The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Calm down, Ranald.

I was suggesting that the new boy was.

Wonder which bellend we've collected now?

He was a former poster on One F and used to be known as Phil09 until he got admin to change his user name because of the amount of abuse he was attracting.  At that time he was probably the worst poster on the site by a long, long margin. Had admitted he didn't go to Falkirk games ("not going back until Pressley leaves") and appeared to have zero knowledge of football outwith teams on TV. The amount of absolute drivel he posted used to drive me crazy and we crossed swords on a number of occasions.

6871 - sorry if that sounds mean, but you'll get a better reception on here if people realise that you're not a recently-departed poster come back with a new username. At least then you'll be judged on what you say in future rather than what someone else said in the past.

Am I correct in assuming you ARE the poster of the same name from One F?

We still need another central midfielder if McKinnon still thinks Paton is a decent option off the bench. His rehabilitation with our fanbase baffles me - he is absolutely gash, he just waddles around looking angry and kicks it the direction he's facing.

Wait a minute. We still have Edi’s top flight striker (who is going to split the support) to come in, so no need to panic.

The defensive organisation needs to be sorted out pdq. We were back to slashing the ball away anywhere, and of course, nine times out of ten it went straight to an ICT midfielder, and came straight back at us. I think the lack of understanding amongst the players was the single biggest issue today. It felt very much like ICT were a team, and we were eleven individuals.  

So now we go into February without a home win. Let’s be honest here. A team surely cannot go an entire season without winning at home and expect to stay up.

Frankly, I don’t care how good Dobbie and QotS are. McKinnon needs to put a team on the park next week that doesn’t give away goals in the manner we did today, and is biased towards winning the game, not scrapping for the crumb of one point.

Watched game on FTV from holiday venue.

Must say commentary is good but camera work is poor. Always behind the game but as it’s volunteers, I can live with that.

First half our midfield was terrible with Osman and McLean totally ineffective. Second half was better but why Osman stayed on beats me. DKD made a big improvement along with Paton.

Looking forward to next week.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wait a minute. We still have Edi’s top flight striker (who is going to split the support) to come in, so no need to panic.

I thought it was a big  name not top flight striker?

Probably was Goodwillie that he was guessing at.

Anyway, God help us if Rudden gets injured.

Don’t know if organisation and understanding can be done quickly enough. It’s a big worry. I think our starting eleven was a match for what they had (and in Burgoyne, Dixon, McKenna and Rudden, better than what they had), but 90% of their success came through McGhee’s channel. That side of our defence is very ropey.

We need to be braver up front though. Lavery and DKD have to be given the opportunity to be much more than bit part players.

The defensive organisation needs to be sorted out pdq. We were back to slashing the ball away anywhere, and of course, nine times out of ten it went straight to an ICT midfielder, and came straight back at us. I think the lack of understanding amongst the players was the single biggest issue today. It felt very much like ICT were a team, and we were eleven individuals.  
So now we go into February without a home win. Let’s be honest here. A team surely cannot go an entire season without winning at home and expect to stay up.
Frankly, I don’t care how good Dobbie and QotS are. McKinnon needs to put a team on the park next week that doesn’t give away goals in the manner we did today, and is biased towards winning the game, not scrapping for the crumb of one point.

My big fear is that we have not found the box positions for our defense at set pieces. That is Dobbies big skill in exploiting this. This needs to be the work this week and bringing big Showmuni back as a target man. A young BSLM should be on the shopping list

On 1/26/2019 at 03:10, Bainsfordbairn said:

*takes deep breath*

Tom Dallison

Patrick Brough

Dennon Lewis

Leo Fasan

Scott Harrison

Tom Owen-Evans

Ruben Sammut

Deimantas Petravicius

Dimitris Froxylias

Brett Young

Paul Paton

Dan Turner

Dylan Mackin

Rees Greenwood

Marcus Haber

Andrew Irving

Mark Russell

Zak Rudden

Prince Buaben

Mustapha Dumbuya

Paul Dixon

Abdul Osman

Ross MacLean

Ian McShane

Mark Waddington

Shayne Lavery

Ciaran McKenna

Davis Keillor-Dunn

Harry Burgoyne

To be fair that's still a smaller list than the Players EdiBairn Stated Falkirk Are Definately Signing/Looking At In January list  

yet again I can't see past dobbie scoring next week. he's a very clever striker. I'd be happy with Dixon man marking him but dobbie tends to roam to exploit weaknesses. he'll target McKenna next week, hope the young lad has the game of his life. McKenna looks a prospect but still understandably a bit green given his age

Still time, but I'm underwhelmed by this transfer window. We're still several players short to stay up I think..
Bearing in mind you're doing quite well if 2 of every 3 signings are decent. 
I think we need another 4 or 5 in. Urgently. 
Which five do you drop from yesterdays team? I would drop Maclean but only because I want DKD in, so no signing there. I would drop McGhee if he isnt first choice CH so naturally would like to see a right back come in. I would drop Petra for a out and out striker to support Rudden, which we arguably have in Lavery but as also has been discussed I would like to see a target man type so thats a signing we need.

We are probably 3 at most away from having as much as anyone can realistically have been hoping for. I think we will maybe get two though.

Right back and striker being the two I would pick.