The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Change the name of the club and move to a soulless stadium in a different town to attract new fans?

Half way there to be fair

Irony alert... This continual Grangemouth FC "banter" is pretty rich coming from Morton fans, considering Cappielow isn't  in Greenock. We'll just reciprocate, and start calling your gang Cartsdyke FC, ok?

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

So if this is a major quality you value in someone running the club , how then do you dismiss the supporters so brutally  ("couldn't run a piss up in a brewery")  for wanting  a say in the running  of the club?

No one has the best interests of the cub at heart more than the supporters, and guess what - some of them are quite smart.  

Of course we have many able supporters who'd be able to contribute to any fan ownership scheme. However, like any club we also have our fair share of zoomer a who should be allowed absolutely nowhere near the running of a multi million pound business. Fortunately they won't be as this scheme will go nowhere. Absolutely no chance of more than 100 or so supporters paying £10 a month.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Irony alert... This continual Grangemouth FC "banter" is pretty rich coming from Morton fans, considering Cappielow isn't  in Greenock. We'll just reciprocate, and start calling your gang Cartsdyke FC, ok?

Cartsdyke (ScotsCairstdykeScottish GaelicGàradh Cairte),[1] formerly known as Crawfurdsdyke, is a suburb of the town of GreenockScotland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartsdyke

Next :) 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Should we just do a Livi then?

If you honestly believe there are no other options...

Boardroom issues are like populist politics, no one cares until things go to shit then we start questioning every aspect of our being. I don't care much for the current mob but I also don't think they're particularly damaging. Our current issues are more to do with poor decision making at a First Team Coach level (consecutive coaches) and a lack of available talent within our price range (in case anyone hasn't noticed, the rest of the league is also fucking dire. Except Ayr, good for them).

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Cartsdyke (ScotsCairstdykeScottish GaelicGàradh Cairte),[1] formerly known as Crawfurdsdyke, is a suburb of the town of GreenockScotland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartsdyke

Next :) 

But technically aren't you in the west end of the Port?

Of course we have many able supporters who'd be able to contribute to any fan ownership scheme. However, like any club we also have our fair share of zoomer a who should be allowed absolutely nowhere near the running of a multi million pound business. Fortunately they won't be as this scheme will go nowhere. Absolutely no chance of more than 100 or so supporters paying £10 a month.

Multi million business! It doesn’t even turnover £3m. [emoji23]

As BfL already has 150 members I would think as usual you are talking shite.

The consortium that tried to help a few weeks ago are onside so that money is there.

Admit it you know nothing.

PS have you emailed Craig yet ?

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

IMG_0513.jpg.a7d89e65c9e68036d2250a9c97810b08.jpg

An utterly tragic effort. 

Your last sentence is just pure nonsense. Of the 12 of our group who go to matches, 2 - inc myself - contribute to B4L already (who have circa 150 fans paying per month) & the rest wouldn’t as they said they would only pay monthly if it were to towards ownership. I’ve heard many similar stories from fans.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

If you honestly believe there are no other options...

Boardroom issues are like populist politics, no one cares until things go to shit then we start questioning every aspect of our being. I don't care much for the current mob but I also don't think they're particularly damaging. Our current issues are more to do with poor decision making at a First Team Coach level (consecutive coaches) and a lack of available talent within our price range (in case anyone hasn't noticed, the rest of the league is also fucking dire. Except Ayr, good for them).

I think those in charge are genuinely trying their level best but otherwise post of the week here.  I know folk need things to talk about on a forum but sometimes football problems are on the park.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Overachieve by getting the absolute maximum out of players and consistently beat and out perform teams whilst only having a fraction of their budget?

I’d quite like that tbh.

I was more aiming at the fist and second Livi efforts of overspending cash to put a decent side on the park and then just about going down the tubes twice? Kind of thing that could happen if all you were interested in was a decent side on the park no matter who the owners were.

Edited by Shodwall cat

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'd pay a tenner a month. Hell, I pay more than that for stuff I don't even use. 

what's your and Marshmallow's number then?  let's work through it.  

All for good work but let's be realistic.

You already pay tens of pounds a month on the club probably.  Some fans think that's enough.  So what amount of the rest would pay more.  A proportion but not an ownership proportion.  Happy to be proved otherwise.

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Your last sentence is just pure nonsense. Of the 12 of our group who go to matches, 2 - inc myself - contribute to B4L already (who have circa 150 fans paying per month) & the rest wouldn’t as they said they would only pay monthly if it were to towards ownership. I’ve heard many similar stories from fans.

How come there have been very few at the previous fan ownership meetings then? The interest isn't there.