• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

And to top it off if I remember, blast zone was for a storage site that ineos had planning permission for but never actually built. Couldn't make it up. 

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's right but was it not a training centre for the BP rather than college stuff?

I believe it was some sort of joint venture between the college and all of the petrochemical companies.    Either way, the council kicked it into the long grass.

32 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’m assuming to form this opinion of him you must’ve seen him play quite a few games aye?

Actually Aye?  And to add friends from down south weekly. 

4 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

We need someone with money to come in and bluff the council. We either play elsewhere or the council sells their share of the stadium for a couple million up front. They've had more than enough of us over the years, time to shoot that particular cash cow. It's a good bluff, if they say no and risk us moving, what are they going to do with the stadium, charge the Shire 300k a year? 

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

I'm not even biting, away snap at someone else. 

24 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not even biting, away snap at someone else. 

No one is else is posting such fantastical dross without the foggiest idea what it entails.

2 hours ago, faedenny said:

is there any point to this stadium thread? we cant afford to build the last stand,  we dont have the crowds needed to fill it, we can hardly fill the three stands we do have. yes it would be nice to have it finished but unless another kind hearted soul comes along to fund it, it aint gonna happen any time soon.

I think we all badly need a win, we're currently filling the gaps between games by talking shite and chasing our tails over the same tired topics.

imhhho (in my humble, heartfelt & honest opinion)

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No one is else is posting such fantastical dross without the foggiest idea what it entails.

It was literally a "what if". As in, what if we had someone with more money than sense. Sorry a flight of fancy has deeply upset you. Kindly take your passive aggressive w**k elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think we all badly need a win, we're currently filling the gaps between games by talking shite and chasing our tails over the same tired topics.

imhhho (in my humble, heartfelt & honest opinion)

A win would indeed be nice. I'd settle for a point. Or indeed, a pint. 

Anyone else getting worried by the fact we apparently have funds available, but are inviting players on trial that conceivably could be worse than we already have at the club? Which is a terrible thing to even consider. 

Edited by DeeBairn

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rogers is with us for a month. Good idea, give him a month see how he does and if he's shite punt him. If only Hartley had thought of that.

Ground breaking stuff, Harry. Maybe the board have been playing Football Manager. 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I remember a public statement from Campbell Christie  after we announced the intention to move to Westfield. He stressed that the new stadium would have MORE than ten thousand seats.

I'm not sure when that announcement was made but I suspect it was during the 2002/03 season when it was obvious from very early on that we were going to win the league. And would probably be denied promotion at the end of it. (while ultimately we were)

We planned the new stadium to comply with the 10,000 seat rule.

A quick google search shows that the SPL started thinking about changing the rules to 6,000 seats just as Westfield was about to open. This article was dated May 2004 and we moved into our new home less than a month  later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3719681.stm

Given we were refused promotion in 2003 and then at 1st Inverness were then weren't in 2004, had they not changed the rules you faced the farce getting more farcical.

If the SPL had not been flexible with ICT and then relaxed the 10,000 rule nobody would have went up between 2002 and 2006.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rogers is with us for a month. Good idea, give him a month see how he does and if he's shite punt him. If only Hartley had thought of that.

To be fair, it is easier for Rogers coming up here for a month when his old man is near by and has somewhere to stay etc.

Other players would tell us to bolt if we said come up to Scotland for a whole month for just a trial.

Ground breaking stuff, Harry. Maybe the board have been playing Football Manager. 
Maybe, FH website saying McKinnon looking to bring in other free agents to freshen up squad and we have 2 currently on trial.

Poster on FB who must be a taxi driver saying he has been dropping off a young black striker at the stadium who is on trial but doesn't know his name. Someone suggested he ask.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

To be fair, it is easier for Rogers coming up here for a month when his old man is near by and has somewhere to stay etc.

Other players would tell us to bolt if we said come up to Scotland for a whole month for just a trial.

Players at this stage are more desperate than they are at the beginning of June as well. A month to month contract isn't any use when you've potentially got loads of other options.

True I suppose, if we have them in for just a month can they play or is it only reserves.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe, FH website saying McKinnon looking to bring in other free agents to freshen up squad and we have 2 currently on trial.

Poster on FB who must be a taxi driver saying he has been dropping off a young black striker at the stadium who is on trial but doesn't know his name. Someone suggested he ask.

Possibly Bia Bi up on loan? Not sure how I would feel about that. I'd say we likely need a midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet. A striker that can score would be good too. We'll probably sign a guy with no career goals though. 

I'm knocking myself into the ground here picking fights with people I shouldn't be. 

All I'm doing is making myself feel even more depressed and fucking worthless. I'll leave you all well alone, sorry for whatever it is I've done.

Edited by DeeBairn

22 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Possibly Bia Bi up on loan? Not sure how I would feel about that. I'd say we likely need a midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet. A striker that can score would be good too. We'll probably sign a guy with no career goals though. 

Bia bi was like playing with a man down. How he got a move to Swansea is beyond me.

Edited by EdiBairn