• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Here it is:

13268003_10210209644700475_2239118265849074622_o.jpg

Obviously the exterior would have looked a bit different but it was still due to have 4,200 seats.

Here it is:
13268003_10210209644700475_2239118265849074622_o.jpg.edba4ee6ac1f064a432ef44aaeb8c77a.jpg
Obviously the exterior would have looked a bit different but it was still due to have 4,200 seats.
If ever finished that would be beautiful but it's a very big if.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If ever finished that would be beautiful but it's a very big if.

It could join the Wheel and the Kelpies in the "nice looking white elephant" category.

12 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

That’s encouraging. A younger, fitter Paul Paton.

The upside is that McKinnon has actually made the arrangements to see the guy play a game. That in itself seems to be a bit of s novelty these days.

43 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

But certain Morton fans on here said the stadium is an expense on the Council tax payers of Falkirk. Are you saying he's talking shite?

Just a bit. They are known for it. You'd think if it was dragging the council down, they'd do a deal in it. 

42 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that not hindsight though?

When the stadium was being planned was there not a 10k seat minimum? I agree that the main stand is too big and would probably give us a capacity of 11-12 thousand depending on the size of any east stand which is too many. I assume that the council would have had  a major say on the design of the main and that they would want to include office space etc which possibly contributed to what we have today?

I also quite like the Livingston, St Mirren type models as they're obviously large enough and could maybe be 'personalised' a wee bit easier as well. The Livi ground would be my preferred option in fact.

I thought we started planning after the capacity change and we left the other side open in case we needed the seats later? The main stand was built the size it was so we could squeeze council off es in or some such. Was a while ago so I could be miles off. 

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s encouraging. A younger, fitter Paul Paton.

The upside is that McKinnon has actually made the arrangements to see the guy play a game. That in itself seems to be a bit of s novelty these days.

If ever a player was playing football five leagues higher than he should this is it. 

Good old Dad

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

That makes desperate reading.

Basically the manager is saying "I know he is shite but all the guys that can actually play football are unavailable so I told him to run around a lot and try to get in the way of the opposition"

Incoming...

10 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I thought we started planning after the capacity change and we left the other side open in case we needed the seats later? The main stand was built the size it was so we could squeeze council off es in or some such. Was a while ago so I could be miles off. 

I remember a public statement from Campbell Christie  after we announced the intention to move to Westfield. He stressed that the new stadium would have MORE than ten thousand seats.

I'm not sure when that announcement was made but I suspect it was during the 2002/03 season when it was obvious from very early on that we were going to win the league. And would probably be denied promotion at the end of it. (while ultimately we were)

We planned the new stadium to comply with the 10,000 seat rule.

A quick google search shows that the SPL started thinking about changing the rules to 6,000 seats just as Westfield was about to open. This article was dated May 2004 and we moved into our new home less than a month  later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3719681.stm

If ever a player was playing football five leagues higher than he should this is it. 
Good old Dad

I’m assuming to form this opinion of him you must’ve seen him play quite a few games aye?

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Just a bit. They are known for it. You'd think if it was dragging the council down, they'd do a deal in it. 

I thought we started planning after the capacity change and we left the other side open in case we needed the seats later? The main stand was built the size it was so we could squeeze council off es in or some such. Was a while ago so I could be miles off. 

We moved in to TFS in 2004 which is the same year that the 10k seats rule was changed so the planning & construction would have begun some time before. 

Just our luck; things may have been a whole lot different if the timings were even a wee bit different!

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We moved in to TFS in 2004 which is the same year that the 10k seats rule was changed so the planning & construction would have begun some time before. 

Just our luck; things may have been a whole lot different if the timings were even a wee bit different!

And Lets not forget that there were plans in place to have part of the college in the East Stand but planning was rejected by the Council due to the blast zone around Ineos/BP.  The same blast zone that wasn't an issue after the 2008 recession kicked in!

Edited by FFCinthearea

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Has Rodgers actually been offered a deal?

Roy? Would probably only come if there was a clause that would trigger his release! 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought it might have been around then, was too busy trying to cram food down my throat at work. Typical of the powers that be to wait until we were committed to something to change it. 

Still, it required a lot of different things to slot into place in order to get to that stage, so we should be happy that something got built. Shame it's a three sided white elephant. Four stands for a compmiant stadium would have a far better atmosphere, and if your auntie had baws etc. 

They refused us ground sharing with airdrie then allowed ICT to do so with Aberdeen the very next season iirc?

Also the deal with council at TFS was a transfer of their 1/7th share or land at brockville. They left their ‘share’ of thr land sale in as a stake in JV stadium company. When the JV was ended they got office space in main stand and ffc got the ‘footballing infratstucture’ excluding internal areas of the stand. Ie the seats and pitch. 

4 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

And Lets not forget that there were plans in place to have part of the college in the East Stand but planning was rejected by the Council due to the blast zone around Ineos/BP.  The same blast zone that wasn't an issue after the 2008 recession kicked in!

Aye, that's right but was it not a training centre for the BP rather than college stuff?

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

They refused us ground sharing with airdrie then allowed ICT to do so with Aberdeen the very next season iirc?

From what I remember that was because both Aberdeen and ICT were in the SPL and thus were overseen by the same governing body.

Had we been groundsharing with Airdrie we would have been in different organisations.

Edited by Gaz

is there any point to this stadium thread? we cant afford to build the last stand,  we dont have the crowds needed to fill it, we can hardly fill the three stands we do have. yes it would be nice to have it finished but unless another kind hearted soul comes along to fund it, it aint gonna happen any time soon.