The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, EdiBairn said:

The guy couldn't get a game for stenny at the bottom of league 1 ffs. When will people give it up?

The same time when you stop spouting sh*te,  the likelihood of either happening is doubtful

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bare minimum youd expect from a pro surely.

Aye, but in reference to what Hope street said, he won tackles, headers etc. He was obviously given clear instructions from the gaffer before coming on and he was effective, he might not be good enough but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get praise when it's due. He could have come on at nil-nil and scored a hattrick and some people still wouldn't give him any credit.

Surprised lavery didnt come on i must admit. Surely a better option.
He did though.

O'Hara did well. Anyone that wants to actively deny that can simply do us all the courtesy of stopping posting.

I am not an O'Hara fan. He did well when he came on. Its that simple.

Know what made the biggest difference of all today, well two things, for me on an admittedly choppy stream....

We were at it for the second ball, and McKenna doesnt let the fucking ball bounce with a glaikit look on his melt if he can avoid it.

Two wee things, fucking massive.

Of course its great to see midfielders looking to attack etc but despite the siege in the second half, there was little panic because defenders were much more incisive in what they were doing.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what made the biggest difference of all today, well two things, for me on an admittedly choppy stream....

We were at it for the second ball, and McKenna doesnt let the fucking ball bounce with a glaikit look on his melt if he can avoid it.

Two wee things, fucking massive.

Of course its great to see midfielders looking to attack etc but despite the siege in the second half, there was little panic because defenders were much more incisive in what they were doing.

Fully agree with this, although the key to any sort of consistency will be whether we can get the ball down in situations like the last 20 minutes today and just keep it between defenders and midfielders. We're in a cycle of hoofing the ball up and not being able to move players back up the field before Ayr are back on the ball to deliver the next ball. If we can play two quick passes and start moving the full backs up to actually control the ball one way or another we'll be fine.

Waddington, Mitchell, McKenna and McShane definite positives for me on the day and I love Rudden's body language, both after the goal but even when he chased the ball out for a corner and gave it something towards the fans. Not a given for someone on loan from a big club, doesn't seem to feel "too big" for us.

Edited by Gollum

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Fully agree with this, although the key to any sort of consistency will be whether we can get the ball down in situations like the last 20 minutes today and just keep it between defenders and midfielders. We're in a cycle of hoofing the ball up and not being able to move players back up the field before Ayr are back on the ball to deliver the next ball. If we can play two quick passes and start moving the full backs up to actually control the ball one way or another we'll be fine.

Waddington, Mitchell, McKenna and McShane definite positives for me on the day and I love Rudden's body language, both after the goal but even when he chased the ball out for a corner and gave it something towards the fans. Not a given for someone on loan from a big club, doesn't seem to feel "too big" for us.

Considering these guys only met a couple of days ago it is promising. They look better than that shitty mob that knew each other for 6 months. A few more training sessions and we should get into a better pattern and not hoof it.

Considering these guys only met a couple of days ago it is promising. They look better than that shitty mob that knew each other for 6 months. A few more training sessions and we should get into a better pattern and not hoof it.
Match fitness will be lacking too which McKinnon can definitely improve.

Missing players for Ayr or not, to beat them on their patch with what was effectively a scratch team was little short of amazing.

Not too much in the way of understanding one another, but hardly a surprise. Everyone did their job (and then some). If O’Hara does well on confidence, then our manager played a blinder today. Make a mistake, and the lad would done and dusted.....but he didn’t. He followed the script he was given to the letter.

My £20 on Ayr to win went down the tubes along with my £5 on a score draw. My £5 on a Falkirk win though at 13/2......thank you muchly. Paid for the FTV.

We didn't play until the last fifteen today and paid the price, yet again unbelievable sitters missed again as has been happening the last few weeks and Falkirk worked there socks off so good luck to them.

if we don't get some fresh faces in we'll free fall down this league as what we've got in reserve isn't good enough

The  boy McShane was classy looking and  looks a find and Dixon at the back with his experience, think Falkirk will go from strength to strength now

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Btw just as a comparison our team for the first game of the season was:

Fasan

Muirhead
Harrison
Dallison
McGhee

Owen-Evans
Paton
Irving

Petravicius
Haber
Lewis

Greenwood and Mackin coming off the bench.

Rancid.

Correct. Rancid horse poo of the highest order.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surprised lavery didnt come on i must admit. Surely a better option.

Bring a player on you know from development games to do a similar job in McLean and know he can or someone you don't know that much about who signed yesterday, really a no brainer.

I'm not singing O'Hara's praises to be xyz but anytime I caught a development game this season, O'Hara done well, so it really is no surprise he came on.

Thought McLean was outstanding. Chased everything and was always willing to support rudden.

McKenna strolled the game albeit one mistake that almost cost us.

Mitchell looked much more composed behind a comfortable defence.

Thought Ray was winding us up bringing on muirhead at the death.

Taking off Rudden at the end suggests that he is heading back the The Rangers.