The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considerably less time than Duncan Freemason spent making up fantasies of having insider information about SPFL tribunals.

A bigger Walter Mitty figure than EdiBairn and Branch Ton put together.

I wouldn't normally defend Duncan, but he may just have been reflecting opinions within FFC. They were always confident they'd done things properly and the tone of their statement today continues that theme.

I'm going to do a bit of speculating here.

FFC always maintained we were squeaky clean with McKinnon. Permission was granted to speak to him and even if we were naughty and spoke before it was given, you'ld think that would be impossible to prove.

However, the SPFL statement says "football management team". There were two other people from Morton who came with him. One of them has been a friend of his for decades. Is it possible that when he told the others he was leaving, he immediately asked them to join him?  Without realising that it could be considered inducement under SPFL rules? 

I don't know. Maybe Falkirk don't either, judging by our statement.

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think since it's Morton that have been "wronged", the worst I could see happening is having to pay them compensation. I'd doubt it'll even be that though.

You will probably be wrong there now that Falkirk have been found guilty they will I imagine have to pay Morton compensation. The next question is can Morton now sue the 2 men in question through the courts for breach of contract.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considerably less time than Duncan Freemason spent making up fantasies of having insider information about SPFL tribunals.

A bigger Walter Mitty figure than EdiBairn and Branch Ton put together.

Virtually everything he posts is complete nonsense couched in long words. Already this season we've had claims that Hartley would be given until Christmas and that we won't be signing more than 2 players in January.

8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Virtually everything he posts is complete nonsense couched in long words. Already this season we've had claims that Hartley would be given until Christmas and that we won't be signing more than 2 players in January.

Could yet be right on the 2nd part once the transfer ban kicks in for your clubs shameful behaviour

9 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Said without a hint of irony I bet.

If we want to talk about irony in posts relating to those two... 

On 12/12/2018 at 14:31, Duncan Freemason said:

I think EdiBairn has long since been called out. Too many variations on a theme. He as expressed contradictory opinions on all sorts of matters relating to the club.

Just someone trying to play a game, but has been caught out too often. Has now been called out by  someone who is open wrt the consortium’s approach, and the outcome. That should be enough for those even mildly taken in by his “insider knowledge” chat that it was what the majority have long since been convinced of....it was just bollocks.

So, to paraphrase EdiBairn........it doesn’t really matter what he thinks, it’s irrelevant.

That’s him and Fitbafollower(?) called out in a week. 

5c1a759f7c41c_giphy(12).gif.d90e40da8e6ced23ab782399acb360f6.gif

The board waiting for further information before releasing any further comment?

You could not mark these c***s' necks with blowtorches.

Edited by Gaz

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/managers-moving-clubs/

What happens if the clubs cannot agree an adequate amount of compensation?

If the manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

• Breach of contract – by the manager
  • Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I said it ages ago and it's worth repeating. This is a win win for the fans. Maybe not the "club", whatever that even is these days, but the fans. 

We would either win and get to laugh at Morton, or lose and have leverage against the board. There's still the outside chance of an appeal being successful, which would be peak banter in itself. Or we get a slap on the wrist and sent to the naughty step. Or a fine. 

Can't really see any result that doesn't see at least a few people hunted out the boardroom. 

There's absolutely no reason an appeal can't be successful if we get a top legal team in. All depends on what punishment we're getting whether it's worth doing that.

If there's any possibility of a points deduction, I'd be bringing in the most expensive lawyers available if need be. The last thing we need is our chances of going down increased. Relegation would cost us a lot more.

Edited by EdiBairn

A statement added: "We have already expressed our grave concerns over the way this matter has been dealt with by the SPFL and consider that this decision has serious consequences for the future movement of players and managers in Scottish football."

When you are in a hole the best thing to do is stop digging, but not Falkirk. 

Instead of a mature 'We will study the ruling before responding', they criticise the SPFL and their procedures. That will go down really well, will it not?