The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I don't think any of them (or the chairmen at the other clubs above ) would allow Hartley to sign a team & a half of duds without seeing them play, then systematically pay them all off  eventually. What a monumental mess, really give us anyone else. 

Mike would never overrule a manager on a signing unless it was going to cost too much. He's said repeatedly in interviews he gives the manager a budget and it's up to him to use it. He lets the manager get on with it.

I can't see any chairperson overruling a manager on who they are signing going well. Isn't that why you got Ray in the first place?

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

No, a 'role' can't be a director of a company. It's the individual occupying it, in this case Craig Campbell. He can be fired from his CEO poison but he'll still be on the board unless voted off it.

Aye so he can still be fired which she has currently failed to do.  George Craig got punted very quickly so shouldnt be any reason why Campbell shouldnt be on his bike too.

Edited by Shodwall cat

No, a 'role' can't be a director of a company. It's the individual occupying it, in this case Craig Campbell. He can be fired from his CEO poison but he'll still be on the board unless voted off it.

:lol: Brilliant!

This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO.

They'll easily get the more gullible fans aboard with promises of reopening the academy and 'sack the board' but I've yet to see a serious plan that ensures the viability of the football club or what they'd do differently.

This post implies that you have seen the proposals.

Are you a board member, member of the MSG or just a blowhard poseur with no more knowledge than any of the rest of us?

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This post implies that you have seen the proposals.

Are you a board member, member of the MSG or just a blowhard poseur with no more knowledge than any of the rest of us?

nail on head.gif

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Utter ignorance of the facts of the consortium.

The consortium was offered two seats on the Board and were told by one of the MSG “we don’t need your money”.

Wouldn't worry BPM EdiBairn never backs anything he says with actual facts so it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't even seen the proposal. 

18 minutes ago, Craig101 said:

Hi, I have just registered for this site and will make one post in response to the chap "Edi Bairn".  Before you go posting information about consortiums and the parties involved, why don't you try and get the facts first.  I was the spokesperson for the consortium and your post - "This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO".  I assume you mean by the guy at the head of it me,  Craig Richardson? Let me put you straight without going into any confidential detail if I may? Myself and a group of guys got together to see what could be done to help our football club as it is quite clear we are in a hell of  a mess and major change is required. Within the group there are one or two wealthy individuals with one in particular being prepared to put his money where his mouth is. We sat with two members of the MSG and the then the CEO and the Chair and it became abundantly clear within 5 minutes of meeting the MSG that what was on the table from us was unacceptable to them. That was basically the end of the matter as far as we were concerned but we then had a meeting out of courtesy with the CEO and Chair. I note that "I neither have the experience or the finance for the role" - Let me make it clear and if you had done your homework and not jumped to conclusions you would have very quickly found that I had no intention of becoming a Board Member, Chair, CEO or anything else within the club and could very easily have hid behind "a spokesperson for the group said....." but decided not to do so as that would, in my opinion have  shown a lack of transparency to the supporters.  I am more than happy to have a conversation with you either face to face or by phone and you are more than welcome to send an email to me at vertus.live.co.uk and I will happily give you my mobile number.        

Forget the tory no confidence vote pish, this is the real box office #scenes

22 minutes ago, Craig101 said:

Hi, I have just registered for this site and will make one post in response to the chap "Edi Bairn".  Before you go posting information about consortiums and the parties involved, why don't you try and get the facts first.  I was the spokesperson for the consortium and your post - "This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO".  I assume you mean by the guy at the head of it me,  Craig Richardson? Let me put you straight without going into any confidential detail if I may? Myself and a group of guys got together to see what could be done to help our football club as it is quite clear we are in a hell of  a mess and major change is required. Within the group there are one or two wealthy individuals with one in particular being prepared to put his money where his mouth is. We sat with two members of the MSG and the then the CEO and the Chair and it became abundantly clear within 5 minutes of meeting the MSG that what was on the table from us was unacceptable to them. That was basically the end of the matter as far as we were concerned but we then had a meeting out of courtesy with the CEO and Chair. I note that "I neither have the experience or the finance for the role" - Let me make it clear and if you had done your homework and not jumped to conclusions you would have very quickly found that I had no intention of becoming a Board Member, Chair, CEO or anything else within the club and could very easily have hid behind "a spokesperson for the group said....." but decided not to do so as that would, in my opinion have  shown a lack of transparency to the supporters.  I am more than happy to have a conversation with you either face to face or by phone and you are more than welcome to send an email to me at vertus.live.co.uk and I will happily give you my mobile number.        

sofia.gif.cd541e2dc8d7788fcbd90a3e873f600f.gif

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats Sheps/CC "TELT" thank f**k for that he was becoming tedious mind you i dare say he will post his next chapter of ITK information or "Shite" as its becoming more known as.

He's been peddling pish for a few weeks now pretending to be ITK. If he is indeed ITK, he's leaking far too much info for someone who would know what he's spouting about. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Just now, wee_bairn said:

He's been peddling pish for a few weeks now pretending to be ITK. If he is indeed ITK, he's leaking far too much info for someone who would know what he's spouting about. 

Think he has lost track of all the pish he has been spouting himself the latest seems to be contradicting the stuff he previously contradicted himself on.  The fact that some seem to be buying into his ITK info has gone to his head by the looks.

On another note Patons comments in the Herald should be a bit of a wake up call to some and doesn't seem to be beating about the bush with them at least he is being honest especially in his own performances:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/we-need-to-act-now-or-falkirk-will-be-relegated-says-paton-1-4842734

Speaking after Saturday's game, Paton said: "To throw away a two-goal lead and find yourself bottom of the league again is not good enough. "We have not been good enough all season. Some of the goals we have been giving away have been criminal. "We understand with a good win against Morton we can climb again. Personally, I think every time we think we have turned a corner, we hit a brick wall. "I just think as players you need to take the blame. At some point something has got to click, we can't keep giving daft goals away at home - it will end up killing us. 

"I've been there, I was relegated with Dundee United. I was out injured until January and I was just watching on and it was similar traits to here. "You think you're going to win, then, bang, something happens, and you've lost the game or you've drew. If we don't get the finger out that is exactly what will happen here. The Bairns have picked up eight points in their last five league games but that was little comfort to Paton who believes Falkirk should be challenging at the other end of the table. He said: "I don't buy that, I don't think Falkirk should be anywhere near the bottom. 
"It's just because we have been such an embarrassment earlier in the season.
"It's just not good enough. As individuals you have to look at yourself and say have I been good enough, have I brought enough to the table? "You ask individuals in that dressing room and not a lot of them will say yes. "We've got a lot of young boys here and if they want to go on and have bigger and better careers, then, they better get the finger out because they are kidding themselves on. "A couple of them have maybe done well, Zak's done well, but, if these young boys want to go and aspire to bigger things, they need to start performing.
"I'm coming to the end of my career and I'm striving to be better making the box and scoring goals. "I've not been good enough this season but as individuals we all need to have words with ourselves."