The Falkirk FC Thread

Hippo returns and performs a spectacular dive in the box to win us a last-minute penalty against Dunfermline on the 13th April which Rudden slots neatly into the corner, leaving our Fife friends stranded in either 10th or 9th with not enough games left to haul themselves to safety. 

I'm away upstairs for a "lie down".

hippo.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

9 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

The negativity on here is unbelievable, we had a team of world beaters in the summer until we seen them, now anyone with eyes can see how we've improved but we're going down, not strong enough etc. Why are so many running down Laverty? Looked ok while on the park Saturday. Ok, Sammut etc didn't make the step up from english under 23s but are we forgetting where Robson, Nelson and the Jak were playing? 

Would rather play Petra or Laverty than hippo, with 14 games left we'd get 1 good game out of him if we were lucky!

Petravicius is absolutely average at best and I'll be disappointed if he's anything more than an impact sub.

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can they not just send you out to Iran to take his photie there? :osama:

I nearly got a trip to Stamford Bridge last year. Sammut initially wasn't available to come to Scotland on the date we wanted to announce him, so I offered to take a trip to London. It wouldn't have cost anything as I have free train travel in the UK, courtesy or 25 years as a railwayman.

The chance to photograph a Chelsea player, at their home ground, wearing an FFC top and holding up a Falkirk scarf would have made for a cracking picture.

Sadly it didn't come to anything.

As for Lee Erwin, I wouldn't hold your breath. I know the player we're hoping to land as a striker and it's not him. His  name hasn't appeared anywhere online so if it does happen it'll be a surprise to everyone.

I nearly got a trip to Stamford Bridge last year. Sammut initially wasn't available to come to Scotland on the date we wanted to announce him, so I offered to take a trip to London. It wouldn't have cost anything as I have free train travel in the UK, courtesy or 25 years as a railwayman.
The chance to photograph a Chelsea player, at their home ground, wearing an FFC top and holding up a Falkirk scarf would have made for a cracking picture.
As for Lee Erwin, I wouldn't hold your breath. I know the player we're hoping to land as a striker and it's not him. His  name hasn't appeared anywhere online so if it does happen it'll be a surprise to everyone.
Ur such a tease x

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just hope to f**k we do get whoever it is, doesn’t appear to be time for a plan b. 

Well, he clearly forgot where he left them, as he's done nothing with them since.

Was it not just October last year when Dunfermline brought him on at TFS for the last 5 mins and he nearly scored with a 20 yarder, then scored in the last minute and didn’t celebrate?
He did more in an attacking sense in those 5 minutes than our entire team did in the whole 90 minutes.
I think some of our support have lost any sense of perspective.....

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

‘In our history’ that would also include his first time with us. Melon.

First time you called me a plum, second time a melon.  You hungry FalkirkLad?    Yes, the last season Rory was with us he was completely ineffective.  You could choose to look back several years when he was better but still, can you think of a striker in your lifetime that performed worse than his last season with us?  I am 56 and I've seen some poor Falkirk strikers over the years, for me Loy and Haber take the biscuit.  But that's just my opinion, no need to be abusive if you think differently.  Have a cup of tea, chill out.

Mickey Johnston from Celtic?

Do elaborate, will that be a pleasant surprise or a jeezo surely fecking no surprise [emoji16]

If this happens does it mean that the much maligned Edibairn is right again? [emoji16]

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do elaborate, will that be a pleasant surprise or a jeezo surely fecking no surprise emoji16.png

So a resurgent Armand One would be in the “surely fecking no” category?

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

On the scale of John Stewart to Simon Stainrod  what are we talking about in levels of strikers here ?

I am dreading someone else’s “one for the future”.