The Falkirk FC Thread

Ignore the doubters Brother Cliff, for they are but Lilliputians to LM's Gulliver. This Colossus of roads, gleaming oiled thighs astride our magnificent stadium ... I'm seeing a fourth stand Brother Cliff ... a magnificent erection indeed, all due to the munificence of Lex "The Custard" Miller. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Ok, my only point here is, given the fine, were we under ANY obligation to pay Morton any compensation?
If not why are we paying the bleating lambs any cash at all? f**k them, as Bairnardo rightly said.
If on the other hand we have come to an agreement that allows us to pay the 40K directly to Morton meaning they get compensated, rather than a SPFL trust fund, that sounds much more of a mutually agreeable situation....

Only time wouldve told if we were under obligation to pay Morton compo, given we have a lawyer on board it suggests it would either cost us legal costs to fight in which we may win or lose and still cost us compared to what we have settled on. 

Who does transferring the 40k fine seem mutually agreeable for ?

The 40/60k fine is a completely different case to the Morton one, we have been fined for that and it doesnt tie in with the Morton case as it was for breaking league rules. The only thing that may come of said appeal is a reduction of the fine, but given we seem to have paid Morton now, we don't have a leg to stand on. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Only time wouldve told if we were under obligation to pay Morton compo, given we have a lawyer on board it suggests it would either cost us legal costs to fight in which we may win or lose and still cost us compared to what we have settled on. 

Who does transferring the 40k fine seem mutually agreeable for ?

The 40/60k fine is a completely different case to the Morton one, we have been fined for that and it doesnt tie in with the Morton case as it was for breaking league rules. The only thing that may come of said appeal is a reduction of the fine, but given we seem to have paid Morton now, we don't have a leg to stand on. 

That Little Mix money sure is going a long way. 

Great stewardship again , I wonder what's next.  

7 hours ago, Cliffbacon said:

LM has been full on at the club for 17 years at the club , through thick and thin  , plenty highlights in that time and you come out with this drivel !   Im starting a LM for chairman  club at the next home game . Any one interested in joining ,  I will be at the front doors from 2pm for the big mans arrival .  I can arrange autographs etc. I know he has put FFC first every time for those 17 years  which NONE of you clowns can say .   He has played the game at a decent level and has been a success everywhere he has been. I think its time ML moved aside and let the big man take over  to take us to the next level .  If you have nothing positive to say please save your horse manure for another thread .  COYB

Cliff .

tenor-3.gif

LM has been full on at the club for 17 years at the club , through thick and thin  , plenty highlights in that time and you come out with this drivel !   Im starting a LM for chairman  club at the next home game . Any one interested in joining ,  I will be at the front doors from 2pm for the big mans arrival .  I can arrange autographs etc. I know he has put FFC first every time for those 17 years  which NONE of you clowns can say .   He has played the game at a decent level and has been a success everywhere he has been. I think its time ML moved aside and let the big man take over  to take us to the next level .  If you have nothing positive to say please save your horse manure for another thread .  COYB
Cliff .

I don’t get people who type spaces in between the last word and full stops.

Cliff .

Who are you commissioning for the Hartley Statue?

Wow  a new level of stupidness  , take a bow !   LM has been involved in football for 40 odd years from grass roots right up through every position possible . Its his time to shine as  Chairman . He is the only one on the BOD that knows football inside out . Surely we all agree on that ? 
Plus ive heard he has just sold some of his property empire for £4.75 million.  Its all set up for LM .  You heard it here first .
Cliff

Calm down Lex, in danger of overselling yourself here.

So going by Mortons statement we've decided to bin our appeal then.  Cant quite see what we are getting out of this whole thing.  No reason why we should be paying morton any compo if as has been said there is no details of this written into McKinnons contract. There's obviously some sort of deal been arranged that suits both parties but I presume we will never know the details in case someone ends up with a riddie.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So going by Mortons statement we've decided to bin our appeal then.  Cant quite see what we are getting out of this whole thing.  No reason why we should be paying morton any compo if as has been said there is no details of this written into McKinnons contract. There's obviously some sort of deal been arranged that suits both parties but I presume we will never know the details in case someone ends up with a riddie.

Yep, reading this article from 6th February just makes their latest action all the more bizarre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47148119

If they had a shred of decency or regard for their "customers" they'd be explaining  why they have dropped the appeal (probably hoping we'll just forget all about their previous statement), why they have come to some sort of agreement with Morton when they were due the square route of sod all and exactly how much this whole debacle has cost us. But they won't, because they despise transparency. Bent over once again. Truly shameless. 

Wow  a new level of stupidness  , take a bow !   LM has been involved in football for 40 odd years from grass roots right up through every position possible . Its his time to shine as  Chairman . He is the only one on the BOD that knows football inside out . Surely we all agree on that ? 
Plus ive heard he has just sold some of his property empire for £4.75 million.  Its all set up for LM .  You heard it here first .
Cliff
Cliff bacon is actually a great nickname for Lex.

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
21 hours ago, Rugster said:
3 years ago today we came back from 2-0 down to beat The Rangers 3-2.
f**k the Rangers.

3 years.... Fucking hell. One of my favourite nights as a Bairn.

was on holiday, fell ill and went to bed when we were 2 nil down and getting numerous texts from rangers mates....woke up middle of night checked final score, spent next half hour in loo texting back...waking the buggers up, lol.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I might be missing something here but neither statement mentions paying compensation?