The Falkirk FC Thread

Interesting, thanks for the info. Does that 120k include all matchdays and training, and do we keep all matchday revenue? I am a complete novice in terms of how good a deal that is or otherwise. How many days are we in the stadium year round?

Just updated it a bit

Interesting, thanks for the info. Does that 120k include all matchdays and training, and do we keep all matchday revenue? I am a complete novice in terms of how good a deal that is or otherwise. How many days are we in the stadium year round?

Our biggest issue is the cost of the thing. Hamilton for example I believe bring in 250k+ renting out to North Lanarkshire Council. So we are in effect nearly 500k behind them before we start.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Our biggest issue is the cost of the thing. Hamilton for example I believe bring in 250k+ renting out to North Lanarkshire Council. So we are in effect nearly 500k behind them before we start.

Sorry to be the pedant but Hamilton is in South Lanarkshire 

how much did each of the stands cost?  That doesn't sound credible.  The main stand is good but it's not million and millions of pounds good.
Think we were all just so relieved a stadium was finally in the offing that we forgot to plan it properly. 
seems so crazy thinking back they had hte 10k rule.  Hope whoever came up with that is nowhere near the game now.  
If Ayr win the league, what happens?  I for one would love to see Somerset Park in the SPFL.  the old grounds are great for the game as long as you sort out some minor issues and a decent pitch.  Would hope we don't cause a fuss.  I think its better for player development to play at a stadium with a good crowd on top of you than a perfect pitch and empty stands.

While I could go down the pedantry route and say that Ayr, and so Somerset Park, are already in the SPFL, I'll assume either you meant the Premiership or were involved in a Hughes/Houston style woosh. But if Ayr did go up they'd be fine - there is no longer a rule about a minimum number of seats or being all-seated other than you have to have the appropriate license (which Ayr and everyone else have).

How long do we need to pay the loans off for? i.e. Is there some point in the future we won't be hamstrung by them? Obviously the rent is another case entirely.

We don’t have any loans. We rent SS and pay a service charge to the council

Nope. Livingston Launderers don’t own a single brick of theirs, and pay a sliding scale rent depending on what league they are in. I forget what the last figures were, but I believe the council leaders get boxes at games in exchange for their seasons rent being ludicrously low. I would bet in the top flight, they pay way less for everything than we do for a single stand council “fee”.

Falkirk council has been actively anti FFC for many decades now. The Goldies in particular were especially anti FFC.

Nope. Livingston Launderers don’t own a single brick of theirs, and pay a sliding scale rent depending on what league they are in. I forget what the last figures were, but I believe the council leaders get boxes at games in exchange for their seasons rent being ludicrously low. I would bet in the top flight, they pay way less for everything than we do for a single stand council “fee”.
Falkirk council has been actively anti FFC for many decades now. The Goldies in particular were especially anti FFC.
So we are basically the only ones getting the shaft.

We pay c £120k/year service charge.

We own North Stand, all the pitch facing bits in the Main Stand, changing rooms area and offices on ground floor.

We don’t have a lease on the stand, so no penalty.

The council have the stadium in their books north of £10m.
Two 45k+ stadiums in Glasgow have gone for £5m a piece, in the past few years. I think £10m+ is being a tad ambitious.

Two 45k+ stadiums in Glasgow have gone for £5m a piece, in the past few years. I think £10m+ is being a tad ambitious.

Agreed. I was told the reason why it was on there at such a high figure, but forget the reason.

If they own the NS, why do they use the SS when it's only on rental?
Outwith a few games, they have 2k+ seats too many.
I don't mind 'superfan' owning the SS & being able to rent it on an as needed basis. But his revenue earning office space sat empty for nigh on 8 years!
I'd be more inclined to regularly use what we own & give opposition fans the SS/South end of the main Stand.
Utd are 3rd & only brought about 1000 out a 5k crowd last week.

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

If they own the NS, why do they use the SS when it's only on rental?
Outwith a few games, they have 2k+ seats too many.
I don't mind 'superfan' owning the SS & being able to rent it on an as needed basis. But his revenue earning office space sat empty for nigh on 8 years!
I'd be more inclined to regularly use what we own & give opposition fans the SS/South end of the main Stand.
Utd are 3rd & only brought about 1000 out a 5k crowd last week.

The south stand isn't allowed to be used for away fans