The Falkirk FC Thread

Who exactly has been lording it over Morton fans. We don't care about Morton, I mean its an ok fixture because you can get the train to Glasgow before and after for a piss up and its nice to stand on the terraces but other than that Morton mean nothing to us. 
You had a manager for six games or so that tbh a lot of Falkirk fans, myself included weren't really that excited about signing, presumably on better terms and more money than Morton offered. Let it go, I get the irony and banter but this faux rivalry is a bit far. 

38th minute pitch invasion after an equaliser.

Has there ever been a group of fans on here so happy to give it out but desperate to let everyone know how much they don't care when it's their turn to take the digs than Falkirk fans.

2 hours ago, Sarge Bullman said:

It has been a bit of a pile on by fans of other clubs which, in many ways, has been a bit unfair. Falkirk's current situation should be concerning for the vast majority of Scottish football fans. They're one of our games traditional big(ish) clubs and to see them teetering on the brink of a disastrous relegation to the 3rd tier of the game is nothing short of a disaster. This is a club who in recent seasons have competed towards the upper echelons of the league system, have been to 2 Scottish Cup finals and had an academy that was as productive as any other in this country. Compare and contrast that with their current plight which has seen them perform diabolically in the league, suffer an incredibly embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat to their local rivals (which has seen droves of young supporters change allegiance to aforementioned rivals) , be tainted with a horrible and untimely racism allegation and have to fork out thousands in fines to cover the tapping-up of a deeply unsuccessful manager. Its also worth remembering that the clubs playing resources are worth next to nothing and they don't hold any tangible assets (the Falkirk Stadium is entirely owned and funded by local taxpayers). An annus horribilis to say the very least!!

As fans of the lesser lights in our game we shouldn't be kicking Falkirk when  they are down - we should be sticking together. I take no pleasure in seeing a grand club with the stature of 'The Bairns' flounder in such spectacular fashion which is why I would hope my club would extend the hand of friendship to them when the inevitable eviction and bankruptcy occurs and vote to have them parachuted back into the senior set-up or, at the very least, offer an extended groundshare agreement at Ochilview.

Together in friendship.

I was going to help straighten out a few of the deliberate mistakes, but anyone who uses the Polynesian counting system of “one, two, droves, many, five, six, very many, seven” is a good reason as any to engage no further.

Yeah. Morton fans. Meltdown over Ray, but we don't care. Messaging Rudden on Twitter. Having a meltdown over Tidser, then claiming you weren't bothered. 

At what point have we pretended not to care? This new found rivalry has been fair game for both fans.

Both teams have had the chance to one up the other multiple times and both sets of fans have relished their moments to noise up the other.

Never forget you had to bring your own security to cappielow because you thought we cared that much.

Based on Lang’s comments, thought it was only fair to produce these comedy gold answers from September.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-fc-margaret-lang-s-q-a-in-full-1-4803007/amp

Regardless of what the outcome is Saturday, I’m really looking forward to it and beyond.

2 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

You’re fooling nobody kid. The reality is, Morton normally don’t care about Falkirk, and Falkirk don’t normally care about Morton. The animosity this season came from you tapping up our manager and him jumping straight away. That created a rivalry which previously didn’t exist. First you had the “we took your manager” bragging rights; fair enough. We beat you at cappielow, we had bragging rights; fair enough.

You signed Tids on a PCA then bragged about stealing our best player; fair enough. Now he’s almost certainly not joining as you’re pretty much down, throwing bragging rights back to us; fair enough.

You can insist Falkirk don’t care about Morton all you want, but the McKinnon avatars, pitch invasions before half time when drawing and bouncing about Morton threads on the wind up suggest you really do care.

^^^. nail on head. 

lex miller following Ritchie's footsteps out the door

It’s what needs to happen as for us to be in the position we are in means there is some serious shite lurking in the underbelly of the club. I’ve nothing against anyone trying and I’m sure both CC & ML intentions were honorable . Unfortunately they are not winners or leaders and maybe not even to blame . What other clubs are run by a secretive MSG of old duds who say fukc all but preside over such a disaster and get away with it. Third lanark or David Murray’s deed rangers.? There is something wrong with the core of this club and it needs a corporate laxitive up its arse to flush it out.

Heard through the grape vine that the rumoured American takeover was the Hannigan group who own the beancross, park hotel and The Cladhan. They are supposedly distraught how the club is being run (being Falkirk fans) and want to help out however will only pledge money if the current board leave. They do not want to work with the current board hence why it wouldn’t work as part of a fan’s ownership.

Heard through the grape vine that the rumoured American takeover was the Hannigan group who own the beancross, park hotel and The Cladhan. They are supposedly distraught how the club is being run (being Falkirk fans) and want to help out however will only pledge money if the current board leave. They do not want to work with the current board hence why it wouldn’t work as part of a fan’s ownership.

Heard the same rumour. Hopefully he can take over and rebuild our club.

The reality is they don’t have the balls to  extend the Championship or Premiership. Even a rangers in the third division wasn’t enough for them to make it a 16 team league. 

On the upside I am sure the viewing figures would be amazing for Arbroath vs Forfar next season would the other teams in this years relegation battle to keep there dud managers. You can bet Dundee will do what they do and win that division by a carter.

On 27/04/2019 at 12:09, Ecosse83 said:

It was Alex Smith that recommended Hartley for the job and that came from Smith himself. 

Probably wouldn't admit it now right enough :lol:

Did your club seriously employ that OAP.  He was past it in the 1990s.

Jobs for the boys and then people wonder why things go wrong.