The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Why are you talking as if it's a choice between Fasan, Mitchell or Mutch? There are hundreds of other keepers out there. We're as well chucking it if Mutch is the best we can get.

We've no money you dickhead. We're too busy paying duds off!

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

We've no money you dickhead. We're too busy paying duds off!

What have we just signed 5 players with then? Buttons? Yet again you're just spouting negative rubbish without any semblance of reality.

17 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Sorry pal, I don't watch Dumbarton. But as for chucking them in our own net I've had a belly full, all season, of our two resident idiots.
I go on what I've seen of the lad & he's streets ahead of that pair.

Based on a post season friendly v St Mirren and nearly every game Mutch has played for us he has a mistake in him, sounds like a plan.

He needs to get the mistakes out his game on loan in game time and not as our No1 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
14 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Twitter says injured but signed?

They have just tweeted about Aiden Laverty. He is one of our youth players who is recovering from injury but nothing about Shayne Lavery yet that I can see.

Aidan injured his cruciate a couple of weeks back, as the "ACL" term in his tweet confirms. He'll be out for a long time. Gutted for him as he's a good lad and I think his contract's up in the summer. Hopefully we look after him in the same way that we did for Cammy Eadie a couple of years back. 

As for the rumoured signing, if he's coming in on loan, as you would assume from a player of an EPL club, then any announcements have to be co-ordinated with them. These often take a while to get agreed or at least they have in the past.

Aidan injured his cruciate a couple of weeks back, as the "ACL" term in his tweet confirms. He'll be out for a long time. Gutted for him as he's a good lad and I think his contract's up in the summer. Hopefully we look after him in the same way that we did for Cammy Eadie a couple of years back. 
As for the rumoured signing, if he's coming in on loan, as you would assume from a player of an EPL club, then any announcements have to be co-ordinated with them. These often take a while to get agreed or at least they have in the past.
That's a shame, hope he recovers well and as you say the club take care of him.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Throwing the ball into his own net on loan at Dumbarton this season and getting dropped kinda suggests he is by far being ready as our No1, Gordon McDougall mk2 if we did

Mutch wasn't dropped for us. You guys recalled him after Fasan was sent-off.  He had a poor game against Arbroath, but he didn't chuck one in. Just had a couple that he should've done better with.

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, I was recording a podcast with one of your former players today and he mentioned Ally Graham who played with the club around 2011/12. Whatever happened to him? There isn't a lot of information on Soccerbase or Wikipedia.

Transfermrkt has him going to Clydebank after a loan at Dumbarton.

I think he may have went abroad at some point.