The Falkirk FC Thread

I wonder if we’ll ever actually hear from Craig Campbell ever again.

Can anyone remember the last time he was actually quoted or heard from publicly?

The lack of leadership and accountability over his presiding over the worst two seasons we’ve had in most people's lifetimes is disgusting really. 

Edited by Hughsie

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Osman was our best player yesterday and has generally been very solid since he signed. I'd certainly rather have him in the team than McShane.

How you doing?

An outstanding display on here last night.  I'm still not sure what was happening.   An elaborate joke?  A drunken meltdown?  A combination of the above?

Hats off either way - a terrific performance.

17 hours ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Nah it would show ambition to try and get Goodwin or Hopkin 

It would show delusion. No chance either of those managers will take a League 1 job.

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Why should the groundstaff, admin clerks, retail folk,  physio, safety guy &  kitman  be sacked? Alex Totten too?

I know you're joking, or at least I hope you are, but these are the folk who could be facing pay cuts and redundancies through no fault of their own.  It happened ten years ago when we got relegated from the SPL and I suspect it could happen again. Not much fun for the folk involved. :(

I'm overreacting a bit by saving every single employee should be emptied, but certainly on the football side we need to bin absolutely everyone including the entire playing squad. We simply need to move on from the awful culture that's been allowed to fester over the past two seasons. I'd have no qualms with getting rid of every single player, including the remotely decent ones.

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How far adrift were Falkirk at the time of McKinnon's appointment?

I was wondering that myself, but I can't find any website which give league tables on specific dates.

However, Hartley had three league games in charge and Gordon Young one. McKinnon sat in the stand watching us lose the fourth one at Dingwall before he took over the following week. So at that stage in the season we had zero points. 

A quick look at the Alloa results shows they were on five points, having beaten Ross County and drawn with ICT and Dundee Utd.

Partick were on six points, having beaten us and Morton.

In the nine months since taking over, having signed seventeen players (admittedly some for the reserves) and lost sixteen, McKinnon's team.…….

have gained one point on Partick Thistle and two points on Alloa.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Why do folk keep saying about Kerr and Baird? John done a decent job for us but he’s not a Falkirk man imo. 

I like Baird, good character to have around. Him and Kerr are mates and has done well with Forfar this season as player/assistant manager so has some experience as well. 

So despite being full time, regularly attracting 4,000 fans, and being allowed to rebuild in January, he's managed to claw back a whopping 2  points on Alloa in just 8 short months?

Yes, I can see why he's claiming such a feat would have seemed beyond all your wildest dreams back then.

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

I like Baird, good character to have around. Him and Kerr are mates and has done well with Forfar this season as player/assistant manager so has some experience as well. 

Baird is a little thicko.

I wouldn't imagine he'd be much of an answer.

So despite being full time, regularly attracting 4,000 fans, and being allowed to rebuild in January, he's managed to claw back a whopping 2  points on Alloa in just 8 short months?
Yes, I can see why he's claiming such a feat would have seemed beyond all your wildest dreams back then.
No one is buying it tbf. Position in October is irrelevant when we have been in a position of safety much more recently.

His statement is not a stick you can beat the fans with

Bairdy should never have left when he did.

And in league 1, he wid get about 60 goals in a dominant team. 60 jumps. 60 boners from me.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No one is buying it tbf. Position in October is irrelevant when we have been in a position of safety much more recently.

His statement is not a stick you can beat the fans with

:lol: Don't be so bloody touchy.

I'm agreeing that it's a ludicrous statement.  

If I was keen to find a stick to beat Falkirk fans with, I wouldn't need to look too hard.  

[emoji38] Don't be so bloody touchy.
I'm agreeing that it's a ludicrous statement.  
If I was keen to find a stick to beat Falkirk fans with, I wouldn't need to look too hard.  
Not that I thought you were... Just saying you will find nothing but agreement here.

Ray has gone from sounding pretty level headed and pragmatic at the start to sounding like he has no clue what to do, which is a fair reflection of what is making it onto the park.

Still at least next year you’ll be able to see  Tidser, on two grand a week,  getting the crap kicked out of him by seaside league  carthorses.
And youl still be able to tweet footballers who will ignore you, because you are a creepy weirdo.

Everyone happy then.