The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The minute you appoint a “CEO”, you are effectively renouncing “club” status, in favour of “company” status......no matter what is says on the door. We might all care as much now as we did in ‘95, but the targets are much less visible now, and t’internet has opened a shedload of avenues for spleens to be vented individually rather than collectively. It’s a great way for dissipating anger.

Back then, it was the phone and the getting together that were the only tools available. Nice and direct.

Not directing this at you ,just making a point, but we now have clowns who are bigger fans of forums and social media than they are of the club.And they're not all youngsters either.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

5 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Not directing this at you ,just making a point, but we now have clowns who are bigger fans of forums and social media than they are of the club.And they're not all youngsters either.

It’s where we are. The Fulton era.....we all got a bit active. The provisional liquidation......lots of people did their bit. Now in the information era (or is it post modern era, or post truth era), everything is individuals having a moan or a rant, and that’s pretty much it.

Mind you, it could easily change in the future, and maybe the concept of a “club” as such is now virtually dead in the water. For whatever reason, the people of our area seem to hold their football team closer to their hearts than most similar sized towns, and there’s certainly no town within half an hour or so of Ibrox or Parkhead that does better(maybe the Buds). If it’s supporter acceptance of a mediocre football team (appreciate it’s currently not even that) then it’s no surprise that governance of the club is also mediocre.

Just as they say that a nation gets the newspapers its population deserves, perhaps that is true of football clubs too......then I look at Livingston Launderers, and think “nah, surely not”.

Meant to say: Edibairn is the perfect example of this fake news/post truth thing. A few people had called him out weeks ago, and he bluffed his way through it, and even got one or two to agree with him, but it was all fragmenting towards the end with his “Europe” guff followed by a few pages later with “too many getting carried away”, it was clear he was at it, and when finally called out on his “ITK”on the consortium, it was game over. One lie too many (one of a whole bunch lies tbh).

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Meant to say: Edibairn is the perfect example of this fake news/post truth thing. A few people had called him out weeks ago, and he bluffed his way through it, and even got one or two to agree with him, but it was all fragmenting towards the end with his “Europe” guff followed by a few pages later with “too many getting carried away”, it was clear he was at it, and when finally called out on his “ITK”on the consortium, it was game over. One lie too many (one of a whole bunch lies tbh).

You're in for a few surprises very soon

On 12/12/2018 at 12:18, Craig101 said:

Hi, I have just registered for this site and will make one post in response to the chap "Edi Bairn".  Before you go posting information about consortiums and the parties involved, why don't you try and get the facts first.  I was the spokesperson for the consortium and your post - "This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO".  I assume you mean by the guy at the head of it me,  Craig Richardson? Let me put you straight without going into any confidential detail if I may? Myself and a group of guys got together to see what could be done to help our football club as it is quite clear we are in a hell of  a mess and major change is required. Within the group there are one or two wealthy individuals with one in particular being prepared to put his money where his mouth is. We sat with two members of the MSG and the then the CEO and the Chair and it became abundantly clear within 5 minutes of meeting the MSG that what was on the table from us was unacceptable to them. That was basically the end of the matter as far as we were concerned but we then had a meeting out of courtesy with the CEO and Chair. I note that "I neither have the experience or the finance for the role" - Let me make it clear and if you had done your homework and not jumped to conclusions you would have very quickly found that I had no intention of becoming a Board Member, Chair, CEO or anything else within the club and could very easily have hid behind "a spokesperson for the group said....." but decided not to do so as that would, in my opinion have  shown a lack of transparency to the supporters.  I am more than happy to have a conversation with you either face to face or by phone and you are more than welcome to send an email to me at vertus.live.co.uk and I will happily give you my mobile number.        

@EdiBairn

Now that you are back can sort this guy out please. 

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

You're in for a few surprises very soon

You making a list? You checking it twice. Yesterday’s fake news mate. You got nailed. Let’s face it, it wasn’t your first attempt.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

How can you be sure of the BoD position?

You going to take Craig Richardson up on his offer? By the way, the answer is an unqualified “yes” or “no”.

It's simply the view of one side in a two-sided negotiation that doesn't necessarily say much. I'm sure the BoD would have a very different perception of what went on.

It wasn’t a view but facts that blew your ignorance of the situation up in your face.