The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Well it is official now, so we are stuck with him! 

Woooft a 2yr contract.....

I do remember a decent game he had, tho was more due to circumstances. I think he broke his collar bone and was out for weeks, didn't train an played well in play offs v Hibs.....we did lose 2 goals mind you

Another marshy red dot for not liking Yogi. Ironic this one, given that it's in the clubs biggest arsehole thread. Thin skinned, arrogant, thinks he's a far better manager than he was, used every opportunity to talk himself up and left the club when he realised he'd fucked up big time. Literal definition of a person as an arsehole. In before anyone starts with the best ever manager chat. Yup, but that doesn't make any of the above false, and it doesn't make him a non-arsehole. 

As far as O'Hara, he'll have been given a 12 month extension as a do or die last chance. Force your way into this team, or leave in the summer. I hope he does well this year, as there's clearly a talented player in there, it's just a wuation of whether he can get a run of starts in the team to get a few goals under his belt. 

Has there been any rumours if signings? Anyone seen @Bainsfordbairnlurking around the stadium? 

Doubt we will be signing any of the trialists, only other rumours i've heard is Cardle, McKee going to Thistle.  Harris n Shepherd's continuing presence is a tad concerning though. Maybe Utd will sign them. If they gave Watson a two year deal then there's hope for anyone. 

42 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Another marshy red dot for not liking Yogi. Ironic this one, given that it's in the clubs biggest arsehole thread. Thin skinned, arrogant, thinks he's a far better manager than he was, used every opportunity to talk himself up and left the club when he realised he'd fucked up big time. Literal definition of a person as an arsehole. In before anyone starts with the best ever manager chat. Yup, but that doesn't make any of the above false, and it doesn't make him a non-arsehole. 

As far as O'Hara, he'll have been given a 12 month extension as a do or die last chance. Force your way into this team, or leave in the summer. I hope he does well this year, as there's clearly a talented player in there, it's just a wuation of whether he can get a run of starts in the team to get a few goals under his belt. 

Has there been any rumours if signings? Anyone seen @Bainsfordbairnlurking around the stadium? 

Following the undeniably hilarious events of the last 2 or 3 days, can we just be a bit careful here. You live in Dundee and are mentioning red dots......

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Following the undeniably hilarious events of the last 2 or 3 days, can we just be a bit careful here. You live in Dundee and are mentioning red dots......

I love a good steak. Can't possibly be Morrissey. 

10 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Doubt we will be signing any of the trialists, only other rumours i've heard is Cardle, McKee going to Thistle.  Harris n Shepherd's continuing presence is a tad concerning though. Maybe Utd will sign them. If they gave Watson a two year deal then there's hope for anyone. 

Cardle has signed for Fylde.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Based on what? One game 3 years ago.

Based on his pace and movement, and his general play. Did he not have a goal chalked off against Montrose? 

All of that, and the fact he's not training with the scrubs. 

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm normally down the stadium four or five times a week but apart from games most of these visits are favours for the commercial department. 

I don't think you'll get rumours of signings, or at least not accurate ones. Virtually all the names we were linked with online turned out to be folk who we weren't chasing. Dan Turner was an exception but I think that one came from press reports.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm normally down the stadium four or five times a week but apart from games most of these visits are favours for the commercial department. 

I don't think you'll get rumours of signings, or at least not accurate ones. Virtually all the names we were linked with online turned out to be folk who we weren't chasing. Dan Turner was an exception but I think that one came from press reports.

So........

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So........

There's nothing imminent as far as I know, though now I've said that I'll probably get a call to come in on Monday. ;)

PH knows the positions he wants to fill and is looking around. The squad rebuilding is probably 4/5 complete and the transfer window still has more  than a month to run, so I'd speculate that he'll take his time to make sure he gets the right players.