• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're in for McKenna at the end of the season, what's he like?

He's nowhere near ready to play top flight football at the moment simple as that. Has shown great talent at times but has also dipped badly in recent games. One for the future but hes at the level he needs to be at just now.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's nowhere near ready to play top flight football at the moment simple as that. Has shown great talent at times but has also dipped badly in recent games. One for the future but hes at the level he needs to be at just now.

Seems to fit the mould for the type of player we'd pick up, I can see us signing him and loaning him out to a Championship side until January to see how he is

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems to fit the mould for the type of player we'd pick up, I can see us signing him and loaning him out to a Championship side until January to see how he is

Whit? Livvy I’ll more than likely be headed for the Championship next season. McKenna sights will be set a bit higher than the Launderers.

You know he was cleared of all charges, and the laddie doesn’t have a criminal record? That might not sit well with your “club” staffing policy.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit? Livvy I’ll more than likely be headed for the Championship 

What's this based on? 

They've absolutely cruised to safety this season. Miles ahead of the bottom three.

What's this based on? 
They've absolutely cruised to safety this season. Miles ahead of the bottom three.

Based on the fact two of their key players have signed pre contracts and a few more are due to leave.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's this based on? 

Season after next, I think is what he means. Always hard to replace players when a tight knit group loses players. 

They can’t carry over points to next season. The top flight is littered with clubs going from a top six finish to relegation scraps the following season. Livingston make Hamilton look like a sleeping giant ffs.

Unless a few more players and assistant coaches get themselves involved in the High Court, they will struggle to find more untouchables to swell the ranks.

I think we simply must win next week. If we don't, we're down. That's how I see it.

I like Ray,he seems like a nice guy but I've not enjoyed the way we put our stall out since Jan. I understand it but it's laughable to say we do anything but park the bus.

2 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Based on the fact two of their key players have signed pre contracts and a few more are due to leave.

Think we've only got another two out of contract, Lawless and Lee Miller and Miller has barely played, love him but gutted that he's basically finally done. Done enough to get us up and will be a hero for many but those two are replaceable. The rest we'll get cash for. We pretty much need to sign one or two CBs and a striker. 

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think we've only got another two out of contract, Lawless and Lee Miller and Miller has barely played, love him but gutted that he's basically finally done. Done enough to get us up and will be a hero for many but those two are replaceable. The rest we'll get cash for. We pretty much need to sign one or two CBs and a striker. 

So possibly the 3 positions most likely to have a huge impact on your success next season? 

Not hard to believe that Livingston would be looking at McKenna. Not sure they will see him as someone who is ready to go in their team yet though. Being that he clearly isnt.

Noticeable at the Alloa game that he loses concentration sometimes. Not reacting to passes coming his way etc like he isnt watching or he is daydreaming.

He is young and clearly has big potential. Would live another season out of him but hes not ready to go up a league yet.

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You've already signed Lyndon Dykes in January for next season.  Yep,  you'll definitely need to sign a striker who can actually score. 

One thing I would say is, although I'll renew again no matter what league we're in, I don't think I can take another season of absolute dross like the last two and to that end I'm worried about McKinnon. 

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can we please get this Livingston chat away to f**k.

Loathsome wee club.

Aye and we certainly detest the inane drivel that eminates from Grangemouth on many occasions to numerous to mention.Fk off YB. 

So I assume the drop in ticket prices applies to Morton fans too? And they will be in the Borth Stand?

Unbelievably stupid move to facilitate a bigger away crowd in the North stand.

13 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

One thing I would say is, although I'll renew again no matter what league we're in, I don't think I can take another season of absolute dross like the last two and to that end I'm worried about McKinnon. 

We'll need to wait and see who he brings in up front in the summer, but a midfield containing both Tidser and McShane is a good start for better football.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So I assume the drop in ticket prices applies to Morton fans too? And they will be in the Borth Stand?

Unbelievably stupid move to facilitate a bigger away crowd in the North stand.

Aren’t there some dodgy league rules about pricing for home and away fans so similar view must have the same pricing? Hence if we drop south stand prices we need to reciprocate north stand?