The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

At this point in the window I am pretty surprised by this. Wanted it to happen.... Didnt think it would. Surely must mean signing inbound.

He hadn't played at rightback since October. We brought in two new centre halfs to replace him and he was immediately dropped to the bench, where I suspect he would have remained until his contract ran out.

That can't be easy to take when you've been club captain.

This might be one of those occasions where the player initiates the move rather than the club, particularly if he can get a longer deal elsewhere.  In which case a signing won't necessarily follow.

(Not ITK - just speculation on my part)

Though given that we let Dumbuya go it's still possible we're looking for a rightback.

All the best Aero. You might not have been the most technically-gifted CH we ever had, but your passion and your penalties mean you won't be forgotten in a hurry.

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Always thought Muirhead was a decent CB. He was when he was at Thistle anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Ayr. In fact would take him at Cappielow

Muirhead was great for us in 12/13. He was my pick out of all the young players we had at that time to progress and make a really good career for himself, but sadly when we went up he spent a while out with injury and then came back and just couldn’t hack it in the top flight.

Really did not expect his career path to end up as it has, but I guess injuries and then often playing in the wrong position will do that.

Edited by Nightmare

48 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Surprised, but might well allow him to take up an offer from either Ayr or QotS.

My season ticket getting ripped up if he joins QoS.  I'd be very surprised if he did join us as it is widely accepted in these parts that he and his family do not hold his hometown  Club in high regard. Never say never though.  On the football side of things,  I doubt if we are looking for another defender/midfielder at the moment,  especially one on a high wage. Naysmith and the players seem to have a tight,  happy dressing room with no disruptive influences, hence Harkins being allowed to leave,   so introducing another ALLEGED prima-donna would be odd.  Also if he's not good enough for a struggling Falkirk should we be considering him at all. Back to the bricklaying squad Aero. 

We scored from that same freekick didn't we? Muirhead scoring it. Whit a boi. Gone but never forgotten, Aero x
He also scored an own goal about 10 minutes later. His entire career summed over 15 minutes in one game. Agree with with punching mural in the pub, just got a laugh.

He hadn't played at rightback since October. We brought in two new centre halfs to replace him and he was immediately dropped to the bench, where I suspect he would have remained until his contract ran out.
That can't be easy to take when you've been club captain.
This might be one of those occasions where the player initiates the move rather than the club, particularly if he can get a longer deal elsewhere.  In which case a signing won't necessarily follow.
(Not ITK - just speculation on my part)
Though given that we let Dumbuya go it's still possible we're looking for a rightback.
All the best Aero. You might not have been the most technically-gifted CH we ever had, but your passion and your penalties mean you won't be forgotten in a hurry.

I was more thinking in terms of financial. I have been seething with his performances this season but even then, cover is always neccessary so would we really be doing a favour to a player unless it was to free up a wage?

Christ knows, I just have signing withdrawals...

Well I guess this means we're keeping both Harrison & Brough.

Sorry to see Aero go in some ways although it was apparent he wasn't going to be acceptable in future. He always gave everything he could and never hid. It would be quite funny if he ended up at QOS given the reaction of their fans to him however I'm not a fan of ex players coming back to haunt us.

Wherever he goes I hope he gets a good reception if he ever comes back with a different club.

Who's going to be on the penalties now then?

Surely that has to mean a proper right back coming in, got to say one thing about Aero might not have been his greatest but cant fault him for his commitment to the club in a way sorry to see him go but the same time he was a liability at times.

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I've always been a supporter of aero on here. he had a couple of great seasons for us when the bigger clubs were in the league but seems to have lost his way a bit in the past few months. probably a good move for both player and club I wish him well

Well I wish him away to Dunfermline. How he survived Hartleys clearout last year is beyond me. 

Im not saying he didn’t try, he was just utter shite.

Well I wish him away to Dunfermline. How he survived Hartleys clearout last year is beyond me. 
Im not saying he didn’t try, he was just utter shite.
I don't think it's a coincidence that his own performances have correlated with the players he was surrounded by. In the last 12 months he's been poor in one of the worst falkirk sides we've ever seen. prior to that he regularly got his game and played well against far better hibs and rangers sides than we are up against now.

I agree he looked like he didn't want to be here last few months but I don't blame him for that. it's just a shame that with sibbs Miller Kerr aero all gone we have no players who have a long term connection to the club.

I won't miss waiting on him getting a red card but I will miss his penalties and effort passion