The Falkirk FC Thread

I know Martin Ritchie et al aren't the most popular on here, but I'd far rather have the current lot running things than some of the other people that've been involved in Scottish football(or many of our fans tbh). Martin Ritchie especially is a very successful businessman who has been a director of hundreds of companies.
Fan ownership especially would be an utter disaster and the club would be out of business within a few years or more likely months. If you have club directors directly accountable to fans, you'll end up with people promising the world in terms of signings and on the pitch success which will be completely undeliverable and destroy the club.
The major shareholders have said they'd be happy to step aside for free if a serious offer came along. Despite all this 'sack the board' talk, no one has presented a serious takeover offer. There aren't billionaires queuing up to buy Scottish league one football clubs.

Not true that MR etc will walk away for nothing. They are 100% looking for money to leave and this came from Ritchie’s mouth at the last fan ownership meeting in the South Stand Bar. I believe the words he used was that any offer should be sensible, that they wouldn’t be hard to deal with and are not looking to make a profit. Doesn’t sound like walking away for nothing to me.

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not true that MR etc will walk away for nothing. They are 100% looking for money to leave and this came from Ritchie’s mouth at the last fan ownership meeting in the South Stand Bar. I believe the words he used was that any offer should be sensible, that they wouldn’t be hard to deal with and are not looking to make a profit. Doesn’t sound like walking away for nothing to me.

If they carry on the way we are going they'll be lucky to get a Fiver. 

19 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

This was my thinking as well, when I asked how much it would take previously. 

We might have to be relegated to bring the price down. The losers in charge currently might cut their losses and take a loss on investment.

15 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Dire!  I took my 7 Yr old granddaughter to her first and last match this season. Her comment "where have all the players who win gone, don't they know how to kick it in the goals" 

The main reason I won't take her again however wasn't football but  the language from some of our fans (mainly directed at paton) was horrendous. + The stadium should be condemned no working female toilet without going to the main stand. My only thoughts on the game was  that  they are terrible and yet  they beat us. Terrible day out how this can be considered as entertainment is beyond me. How any parent could take kids to this  victorian dump is also beyond me. As for the football we were equal to them, two poor sides both as bad as each other. 

I will keep going however because it's a habit and I refuse to believe the good times will not return. Unfortunately for now they look a long long way away. How we got ourselves into  this position is hard to take.! 

As a kid i stood at brockville in victorian dump conditions with abuse hurling past me at various players and I absolutely loved it. I'd go back to that any time compared to the soulless shell we have now. I feel sorry for the kids of today who will rarely experience what football was about in those days both home and away.  

Pretty sure now they want out but won’t let it go to anyone, which I think is admirable.

Let’s wait and see what happens moving forward but I am resigned to relegation as any January rescue mission will improve us but I think we will be too far adrift by then.

Worrying times but maybe a fresh start from League 1 won’t be that bad long term.

I was thinking during the second half who Hartley's worst summer signings were in order.
Its surprisingly difficult to do, as how do you decide if TOE is worse than Turner? 
I dont think any football club in Britain certainly has ever had a worse transfer window. And I include Anelka's Raith in that.
Why bother? TOE and Turner wont be seen again in the first team.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pretty sure now they want out but won’t let it go to anyone, which I think is admirable.

Let’s wait and see what happens moving forward but I am resigned to relegation as any January rescue mission will improve us but I think we will be too far adrift by then.

Worrying times but maybe a fresh start from League 1 won’t be that bad long term.

If we get cut adrift I'd stick the club into admin clear the decks and start again. Any agreement with the council would be null and void and could be rearranged far more in our favour and superman could sing for his cash. Every side that's done that is now ahead of us in the leagues so it's the way to go if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:
I was thinking during the second half who Hartley's worst summer signings were in order.
Its surprisingly difficult to do, as how do you decide if TOE is worse than Turner? 
I dont think any football club in Britain certainly has ever had a worse transfer window. And I include Anelka's Raith in that.

Why bother? TOE and Turner wont be seen again in the first team.

It was more entertaining than the game

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
I wouldn't have thought Mutch could play until Jan if we called him back.

Mutch is only on a temporary emergency loan.

I presume their different then. The rules are that fecked up it's difficult to keep up.