The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Safe to say none of us really have a clue where this goes from here. I'd be surprised if we ended up with any money.

I'm pleased we've come out of this well though. Would've liked a bit of cash, but that statement is pretty damning of FFC and McKinnon & Co. 

Your chairman still comes out of it as a right twat.  Signing guys up on contracts with no compensation or notice periods detailed. 

Your chairman still comes out of it as a right twat.  Signing guys up on contracts with no compensation or notice periods detailed. 

your chair really shines brightly in all this : isn’t she some sort of self appointed legal genius ?
Not sure this episode will feature large on her
CV.
Also bairns fans rejoicing at a 60k spend for no return beyond relegation must sum their level
of stupidity.

21 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

Civil suits are based on the Balance of Probability actually. So Morton have precedent now that Falkirk are guilty and, therefore, any compensation would be sought on the basis that Falkirk - and by extension Ray etc. - are guilty. 

Sorry, but you are wrong. Did you understand that there was no provision for compensation within their contracts? So on what basis would you chase a civil case? There is none.

8 minutes ago, Ardpeaton said:

your chair really shines brightly in all this : isn’t she some sort of self appointed legal genius ?
CV.
Also bairns fans rejoicing at a 60k spend for no return beyond relegation must sum their level
of stupidity.

As mentioned the fact she is a serving lawyer barred her from taking the case on she was only allowed to give testmony as a witness, falkirk had to seek a 3rd party as lawyer for it.

Well this is tedious already.

Lang and Campbell out brigade have got a cheap result here.

Margaret, Craig... Kindly fork out the 40k and f**k off.

Yours,

K. Warrior esq

No you’re right, they’ve done nothing wrong at all and having read the SPFL statement, can see why we are appealing. Our handling of this was impeccable.....

10 minutes ago, Ardpeaton said:

CV.
of stupidity.

40k the other 20k is suspended till 2021 which means in all probability the fact its suspended wont need  or require to be paid.

The point scoring on both sides is tedious now.

It is clear to me due to naivety we have been caught doing what every club does. We are just not street wise or well enough connected to make sure we didn’t get caught.

This is not our first complete shambles in the last 18 months. Manager number 3, complete clearout number 3, making a Horlicks of announcing our withdrawal from the FVFA, wrongly accusing fans of racial abuse, re-electing Chairman Brexit, running rough shod over shareholders at the AGM and possible relegation to name a few.

If the money is pledged to the new share issue and as fans we don’t force a complete clearout of the Board then we need our heads checking.

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Unless Morton have anything that we want before then.

In all honesty i think as punishment to us Morton should take Fasan its only fair that would make up for the loss of RM and DT and would surely teach us never to do it again ....

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In all honesty i think as punishment to us Morton should take Fasan its only fair that would make up for the loss of RM and DT and would surely teach us never to do it again ....

at this point I'm assuming we're stuck with Fasan until the end of his contract.... thankfully its the summer.  Can only assume he wouldn't accept a pay off to try to go play somewhere else.

No you’re right, they’ve done nothing wrong at all and having read the SPFL statement, can see why we are appealing. Our handling of this was impeccable.....
Just to clarify, I consider it a result in that I felt it could have cost us more to hold they twos feet to the fire. I was worried about points and transfer bans, and I genuinely think they two should pay the fine before committing Hari Kari.

(K. Warrior esq is an alias of Bairnardo)

LANG OUT

CAMPBELL OUT

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Which one of you sad b*****ds did this then? Setting up a new account specifically for this is incredibly shameful. Picked a good shot of McKinnon though I'll give you that.

Fair play, it was a really good effort. Waste of time, but a good effort.

4 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Which one of you sad b*****ds did this then? Setting up a new account specifically for this is incredibly shameful. Picked a good shot of McKinnon though I'll give you that.

A can't even lie, ma arsehole took a breath when that popped up on ma page