The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Scored 18 in 34 at this level a few years ago and 9 in 24 in the Premiership. We have enough 'project' players like Nelson as it is. Graham would give us the proven experience we're missing up front.

Since 2013, whilst with Dundee United, St Johnstone, Ross County, Hibs and Cheltenham Town, he has played 134 games and scored 30 goals - he is not the 20 goals a season striker that we crave / need.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Has Scott McDonald retired? Still without a club and looked decent with United last season. Played with Hartley as well. 
I don't think he has announced a retirement yet?

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Has Scott McDonald retired? Still without a club and looked decent with United last season. Played with Hartley as well. 

He was wanting to find a club in Australia. I've heard him back on Sportsound going on about Celtic a couple of times so it doesn't look that's materialised.

Seen a few posts on here saying that people wouldn’t be disappointed/bothered if we didn’t sign a right back. Fair enough, who am I to doubt their sincerity, but if we don’t, then than means we would likely play Jordan McGhee there and that would mean not playing him at centre half and for me that would be disappointing. A right back for me an area of weakness for a few seasons now and hopefully Hartley just biding his time until the right man comes along.

Also whilst I like Nelson and would like him back I don’t feel he would have been as key as the Jak’s return would have been. However that seems unlikely so I like others on here will pretend I’m relaxed about the whole thing.

Bit sceptical on the Nicky Devlin rumour considering he played near enough every game for them last season and only has a year left on his deal. I wouldn’t want Brian Graham he’s poor and we already have a big target man in Mackin, i’d much rather have a young player on loan who’s up here to prove himself ala Nelson.

Devlin to me looked the absolute best player in Ayr's team every time we played them, i'd take him all day long as it would balance our defence (And give us the option the play McGhee in the middle as a defensive mid, which I think would be great as he can carry the ball and provide drive when we get all lethargic). As for Graham, i'd prefer Nelson - we have plenty players now who look strong but few who seem to have the energy he brought to the game. That and the fact he decided the best thing to do on his debut was go straight through the Pars keeper to get the crowd on his side.   

Just now, PipoIsABairn said:

Devlin to me looked the absolute best player in Ayr's team every time we played them, i'd take him all day long as it would balance our defence (And give us the option the play McGhee in the middle as a defensive mid, which I think would be great as he can carry the ball and provide drive when we get all lethargic). As for Graham, i'd prefer Nelson - we have plenty players now who look strong but few who seem to have the energy he brought to the game. That and the fact he decided the best thing to do on his debut was go straight through the Pars keeper to get the crowd on his side.   

Would love to see McGhee as a defensive midfielder for a few games...reckon he could f**k shit up in there

Surely there's absolutely no chance of Devlin although if there's a possibility then we should be all over that.

Would definitely take Graham if we hadn't signed Mackin. I'd really like Nelson back but maybe Hartley is looking for some experience up front.

Looking forward to tonights game, hoping another weeks training and a bounce game will have helped the team gel more.

Edited by ilostmyself

Would take these names with a pinch of salt. So far the club has sprung almost every signing as a surprise to everyone. 

Although Devlin would be another positive step 

Graham just another journey man, not required in my opinion 

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Surely there's absolutely no chance of Devlin although if there's a possibility then we should be all over that.

Would definitely take Graham if we hadn't signed Mackin.

Looking forward to tonights game, hoping another weeks training and a bounce game will have helped the team gel more.

Once all the signings are concluded I suspect we'll find that a right-back was never on our shopping list. So if the Devlin part is inaccurate then the Graham part likely is too. He doesn't fit the profile of the "young, hungry, something to prove"-type players that Hartley's bringing in.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Once all the signings are concluded I suspect we'll find that a right-back was never on our shopping list. So if the Devlin part is inaccurate then the Graham part likely is too. He doesn't fit the profile of the "young, hungry, something to prove"-type players that Hartley's bringing in.

I think you're right on the first point. 

Signing 2 centre backs and resigning McGhee and Muirhead for the season means the plan is likely to play 3/4 of them depending on formation and have McGhee as our main option at RB/RWB.

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Looking like our best line at IMO, nelson up front instead of Mackin would be super

line up.PNG

Signing the left winger yesterday certainly makes the team look a hell of a lot more balanced now. It looks like Hartley will favour a back 4 over the 3. 

If we signed another forward then I'd expect O'hara to go out on loan until January.