The Falkirk FC Thread

It's only viable as a passion not as a business ! Putting time and effort into a business you would expect a return ! In Scottish football it's survival nobody other than Celtic makes money at present

Falkirk have made money in the last six years without a penny of investment from anyone in the MSG. You are talking tosh

Just now, Stainrod said:

Yes we have scraped a profit but that has been against the odds and is not sustainable or attractive to a business investor.  There  have been  no dividends to the investors  and no investment in new players who have any value. In addition the boarid  have to leave that profit in to support the lean years when we don't sell a player for 200k plus. INVESTING IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS JUST ABOUT THE BEST WAY TO ENSURE  YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SHIRT.  When it was a cash business it was an attractive proposition for some  as a fair percentage of the gate money was trousered by the owners. These days have gone and t he one man I can recall who did make money wee fegus mcCann who did a great job for Celtic, rebuilt their stadium, won the league and for his troubles ewaa booed at the flag raising ceremony because he sold a few players. That's how fickle fans can be. So I'm afraid there is no que forming to buy the club as an investment opportunity. We are as  shite  on the pitch as  I can remember  however a d that's the point that needs to be addressed and soon or you will soon see our small profits turning into a big loss. 

Yes we have scraped a profit but that has been against the odds and is not sustainable or attractive to a business investor.  There  have been  no dividends to the investors  and no investment in new players who have any value. In addition the boarid  have to leave that profit in to support the lean years when we don't sell a player for 200k plus. INVESTING IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS JUST ABOUT THE BEST WAY TO ENSURE  YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SHIRT.  When it was a cash business it was an attractive proposition for some  as a fair percentage of the gate money was trousered by the owners. These days have gone and t he one man I can recall who did make money wee fegus mcCann who did a great job for Celtic, rebuilt their stadium, won the league and for his troubles ewaa booed at the flag raising ceremony because he sold a few players. That's how fickle fans can be. So I'm afraid there is no que forming to buy the club as an investment opportunity. We are as  shite  on the pitch as  I can remember  however a d that's the point that needs to be addressed and soon or you will soon see our small profits turning into a big loss. 

I wish I could have scraped a living like £1.3m profit in 2015.

5 league games unbeaten, with such a limited pool of players, is a magnificent achievement. I hope to f**k Ray gets the players he wants in January.
Would be nice to enjoy a spell of positivity it's been a while.
Agreed. It will be great to have a team that can create attacks rather than a team who can defend reasonably but rely on a fast breakout.

29 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Hopefully that's the last of Fasan full stop.

Mitchell was almost making each time he came for something. It was like he was trying to look commanding even when he didnt need to. Definitely has learned from what Fasan has been doing wrong in that he has clearly decided to try and dominate his box more. 

Remains to be seen whether he is capable of doing it but I welcome him trying. Until January at least.

Seems to be a feeling building that everything will be fine when we get to January.

I will reserve judgement until we see the quality of the signings. That will tell you if McKinnon is getting proper backing from Chairman Statement or buttons

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Seems to be a feeling building that everything will be fine when we get to January.

I will reserve judgement until we see the quality of the signings. That will tell you if McKinnon is getting proper backing from Chairman Statement or buttons

You make a good point that new recruits in January will sort everything out. Thistle  and Alloa will recruit new faces as well. McKinnon has done a great job with very little to work with. Must be hard for the players knowing come January they could be out the door but still put in a shift. When McKinnon arrived I judged success as being within 6 points of 2nd bottom come the transfer window would be a job well done. So McKinnon deserves the support not only on the board but the fans. If he gets us out of this mess and keeps us up then he deserves a few seasons to see what he can do.