-off spot this weekend.
It would simply mean the requirement to up our hounding game to counter act their inevitable "look we stayed up lets try again" shite.

On the plus side it might prevemt the haemorraghing of pledges for the fan buyout that we will see if we go down, retain the current structure, or both.

I think wed all be happy if we stayed up. No one WANTS the relegation stick to heat them with, all thats happening is we are using it since its there.

Genuine question:
Change is comming, wont matter what league we are in

Just now, falkirkzombie said:
6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Genuine question:

If your doing an Edibairn and with an ITK or are you genuinely ITK

Yeah. Cant put the genie back in the bottle now. Damage done with decisions that led us here and countless snide digs at the fans. The relationship and trust between the fans and the non football side of the club is in bits.

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:

What a stupid question, no matter what happens on Saturday the revolt will happen. If Elvis, Princess Di and Bruce Lee attend our game on Saturday and other miracles happen and we do get the play off place, then I am not too sure if the revolt should fully go to the limits if the miracle does happen

The revolt should go full tonto on our last game, which in my opinion is Saturday, the league table never lies and we deserve to go down with the manager that makes Pressley look attack minded

Edited by MrDust

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If Elvis, Princess Di and Bruce Lee attend our game on Saturday and other miracles happen and we do get the play off place, then I am not too sure if the revolt should fully go to the limits if the miracle does happen

What a stupid sentence - incoherent pish.

The question was one that a few other Falkirk fans seem capable of coping with.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What a stupid sentence - incoherent pish.

The question was one that a few other Falkirk fans seem capable of coping with.

Choosing safety or relegation on the basis of something that's gonna happen one way or another is a stupid question.

First and foremost you want your team to win, if you dont then you are just stupid to begin with

Edited by MrDust

7 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Quite funny to see the Falkirk fans passing judgement on other fanbases given that they themselves are some of the worst human being to have ever disgraced this once proud website. 

Club full of mingers. Hope they go to the wall. 

Good post. Filled to the brim with stuff you never knew about yourself (and probably still don’t).