The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm all in favour of anyone that wants to try and make improvements and investment.  Clearly investment demands a voice also.

That said I think our problems are largely on the park than off it.  Martin Ritchie and other board members get some flack but the club is in a much better position than when he took over.  Attendances are incredible and funds were made available to a manager nearly everyone thought was a good choice.  They will give funds for changes in Jan and have a brought a decent manager in.  Yes some if the comms on racism allegations could have been  better but largely I think the board do a decent job.  I would be loath to change the whole model.  Probably an unpopular opinion!

It's players we need more than talking shops round a table.

I'm all in favour of anyone that wants to try and make improvements and investment.  Clearly investment demands a voice also.

That said I think our problems are largely on the park than off it.  Martin Ritchie and other board members get some flack but the club is in a much better position than when he took over.  Attendances are incredible and funds were made available to a manager nearly everyone thought was a good choice.  They will give funds for changes in Jan and have a brought a decent manager in.  Yes some if the comms on racism allegations could have been  better but largely I think the board do a decent job.  I would be loath to change the whole model.  Probably an unpopular opinion!

f**k off Liddell

5 minutes ago, tirso said:

Hmmmm.... The people who brought us out of provisional liquidation deserved the thanks that they got, no doubt about it. However we seem to have settled into a rather fat and happy second tier club with no ambition (and by ambition I mean structure and purpose) to go any further other than by the alignment of a few planets when a manager and a few players come good at the same time.

Its sad when senior people at the club voice the opinion that we can’t really be expected to compete with the likes of Hamilton because they got money for McCarthy....and that was before a ball was kicked. “Good job” was not allowing GC to play at being a football exec when his background was hiring out marquees. That was utter madness.

Painting the club into a ridiculous and expensive corner with crazy overheads was not “a good job”. Pointless going into character assassinations, but there is little doubt that the MSG are happy at the moment for the club to just tread water....not going up, but not going down (until now).

Certainly, if a new ownership model is on the cards, then as much as possible, I would be willing to sign up. I am sure many other would be similarly inclined. If the club still ends up going nowhere, it’s our nowhere, and not their nowhere.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We may well be better off financially than we have been for a while, but, and it's a big but we are in the mess on the field due to the boards appointments over a long period now. 

It's just my opinion  but I doubt whoever the new board members are or a fans group wouldn't have happily had Hartely in.  They backed him as they should.  

Probably a boring argument played out many times now but my view ; Hartely has brought us to this with absolutely horrendous signings.  That's it.  Nothing else.  

And Ray has to get players on the park that can play football.  

Shuffling about the board isn't my priority but credit to anyone that wants involved.  But give me a couple of defenders, a midfielder and a striker first please. Second get the no hopers out.  

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We may well be better off financially than we have been for a while, but, and it's a big but we are in the mess on the field due to the boards appointments over a long period now. 

I agree but I don't feel its a problem that can be fixed by the current personel. ML tries her best and whilst it's admirable it's also pathetic that the MSG have put her in this pisition. We desperately need a guy with a football pedigree as Director of football chair and CEO combined. I. e a front man with the power and preferably a significant shareholding  who everybody at the club can respect. Having a fans group involved makes sense as they care but I wouldn't support them running the show unless they have a suitable candidate on board. 

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think the board do a decent job.  I would be loath to change the whole model.  Probably an unpopular opinion!

We need a complete f,,, ING overhaul, new blood new commitment new energy new players and a new f____ING terracing whilst we are at it. We could have probably built one with the cash we've tossed away. 

Edited by Stainrod

We need a complete f,,, ING overhaul, new blood new commitment new energy new players and a new f____ING terracing whilst we are at it. We could have probably built one with the cash we've tossed away. 

How did you get my name against that quote when it was Tirso who said it ?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

How did you get my name against that quote when it was Tirso who said it ?

Apologies just shit at working tech stuff. No idea how that could happen scary, but anyway thanks for correcting me 

13 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Because at the moment at least we have the MSG to stop idiots voting down directors appointments. With this model, we'll end up with well-meaning but completely useless individuals promising the earth and delivering nothing(or worse).

If a prospective director came along tomorrow promising to reopen the academy and invest £1 million in the squad, our fans would buy it like it's Black Friday. No matter that's it's completely undeliverable and would destroy the club.

I wouldn't trust the people on the COYB facebook page to run a bath never mind a multi-million pound business.

I have looked at this objectively and have deduced there is NO-ONE more GULLIBLE than you sir, based on the guff you regurgitate from the BOD propaganda machine.

I would agree that the biggest amount of blame lies with Hartley for signing this squad of drivel, but in any big organisation if a minion makes an error the people at the top are jailed/sacked/forced to resign. It should be no different here, Hartley's summer was the one of the most disastrous by any club in living memory and Lang/Campbell presided over that. Both of them should be chased and told to never return to the stadium again. 

I would agree that the biggest amount of blame lies with Hartley for signing this squad of drivel, but in any big organisation if a minion makes an error the people at the top are jailed/sacked/forced to resign. It should be no different here, Hartley's summer was the one of the most disastrous by any club in living memory and Lang/Campbell presided over that. Both of them should be chased and told to never return to the stadium again. 

Up until a couple of days ago I was of the same thinking. However I think both have had a fairly big influence in getting the fan ownership scheme to this point. I’d rather hold back on any big changes until we’ve seen where this is going.

38 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I have looked at this objectively and have deduced there is NO-ONE more GULLIBLE than you sir, based on the guff you regurgitate from the BOD propaganda machine.

Quite frankly I think we're lucky to have the board of directors we currently have in place. We could quite easily have Mike Ashley, Charles Green or Owen Oyston. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that at least we have people in charge with the best interests of the club at heart.

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Quite frankly I think we're lucky to have the board of directors we currently have in place. We could quite easily have Mike Ashley, Charles Green or Owen Oyston. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that at least we have people in charge with the best interests of the club at heart.

Trolling is obvious