The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t have closed the Academy without exploring other avenues of revenue first 

They did explore other avenues of revenue. The only offer on the table wasn't willing to fund a youth team. You can't have an academy without a pathway to the first team.

They did explore other avenues of revenue. The only offer on the table wasn't willing to fund a youth team. You can't have an academy without a pathway to the first team.

No they didn’t explore it before deciding to close. I was personally part of the group who raised enough cash to fund it for three years two days after it was announced so yet again you are wrong.

They had the opportunity to raise the issue at last years AGM and didn’t. That would have stopped the shambles that ensued in the weeks following it.

I assume you haven’t emailed Craig?

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Being a Portonian I would quite happily claim if for Grangemouth but we all have FK3 postcodes and its in the FK2 area.

Do people from Grangemouth call themselves Portonians?

I'm mortally offended and demand and SPFL tribunal look into this as a matter of urgency.

On 20/12/2018 at 16:03, Back Post Misses said:

Again uttering garbage with no understanding of the facts.

This selection of office bearers hasn’t even been finalised however skill set and experience will be essential to anyone wishing to join the board.

Only people with the appropriate skill sets will have to opportunity to be selected would be my understanding.

you do realise we are bottom of the league, the worst full time team in Scotland and owned by a bunch of old men who have no interest in driving the club forward.

If this fails to take off (I don’t think it will) we are going no where and fast.

Why not support the people driving this rather then slaughter a plan from behind your keyboard and see how it develops. It is not finalised yet and things are to be iron out but the theory is sound and the Patron idea has already generated plenty interest.

It would be whoever the shareholders vote onto the Board

21 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Quite frankly I think we're lucky to have the board of directors we currently have in place. We could quite easily have Mike Ashley, Charles Green or Owen Oyston. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that at least we have people in charge with the best interests of the club at heart.

I don't think we could have "quite easily`" have any of that triumvirate. Ashley would be OK.

41 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Probably because there could be no youth team at FFC after the implementation of the new Reserve and Elite Youth leagues. How can you be asked to fund something that doesn't exist?

I notice you ignored my previous questions on the subject. If your opinions are honest then you should be prepared to defend and elaborate on them.  Instead all you seem to do is issue statements and then run away when you're asked to substantiate them. Such as your one about the consortium. You've been asked at least a dozen times if you've spoke to these people and you refuse to answer.

On 20/12/2018 at 18:11, Duncan Freemason said:

Nope. Just a friend with a great deal of experience in this type of subject matter. These things happen when you get on a bit. The uni mate in accountancy at 24 has a bit of a more senior role at 55. The daft twat who you reckon would never be a solicitor in a month of Sundays turns into one of the best, and goes way further in his chosen profession than you ever imagined possible. That’s how career progression tends to work for the lucky few.

?? Lucky few? You mean if you work hard.

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Probably because it was never seen as a realistic option. A meeting about something that might happen, if the MSG agree, the board back it and there's a pig flying over the North stand is hardly an attractive way to spend an evening.

This looks to be a little more concrete.

I suspect it may not get the thousands of ordinary subscribers that the club would like but I wouldn't bet against it being a success. Particularly as there appear to be a number of people with cash who want a say in how the club is run, at least if the various consortiums are an indication.

This is also the perfect time to launch such a scheme.  Given our ongoing position at the bottom of the league, coupled with the popular opinion that the owners don't care about the wishes of the support, and you have a fanbase who're currently more anti-BOD than they've been in years. 

If the fans want change, this is the way to make it happen.

You mean,  "a" way. How about a deep discounted rights issue / open offer as an alternative. This is a scheme without a plan.

You mean,  "a" way. How about a deep discounted rights issue / open offer as an alternative. This is a scheme without a plan.

A scheme without a plan?

I have read the extensive paper Kenny Jamieson has produced. I can tell you there is a plan and it is very detailed

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A scheme without a plan?

I have read the extensive paper Kenny Jamieson has produced. I can tell you there is a plan and it is very detailed

Yes, I read the paper as well, when it went out to Potential Patrons. What's the plan then? How's the money going to be spent? 

Edited by Ontovictory

Yes, I read the paper as well, when it went out to Potential Patrons. What's the plan then? How's the money going to be spent? 

It is a plan for the structure and how the CIC would operate. How the money is spent will be down to Board that is running the club. People who subscribe to the scheme will have the chance to clear people out if they are not happy with the stewardship.

If you compare that to the farce of Wednesday night I think I know what most fans would prefer.