The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If Margaret Lang had an ounce of decency in her body then she would sack every single employee of Falkirk Football Club at 9am next Monday morning before stepping down and allowing someone else to rebuild the club.

But she doesn’t, so this will not happen.

Why should the groundstaff, admin clerks, retail folk,  physio, safety guy &  kitman  be sacked? Alex Totten too?

I know you're joking, or at least I hope you are, but these are the folk who could be facing pay cuts and redundancies through no fault of their own.  It happened ten years ago when we got relegated from the SPL and I suspect it could happen again. Not much fun for the folk involved. :(

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Why should the groundstaff, admin clerks, retail folk,  physio, safety guy &  kitman  be sacked? Alex Totten too?

I know you're joking, or at least I hope you are, but these are the folk who could be facing pay cuts and redundancies through no fault of their own.  It happened ten years ago when we got relegated from the SPL and I suspect it could happen again. Not much fun for the folk involved. :(

It’s sad how far the club has fallen but they have had good cup runs and playoffs in this division it’s been decent. Past few seasons has been garbage. I suspect the club shop won’t be open much other than Xmas and I can see both stands being closed next season.

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
31 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:
As much shit that can fairly be slung her way that's not really the case. She represented two employees in a tribunal. She didn't attack anyone.

That's not his dads version of events.

His dad’s a bigot though and whilst what on with Dene was out of order I wouldn’t give his dad’s opinion an ounce of credibility.

David Hopkin would certainly be a good appointment and Goodwin would also be an improvement on McKinnon.  

I wonder how awkward Alloa would be to deal with regarding compensation though.  Hopkins would not need that issue with being unemployed, however I would be surprised if other clubs where not attracted to him if they needed a change of manager which could be a complication.

Just now, bud1876 said:

Be as well giving this a go.
You would think between them we could get a half decent team together.

Hopkin and Goodwin would know plenty of decent league one players who can get the job done and possibly go onto atleast find promotion via the playoffs in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

David Hopkin would certainly be a good appointment and Goodwin would also be an improvement on McKinnon.  

I wonder how awkward Alloa would be to deal with regarding compensation though.  Hopkins would not need that issue with being unemployed, however I would be surprised if other clubs where not attracted to him if they needed a change of manager which could be a complication.

I think Goodwin would jump at the chance of a full time club. Surely we would pay him 5x more money? He could take Falkirk far and move on like Jack Ross 

12 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Nah it would show ambition to try and get Goodwin or Hopkin 

Sorry m9. As much as I want success for Dunkirk next weekend, we get first dibs to f**k up managerial careers. They are both uninspiring to me so no doubt we will end up with at least one of them.

41 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

So who should replace him?

Goodwin

Hopkin

Yogi

Danny Lennon

Jim Duffy

Lewis who has taken his meandering guff for many weeks, and prior to that, had to remain pleasant to Hartley who treated him like shit on his shoe. Give Lewis the job of picking the team, and Stevie the barber the job of pre-match team talk. Burgoyne and Rudden can be excused the team talk. It’s just the other starting nine that need telt.

As stupid as this may sound, a relegation battle can give you the same excitement, nerves and enjoyment that a promotion push can. All you need is effort and for fans and players to push together, instead we’ve been served up one powderpuff performance after another. It would be so easy for someone to stick out in this side and yet there’s only two/three guys that have done so. I just can’t get that into my head, probably the most disappointing thing about all of this for me..

Edited by Gollum

You’re as deluded as McKinnon if you think Hopkin or Goodwin would join us. We’re a poisoned chalice.
All fun and game joking about how “oh well next year will be a laugh” but there’s a real possibility we’ll go down the pisser. For what it’s worth, I reckon a immediate return to the championship will depend on whether Rotherham cash in on Vaulks, if they don’t we’re fucked.

McKinnon is an imposter by the way. I’ve tried to defend him as much as possible but he lost me today. No way back for him now.
There’s plenty of blame to go around but he has to take a sizable chunk of that on himself. His post match comments today are a joke. I’d punt him before Saturday.

I agree but we are then in the territory of Lang and Campbell picking the next manager to warm the seat. Do we really trust them.

I watched on FFCTV yesterday and the guys filmed the Board and Major Shareholder leaving their seats. They looked absolutely broken and shocked by the abuse they got all day. No way should they be making any strategic calls for the club now. No one can trust them to do anything right.