The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely. Pittman I think, was at Hamilton, and was rated too, but got a bit of a reputation for being trouble, so was let go and ended up in the Juniors where he got his act together. That happens sometimes, but not often.

My old man (who was with Third Lanark when war broke out) always said there were better players in the pub than ever graced the Scottish leagues, and he was probably right. There have been many great players who for any number of reasons, fell out of the game either ending up in the juniors, or amateurs, or just the pub.

Very few fall through from the seniors to the juniors and still have the same appetite and dedication to make it back up again, and even fewer really talented young ones make it to the juniors without being intercepted by the seniors.

So its a wee bit sneaky to be firing Pittmans name about as some gem of a find because he was in the juniors then...

Anyone would think it wasnt as simple as just "scouting the juniors".....

Excellent young right back Jack Mcmillan, has went to Thistle from Livingston. 
 Livingston fan's seem to think he has a good future. 
Meanwhile the FFC scout is somewhere in England hoping for a break. 

Like the following

Simon Stainrod
Richard Cadette
Tony Parks
Andy Gray
Anthony Stokes
Kasper Schmichael
Lyle Taylor
Will Vaulks
Luke Leahy
Tim Krul

Aye let’s scout juniors

Excellent young right back Jack Mcmillan, has went to Thistle from Livingston. 
 Livingston fan's seem to think he has a good future. 
Meanwhile the FFC scout is somewhere in England hoping for a break. 

Excellent?

Bang average I’d give you but fucking excellent?

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Like the following

Simon Stainrod
Richard Cadette
Tony Parks
Andy Gray
Anthony Stokes
Kasper Schmichael
Lyle Taylor
Will Vaulks
Luke Leahy
Tim Krul

Aye let’s scout juniors

Different times and 100% Better scouting system then. 

Ok il rephrase that,
What is all this pish about decent players coming from the juniors , 30 odd year ago and beyond when football; junior , senior and globally was unrecognisable from the game today = juniors are where we will find our future promotion winning side ? In the name ae f**k

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, wullie robb said:
Different times and 100% Better scouting system then. 

Can you put that into context by comparing the FFC scouting systems then and now. Methods, personnell, that sort of thing?

But you know the personnell and methods in 2018/19.

My opinion , the person's in charge of scouting in yesteryear were more knowledgeable, that plus the fact that pro youth Football has put Scottish football back ten years. 

Only an opinion, I am allowed that I presume. 

My opinion , the person's in charge of scouting in yesteryear were more knowledgeable, that plus the fact that pro youth Football has put Scottish football back ten years. 
You arent presenting it as an opinion. You said it was 100% better. I cant quantify that and wondered if you could. Opinions can be formed/changed with information, which I presumed you had.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

You arent presenting it as an opinion. You said it was 100% better. I cant quantify that and wondered if you could. Opinions can be formed/changed with information, which I presumed you had.

Bairnardo it's my opinion that the scouts for FFC were better then. 

Lets just start with the dozen or so at the start of the season, under no circumstances that would have happened.  Again my opinion. 

Bairnardo it's my opinion that the scouts for FFC were better then. 
Lets just start with the dozen or so at the start of the season, under no circumstances that would have happened.  Again my opinion. 
BPM gave successful examples from Stainrod right through to Vaulks and Leahy. Throughout that timespan there will be similar levels of failed shite.

Only this season has there been such a concentration of shite in one go. I dont think there is conclusive proof that any era is/was hugely different

Just now, Bairnardo said:

BPM gave successful examples from Stainrod right through to Vaulks and Leahy. Throughout that timespan there will be similar levels of failed shite.

Only this season has there been such a concentration of shite in one go. I dont think there is conclusive proof that any era is/was hugely different

Bairnardo 

Guys on here can take the piss until blue in the face about scouting the juniors. 

Top clubs have littered the juniors over the last ten year's with Boy's who's hopes are crushed at an early age. 

Move on two year's and some of those Boy's are better than the large clubs have kept. More confident, stronger,and also played against grown men mostly ex seniors that have passed on a great deal of experience to make them better. 

My opinion only. 

Bairnardo 
Guys on here can take the piss until blue in the face about scouting the juniors. 
Top clubs have littered the juniors over the last ten year's with Boy's who's hopes are crushed at an early age. 
Move on two year's and some of those Boy's are better than the large clubs have kept. More confident, stronger,and also played against grown men mostly ex seniors that have passed on a great deal of experience to make them better. 
My opinion only. 
The idea of keeping tabs on the juniors isnt a bad one. Its the idea that its some sort if answer to our problems I disagree with and the sad reality is that its probably resource constraints that prevent us from doing so more than we already do (does anyone know any detail regarding how many Junior games are watched on behalf of Falkirk)

Maybe we do scout them from time to time. Folk need to accept the reality of how high the odds are against it actually bearing fruit.