The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Change the name of the club and move to a soulless stadium in a different town to attract new fans?

Half way there to be fair

Mourinho is taking over at Morton in the new year and hopes to double the 1100 fan base

I really am halfway there.....!!

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It didn't decide anything about McKinnon. The panel found the club gulity, not the manager.

When has a manager been held responsible in cases like these, it is always the club.

28 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Falkirk wouldn’t have been found guilty under the second rule If McKinnon hadn’t actually breached a written contract, McKinnon must have known perfectly well when he did business for Falkirk  on transfer deadline day that his resignation had not been accepted and/or he had not worked his period of notice.  Either he needed to have bought out his contract or Falkirk agreed to pay compo.  

A manager doing business for two clubs in the same division on transfer deadline day is hardly a minor offence.

You can be upset about whatever you want but the fact is the panel did not find McKinnon guilty of anything.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

IMG_0513.jpg.a7d89e65c9e68036d2250a9c97810b08.jpg

An utterly tragic effort. 

You're quite right, that sort of ignorance of geography should be rigourously stamped out.

There's even one idiot in our support who regularly contends that Dumfries and Edinburgh are both in the Borders. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You're quite right, that sort of ignorance of geography should be rigourously stamped out.

There's even one idiot in our support who regularly contends that Dumfries and Edinburgh are both in the Borders. Unbelievable.

I can see where that thought comes from recruiting area of the kings own Scottish borderers is Dumfries yet the castle in the cap badge is meant to be Edinburgh castle other than that I see no link, geographically though no link.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

To be fair, the person in question sounds like an irredeemable fuckwit, whoever he or she is. 

Or there is that , it’s probably the same one that keeps saying the TFS is in Grangemouth 

Edited by AL-FFC

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

How come there have been very few at the previous fan ownership meetings then? The interest isn't there.

Hello,

I've actually been a part owner of an SPFL team, I didn't go to the meetings - doesn't mean I wasn't interested just meant I couldn't be there in person.

The charge sheet i've seen on this forum includes "mckinnon gate" to make up the numbers.   
There is very little a fans' party would have done differently. 
Sorry but that's the truth.  Most directors of the club would love a socio-esque membership but we're not Barcelona; we're a middling going concern.
Everyone has their heart in the right place here.  

I wouldn’t have closed the Academy without exploring other avenues of revenue first

I wouldn’t have allowed a National Newspaper to tell the kids we were closing it either.

I wouldn’t have allowed Hartley to sign players he hadn’t seen

I wouldn’t have accused fans of being racist without the Police investigating it first and having some sort of proof

I wouldn’t have nominated an ex-chairman to be re-elected to the Board when he was universally unpopular

I wouldn’t have threatened a fan on social media with the police about a few t-shirts

There are a few that I wouldn’t have done, nor would 99% of Falkirk supporters with half a brain.

You and Edi are clearly the 1%

The fans bit, with respect isn’t the key to this the Patron bit is. I expect the pledges from them will raise most if not all the cash anyway.

When the fans see that commitment more will get involved. Do I think we will get 1000? Probably not but north of 500 I believe will happen when they see some hope for the future that they can help shape.

The club is currently dying by 1000 cuts and if the penny hasn’t dropped with some then they are as head in the sand as those running the place.

I wouldn’t have closed the Academy without exploring other avenues of revenue first

I wouldn’t have allowed a National Newspaper to tell the kids we were closing it either.

I wouldn’t have allowed Hartley to sign players he hadn’t seen

I wouldn’t have accused fans of being racist without the Police investigating it first and having some sort of proof

I wouldn’t have nominated an ex-chairman to be re-elected to the Board when he was universally unpopular

I wouldn’t have threatened a fan on social media with the police about a few t-shirts

There are a few that I wouldn’t have done, nor would 99% of Falkirk supporters with half a brain.

You and Edi are clearly the 1%
But you would.... hilariously tap up diddy teams managers..... right?

I cant live in a world where that sort of thing doesnt happen.