The Falkirk FC Thread

Boy at reception.
they used to have chief exec too who was at Clyde iirc? 
Maybe some cleaners.
So in other words, the square root of f**k all. 
Can only take it they're paying the gas/electric/water & rates for the whole site.

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rogers is with us for a month. Good idea, give him a month see how he does and if he's shite punt him. If only Hartley had thought of that.

I have a solution to the problem of how we get rid of the dross. The only issue is Hartley needs to gets another job first (unlikely I know). We then get the players to change their names (even he might remember who he signed) then get someone to tell him that the newly renamed players are magic. Bingo, he never sees them until they have signed on the bottom line and Ray can build a decent team.....

It's remarkable how many players we have who are about to finish their football career before it even got going.

No way are most of these players ever going to get paid to play football for any club after they leave us.

I'd like to have a conversation with the talent scouts who discovered most of these chancers.

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

If only the local football fans who travel to Glasgow and Edinburgh each week would support their local team things could be so different. These losers who are either bigots or  get a kick out of being winners (for a day) by association with  either side of the old firm or our capital cousins  are a disgrace to the game and an impediment to having a decent society in  Scotland. The sad thing is we have and have had in the past such  phuesdo green  blue and Maroon minded twats holding senior positions within the hierarchy of the club.(appointed and approved) We are not alone in sufering from this cancer but if Scottish football ever wants to thrive then attitudes have to change. The stadium fiasco was largely the result of too much  responsibility being handed to a pint sized little jambo. The same person who appointed him  also appointed our Hibee CEO. Let's keep the Club navy blue and if we can't stop them getting on the buses then at least we should keep them away from running the club we all love. Hunt the c____ts I say! 

Edited by Stainrod

I travel from Glasgow every second week, would you hunt me too? I hate the Old Firm as much as anyone but people can support whoever they want and have their own reasons for it. Falkirk need to do a better job of making it attractive for people to come to games. 

6 hours ago, Stainrod said:

If only the local football fans who travel to Glasgow and Edinburgh each week would support their local team things could be so different. These losers who are either bigots or  get a kick out of being winners (for a day) by association with  either side of the old firm or our capital cousins  are a disgrace to the game and an impediment to having a decent society in  Scotland. The sad thing is we have and have had in the past such  phuesdo green  blue and Maroon minded twats holding senior positions within the hierarchy of the club.(appointed and approved) We are not alone in sufering from this cancer but if Scottish football ever wants to thrive then attitudes have to change. The stadium fiasco was largely the result of too much  responsibility being handed to a pint sized little jambo. The same person who appointed him  also appointed our Hibee CEO. Let's keep the Club navy blue and if we can't stop them getting on the buses then at least we should keep them away from running the club we all love. Hunt the c____ts I say! 

Maybe a bit extreme making references to folk being “a cancer”, nah?

Some folk support other teams. Why get so upset about it?

Think what Stainrod is alluding to is those that travel from all over Scotland to follow the ugly sisters purely through religious/sectarian affiliations. I wouldn't add Hibs or Hearts into that category.

It would be a more balanced playing field if the other clubs had the same kind of following as Celtic and Rangers but it's never going to happen. The media fixation with the Old Firm doesn't help either but then they are just feeding the masses which you can't blame them for U suppose.

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Maybe a bit extreme making references to folk being “a cancer”, nah?

Some folk support other teams. Why get so upset about it?

Because I care football is about passion. IMO if we don't get upset the status quo will prevail. I seriously think the Scottish game is at a cross roads. The quality gets worse every year whilst the alternatives get closer and cheaper. 

Amazingly Falkirk as a commercial venture is bucking the trend. This just underlines the opportunity we have yet alas just when we have a chance to build we hit self destruct. Our actual performance compared to our potential totally sucks and my point was that having such  people who's hearts lie elsewhere  in our boardroom is not acceptable. 

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Because I care football is about passion. IMO if we don't get upset the status quo will prevail. I seriously think the Scottish game is at a cross roads. The quality gets worse every year whilst the alternatives get closer and cheaper.

Our club teams have had their best season in Europe in a decade and the national team is unbeaten in 7 competitive games.

I travel from Glasgow every second week, would you hunt me too? I hate the Old Firm as much as anyone but people can support whoever they want and have their own reasons for it. Falkirk need to do a better job of making it attractive for people to come to games. 

You’re a failure hunter [emoji16][emoji106]

7 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Who is the pint sized Hearts fan?

Seen a drunk fella on Grahams road last Sunday stumble out the Auld Vic singing "we're Glasgow Celtic"

Apparently "We" Is the fella living and drinking in Falkirk.

Does the mean I'm Glasgow Celtic?

With Marshy. Falkirk are playing good football and challenging our support turns out in even bigger numbers. Even when we are garbage we had over 4000 fans there.

The club is not on its knees due to supporters backing

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Our club teams have had their best season in Europe in a decade and the national team is unbeaten in 7 competitive games.

I'm really pissed off with the attitude shown to Scottish footy.

Down South they managed to get everyone unionised to sing from the same hymn sheet that they have the greatest product ever known to man.

Up here we are queuing up to have a go.

Take 1 look at the Scottish Premiership table and 1 look at the Scottish Championship table.

Both leagues are tough to call for both top and bottom.

Why are we slagging that?

36 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Amazingly Falkirk as a commercial venture is bucking the trend. This just underlines the opportunity we have yet alas just when we have a chance to build we hit self destruct. Our actual performance compared to our potential totally sucks and my point was that having such  people who's hearts lie elsewhere  in our boardroom is not acceptable. 

Most directors are only on the board as it adds a tick on sites showing them as a director. 

Good business sense that's all it is, how many of them attend every week. 

Folk can support who they want to support.

It's always been this way. We're no different to any other place in Scotland. It's not like we have forty buses leaving for Ibrox and Parkhead every week while everyone from Greenock goes to Cappielow.