• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see that Donut Dallison is playing for Crawley tonight

Booked 30 mins in.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

You must be at it?

It depends what you want from a Full Back, firstly you want one that can tackle and read the game, one tick Tom Tiawo.  Anyone that’s watched the game could see more of a hard tackling Full Back in Tiawo than Kidd. 

It depends what you want from a Full Back, firstly you want one that can tackle and read the game, one tick Tom Tiawo.  Anyone that’s watched the game could see more of a hard tackling Full Back in Tiawo than Kidd. 

Sure he played there a couple of times and was shite

Sure he played there a couple of times and was shite
Blair Alston playing there whilst Taiwo played RM at Starks in the 2-2 game tells you all you need to know. My love for the wee gremlin is well documented, but he was shite at RM and his tackling game was rendered totally ineffective. Imagine how that would have played at RB...

He used to be brutal for going out to meet a winger and being totally squared up to them so it was a piece of pish for them to go inside and go past him. Everything about his game was built for the middle of the park.

My first thought wasn’t heavily reduced entry to be honest but along the lines of promoting existing schemes. We currently let 1 primary school per game get 50 group tickets & free bus travel.

Open this up to EVERY primary school aged child for non category A games (not the free travel) and we could get us a few hundred extra on the gate.

Likewise, the community teams get 1 game per season too, open the north stand up & let them in.

We already get Brilliant crowds of around 4,000 Home fans but could easily get another 1,000 by expanding those 2 avenues.

Re partially reduced entry, I’d have no issues if they did a deal for 2 games say at £30. Fiver off each game & still slightly more being paid versus our ST per match (£13.88 for a South stand adult).

Someone from FFC must have read my post....

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/01/15/join-the-rayvolution-free-ticket-giveaway/

4 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Played left back ..

I put Mansfield on my coupon purely because he was playing. Astonishingly the goal didn't come down his side 

Betting against Crawley could be a rich seam to mine until they get wise to him

Andrew Nelson. Any good? Apparently we are after him.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bang average at best. Can't see him being good enough for the premiership.

Steven Pressley's got the Carlisle job. Must have been that MASSIVE job in England he was holding out for. 

Not a good striker at all, very very POOR at this level. Wouldn’t suit Dundee in the top flight either. Reminds me of a smaller Marcus Haber. You’re probably more likely to stay up if you were to take on our young prospect Kevin Ohara on a short term deal. We’d all be GUTTED to see him leave. I wouldn’t recommend Nelson. Stay away is what I say.

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not a good striker at all, very very POOR at this level. Wouldn’t suit Dundee in the top flight either. Reminds me of a smaller Marcus Haber. You’re probably more likely to stay up if you were to take on our young prospect Kevin Ohara on a short term deal. We’d all be GUTTED to see him leave. I wouldn’t recommend Nelson. Stay away is what I say.

You're just joking aren't you?

Agreed.

He is surprisingly down to earth though.....

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He’s shite, don’t sign him.

Edibairn obviously got done the dirty from a burd from Sunderland and has been raging ever since. Surely the only explanation for him despising Robson and Nelson as much as he does. 

Hi! I recorded a podcast with one-time Falkirk star David Weatherston and I think you will all enjoy it.

This is the fourth installment of a five-part podcast and sees him talking about his two years with the Bairns. I can't recommend this enough - some brilliant stories, funny throughout and great insight into his time there.

CLICK