The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Does anyone believe this pish? 

Aye, right 

The first part is accurate. The second part isn't.

I believe there are a number of inaccuracies within Morton's public statements which, should we be able to prove them, will undermine Morton's credibility and overall case.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

58 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

Actually it's all getting a bit silly. 

If the shoe was on the other foot Falkirk or indeed any other club would be taking the same action as Morton and the fans of said club would have behaved /be behaving in a similar manner too. To suggest differently is either to be hypocritical or delusional. 

Now we await the conclusion of the tribunal and then we move on, but as is the nature of football the repercussions will rumble on for years to come every time the teams meet. 

Eh naw. I would've expected our chairman to refuse any permission to talk to our manager in the first place if we valued him that highly.  Id frankly be quite embarrassed if I had given him permission and then moaned about the fact that he agreed terms very quickly. .  Secondly if he then resigned due to this   I would be pursuing him for  breach of contract and not the team he moved to.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Crawford Rae really is one mewling c**t.

If we all take one thing away from this incident, it should be that.

I mean really, what an insufferably pathetic wee man.

If there are any Morton fans on here who know him personally I would l like to think this has changed any relationship they had with him.

Typical wee boy thats had his wealth and company  handed to him on a plate . His faither will be turning in his golden casket.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Both sides missed a trick on this to have it pay per view get Jerry Springer hosting it Ray sat on the seat speaking to Jerry then bring out Rae and Lang and add Branch Ton into the mix for comedy value. Have the SPFL panel in the crowd deliberating on it.

2 hours ago, Dr Watson said:

He also stated there's a three year plan for promotion. 

The quicker the guy fúcks off, and takes every last one of the brown nosers with him, the better.

IMO, obviously.

A 3 year plan for promotion but only gave the manager in charge 1 year contract :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Dr Watson said:

Not just the manager. There's not a single player contracted beyond this season.

They couldn't run a bath.

He was on a rolling contract - i.e, no end date. The players will have clauses in their contracts for extensions based on appearances, as a couple have already said IIRC.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Crawford Rae really is one mewling c**t.

If we all take one thing away from this incident, it should be that.

I mean really, what an insufferably pathetic wee man.

If there are any Morton fans on here who know him personally I would l like to think this has changed any relationship they had with him.

I'll ask.

Why? What exactly has he done in your opinion? Overall, i think most Morton fans appear to agree with his actions during this clusterfcuk of a situation  and don't think he could have done much different. 

The underhand tactics appear to come from Falkirk seeing as they have failed to give their version of events ( presumably up until today at this hearing). Maybe look a bit closer to home before  berating another club's board!

FWIW, I dont know him!

21 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

A sensible chairman who is planning legal action, at least tries not to make contradictory statements to the press. We've been clear from the start that any evidence will be presented at the fact finding, not to the press. Facts are that Rae threatened legal action and a compo claim, then went affy quiet and just about managed to send a letter of complaint to the SPFl. That's a substantial backpedal in anyone's book. I almost wonder why.

What has Rae said that is contradictory?

Also a legal action/compo claim is separate from this letter of complaint to the SPFL. None of know if further action is forthcoming or not.

Everyone in Falkirk seems to be very aware of what's going in behind the scenes at Cappielow.

I just wish all this nonsense was finished. We have got a manager that both clubs wanted. It all hangs on did Ray know before he said he did? Probably as Scottish football is a small world. He has clearly stated that there were “ things “ behind the scenes prior to the move that he does not wish to disclose. He basically jumped ship from a job that was not sitting well with him. The timing of the move is not as important as why a manager would want out so quick

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

The original claim was that no permission was given.

Then it was that no permission was given, then since someeone at falkirk(?) had leaked to the press interest, he had to give permission. Then it was that he had informed the falkirk board that he would require 100k compensation (still waiting for that claim )for their contracts. It's not a registered playing contract, it's a standard contract of employment, unless there is  a specific clause regarding notice, the best you can hope for is inducement to breach, which you will need very firm evidence to back up. If not, you might get a couple of weeks wages back.

No legal documents have been filed in this case, if they were, it'd either be a matter of public record at the court, or it would have been in the press. It hasn't. The best they could do was a fact finding sit down with an independent lawyer at the behest of the SPFL.

You really should keep up with things. 

Your order of events is all over the place, possibly deliberately, and the SPFL announced that after consideration of the documentation submitted by each club they had come to the view that Falkirk had a case to answer 

Incidentally Ray McKinnon stated after he left that he had the greatest respect for Crawford Rae both as a person and  as a club chairman. 

Also one of your fellow supporters said of your chair  'She really should stop having these forums because the more she talks the more lies she tells'. 

Interesting comments. 

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

The original claim was that no permission was given.

Then it was that no permission was given, then since someeone at falkirk(?) had leaked to the press interest, he had to give permission. Then it was that he had informed the falkirk board that he would require 100k compensation (still waiting for that claim )for their contracts. It's not a registered playing contract, it's a standard contract of employment, unless there is  a specific clause regarding notice, the best you can hope for is inducement to breach, which you will need very firm evidence to back up. If not, you might get a couple of weeks wages back.

No legal documents have been filed in this case, if they were, it'd either be a matter of public record at the court, or it would have been in the press. It hasn't. The best they could do was a fact finding sit down with an independent lawyer at the behest of the SPFL.

Alright just went back and had a look at his statement. He doesn't state that "no permission was given"

"I left the training ground on an absolute high and on my way back to my car I received a phone call from Falkirk to ask permission to speak with our manager.

I was told that the friendship and the regard that Falkirk had for our club was important which was why they chose to ask permission to speak to Ray.

It is ironic that six hours later, Falkirk announce Ray McKinnon as their new manager and to me it is clear that there could have been previous discussions with our manager ahead of their phone call to me"

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Facts are that Rae threatened legal action and a compo claim, then went affy quiet and just about managed to send a letter of complaint to the SPFl.

"We will be speaking with the appropriate counsel on our options moving forward," and "We are currently working with our advisers to obtain suitable redress following the actions of Falkirk, Mr McKinnon and Mr Taylor."

Doesn't threaten legal action or a compo claim.

Nothing Rae has said has been contradictory. There are two press released on the Morton website 31st August and 5th September 

These are the only two 1st hand statements from Rae. One directly attributed quote in the Greenock Telegraph says "It appears from the press that Ray and Darren have signed new contracts with Falkirk FC, we believe that Mr McKinnon and Mr Taylor have acted and continue to act in breach of contract by entering into this new agreement.

“We believe this is wrong and we are currently seeking the best counsel in the hope of a beneficial settlement between our clubs.”

Still aint threatening legal action or a compo claim, just stating they are looking at their options to see if one is possible, and still aint contradicting previous statements.

f**k knows, maybe Crawford Rae's ballsed up and covering his arse, no-one knows. But he's released two statements to make Morton fans aware of what was going on, said he was consulting counsel about the next steps, and remained tight lipped ever since. I don't know what anyone's expecting from him aside from that. Aside from two press releases on the Morton site and one quote from the Greenock Telegraph expanding on one of those statements he's not saying much. So this idea he's been running his mouth or moaning to the press seems to be a work of fiction.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

9 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

You really should keep up with things. 

Your order of events is all over the place, possibly deliberately, and the SPFL announced that after consideration of the documentation submitted by each club they had come to the view that Falkirk had a case to answer 

Incidentally Ray McKinnon stated after he left that he had the greatest respect for Crawford Rae both as a person and  as a club chairman. 

Also one of your fellow supporters said of your chair  'She really should stop having these forums because the more she talks the more lies she tells'. 

Interesting comments. 

Now you're just making it up as you go along. Neither club have provided the SPFL with any documentation before today.

4 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Now you're just making it up as you go along. Neither club have provided the SPFL with any documentation before today.

Aye so I am!

In a statement the SPFL said: “Following receipt and consideration of a complaint from Greenock Morton FC, and written representations to the SPFL board made on behalf of both clubs involved, the SPFL board has determined that a complaint be issued in terms of Section J of the SPFL Rules alleging breach and/or non-compliance by Falkirk FC with SPFL Rules D9 and/or D10, arising from the circumstances of the employment by Falkirk FC of its new management team.