The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I gave a list 3 weeks ago with the players going, many of whom have already gone with more to follow. I've also been right with the positions coming in.

You can't seriously be trying to take credit for knowing who was leaving? Everyone knew that!

Give us another name for a player coming in. Who's the centre half we are signing?

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

You can't seriously be trying to take credit for knowing who was leaving? Everyone knew that!

Give us another name for a player coming in. Who's the centre half we are signing?

Kyle Benedictus

Player list as it stands:

Goalkeepers (3)

Fasan (1 yr)

Mitchell (1 yr)

Mutch (3 yrs)

Defenders (8)

Robson (1 yr)

McGhee (1 yr)

Muirhead (1 yr)

Dallison (2 yrs)

Harrison (2 yrs)

Kidd (1 yr)

Brough (1 yr)

Dixon (til end of season)

Midfielders (7)

McKee (1 yr)

Paton (2 yrs)

Petravicius (2 yrs)

Waddington (loan til end of season)

McShane (1.5 yrs)

MacLean (1.5 yrs)

Osman (til end of season)

Strikers (2)

OHara (1 yr)

Rudden (loan unconfirmed)

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm guessing McKinnon plans to bring in a keeper? I know Falkirk fans don't rate Fasan but I struggle to see how he's any worse than Mitchell, who looked dreadful on Saturday.

I'd heard Hazard but he's off to Thistle - maybe Danny Rogers again?

Danny Rogers being looked at along with Jamie Stephens.

I'm guessing McKinnon plans to bring in a keeper? I know Falkirk fans don't rate Fasan but I struggle to see how he's any worse than Mitchell, who looked dreadful on Saturday.

Aye David Mitchell is shite but still comfortably better than Fasan. He might be a decent footballer but he’s quite clearly never a goalkeeper. You can’t even give him the usual cliche of being a ‘good shot stopper’ as he’s shite at that too.

Ideally we get both punted this window. Glad we missed out on Hazard though he’s no really any better than Mitchell. Danny Rogers is the absolute boy though best keeper we’ve had since McGovern left and would gladly take him back.

I think a half decent midfield, in fact any midfield, will take a bit of pressure off the back four so perhaps we shouldn't expect much by of movement there - apart from a CH and a goalie obviously. Desperately need creative width (Longridge?) and striker(s) - Rudden and O'Hara would see us relegated.

1 minute ago, Ontovictory said:

I think a half decent midfield, in fact any midfield, will take a bit of pressure off the back four so perhaps we shouldn't expect much by of movement there - apart from a CH and a goalie obviously. Desperately need creative width (Longridge?) and striker(s) - Rudden and O'Hara would see us relegated.

Thankfully we have strikers coming in. If O'Hara is starting for us, we're going down. It's as simple as that.

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

17 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Danny Rogers being looked at along with Jamie Stephens.

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye David Mitchell is shite but still comfortably better than Fasan. He might be a decent footballer but he’s quite clearly never a goalkeeper. You can’t even give him the usual cliche of being a ‘good shot stopper’ as he’s shite at that too.

Ideally we get both punted this window. Glad we missed out on Hazard though he’s no really any better than Mitchell. Danny Rogers is the absolute boy though best keeper we’ve had since McGovern left and would gladly take him back.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Rogers and Mutch would be a decent couple of keepers to have for Falkirk.

I can't tell if I'm glad Dunfermline don't have to go all supermarket sweep  every transfer window or jealous of the activity.

Just what we need, a 4th keeper on the books! That we should never have signed Fasan in the 1st place is neither here nor there. Mutch should've had his chance, alongside others, in this shitehouse side, at some point. Maybe he was another one of these #BillyBigbaws in training though?