The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

This is next level Falkirk moaning here and absolutely not a big deal but...

Renewed my season ticket last week and it dropped through the door this morning. Handwritten envelope, no fixture list or anything included. Just a blank compliments slip and the actual card.

Also paid a pound for postage and it was sent with a 2nd class stamp.

Like I say, not going to cry about it but standards.

I'm not crying, you're crying. 

Glad to see a winger come in as I think that's one of the things we were lacking. I'd still like to see a right back and a striker(preferably not Nelson unless we're bringing in 2) come in. I think that might need to wait until Harris, McKee and Shepherd leave though. I'd add O'Hara to the list and we're then looking at having probably over £2k a week to spend on those 2.

Edited by EdiBairn

Glad to see a winger come in as I think that's one of the things we were lacking. I'd still like to see a right back and a striker(preferably not Nelson unless we're bringing in 2) come in. I think that might need to wait until Harris, McKee and Shepherd leave though. I'd add O'Hara to the list and we're then looking at having probably over £2k a week to spend on those 2.
Why would you not want Nelson if we're only bringing in one striker?

Hopefully McKee, Harris and Shepps find new clubs but O'Hara will be staying

8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

We'd have about a grand and a half for getting shot of Harris and McKee. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Why would you not want Nelson if we're only bringing in one striker?

Hopefully McKee, Harris and Shepps find new clubs but O'Hara will be staying

Because although Nelson's a good player, he's not a proven experienced goalscorer which I think is what we're severely lacking.

If we bring in Nelson I'd be delighted with that. Re McKee, for me a good player but something like 14 starts in 18 months here is horrendous. If we can replace him with someone who isn't constantly in the treatment room it gives us another option 

1 minute ago, BairnNecessity said:

I like the fact the Don has also noticed we needed a left winger. As mentioned a right back, another striker and i’ll be happy.

If we get Nelson I'll be happy with him, Lewis Mackin and O'Hara as fourth choice. I'd not be too upset if we don't bring in a RB. Be interesting to see what else happens. 

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Because although Nelson's a good player, he's not a proven experienced goalscorer which I think is what we're severely lacking.

That's been said a few times on the facebook pages too.

A proven, experienced goalscorer is not going to come to play in the Scottish Championship as he'll have better offers elsewhere. Or do you have anyone specific in mind that would come, we could afford, and that we should be going for instead of Nelson?

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A proven, experienced goalscorer is not going to come to play in the Scottish Championship as he'll have better offers elsewhere. Or do you have anyone specific in mind that would come, we could afford, and that we should be going for instead of Nelson?

We certainly won't be getting one on loan. I think he might be thinking of a ginger God with extensive experience of playing in Edinburgh. 

21 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Correct. I believe that Hartley's going to nip down to the proven, experienced goalscorer shop in the morning to get one!

Can't see a RB coming in now, looks like he's going to play 442 as we've 2 wingers on the books now so I think he'll go with McGhee at RB.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It doesn't need to be someone ridiculously expensive. People like Stephen Dobbie, Nicky Clark and James Keatings will all be on more than we'd normally pay, but I think someone like that is what's required to win the championship.

Guest Back Post Misses
It doesn't need to be someone ridiculously expensive. People like Stephen Dobbie, Nicky Clark and James Keatings will all be on more than we'd normally pay, but I think someone like that is what's required to win the championship.

Yes they will and are

Surely Nelson would be a good fit having played with the other Sunderland boys before. Boy was just getting to grips with league before some scumbag across the water ended his season. 

Signing a winger defiantly adds some some structure to the squad.