The Falkirk FC Thread

If we’re going to play a back 4 consistently this season then I’m more than happy to play Jordan McGhee there.

One of his biggest strengths is his use of the ball and carrying the ball out of defence and pushing further forward which he would do all the time in a back 3 last season but if he’s playing in the middle of a 4 then that’s something he would have to cut out.

I really don’t think we would be able to bring in someone better than him with our budget in this league.

Cheers. Hopefully a solid enough defender first and foremost. 

I’d say he’s probably better going forward than defensively.

Decent enough at this level but a downgrade on Mikey Doyle.

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Decent enough at this level but a downgrade on Mikey Doyle.

I think we will know quite quickly if that is the case or not... i.e as soon as he puts his first cross in the box!

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

I'd have been disappointed if we signed him, had a wee purple patch with us then was poor and dropped. He still is young, so time for him I suppose, as Russ said better going forward than defending as he cost us a few goals but can be poor and clueless going forward, amount of times one on one and have no idea seen him out the team.

I'll echo County fans in saying he is a wing back

Tumilty looked okay, but faded a bit towards the end of the  season. Was assumed that Hartley didn’t try to keep him as he had better RB options; we’re yet to see them.

Meantime Tumilty has scored more goals for Falkirk than O’Hara, yet some folks still think O’Hara is worth a place in the team... he really, really isn’t. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if that stat still stands next May. 

41 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Tumilty looked okay, but faded a bit towards the end of the  season. Was assumed that Hartley didn’t try to keep him as he had better RB options; we’re yet to see them.

Meantime Tumilty has scored more goals for Falkirk than O’Hara, yet some folks still think O’Hara is worth a place in the team... he really, really isn’t. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if that stat still stands next May. 

Beyond me why he was kept for this season. He tries like a bear but unfortunately Saturday showed once again why he lacks the quality and ability needed to play for us.

Yet you still see a number of our fans talk about him as if he's Messi with the constant calls for him to come on. Baffling.

Beyond me why he was kept for this season. He tries like a bear but unfortunately Saturday showed once again why he lacks the quality and ability needed to play for us.
Yet you still see a number of our fans talk about him as if he's Messi with the constant calls for him to come on. Baffling.

I’m a fan of O’Hara. I don’t think he’s brilliant but he certainly gets himself into positions to score, hasn’t had the quality/luck yet to finish. Last chance for him at this level to show that he can finish before inevitably dropping down the leagues.

FFS Shep

And you are not even in the squad Sheps!

Shocking

Margaret Lang, Chair of Falkirk Football Club, has issued the following statement in relation to former player, David Hagen:

“The club is aware of rumours that have arisen on social media forums regarding the health and well-being of former Falkirk player David Hagen.

“To prevent further speculation and further attempts by the media to visit him at home – and in consultation with David’s family – the club can confirm he has very recently been diagnosed with motor neuron disease.

“The club is providing to David and his family our fullest support and would ask that their privacy is respected at this difficult time.”

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Margaret Lang, Chair of Falkirk Football Club, has issued the following statement in relation to former player, David Hagen:

“The club is aware of rumours that have arisen on social media forums regarding the health and well-being of former Falkirk player David Hagen.

“To prevent further speculation and further attempts by the media to visit him at home – and in consultation with David’s family – the club can confirm he has very recently been diagnosed with motor neuron disease.

“The club is providing to David and his family our fullest support and would ask that their privacy is respected at this difficult time.”

f**k, that is awful.

Get well soon is obviously inappropriate here, so I hope the club stick some collection buckets out for the first league game a raise a bit of cash for Motor Neurone charities in Hagens name.

Always horrible to see someone who's only association you have with them being as an athlete taken down like that. Unfortunately there is no better driver for charity than seeing a familiar face suffering.

Sad news anyway due to it being one horrendous b*****d of a disease.

3 hours ago, TurbineTon said:

As others have said he's better offensively than defensively so will probably do ok if McKinnon's planning to play with a back 3.

Thought he was average overall for us and I didn't want him back as it was assumed that Hartley would be looking to bring in someone better however, as things stand, I wish he was still with us!

Terrible news and my thoughts are with David and his family.

I remember watching a documentary on the BBC about a young girl in Aberdeen who had been diagnosed with MND. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure she was the youngest person in the Uk to be diagnosed with it. It was absolutely heartbreaking and had me in tears.

Agree with the sentiments that the club should do something for MND charity in David's name.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sorry to hear about David Hagen. That's a horrible disease.

He played in the 97 Cup Final, yes?

He did, indeed, aye.

Some team it was too.

Screenshot (6).png

Edited by DeeBairn

5 changes tonight.

I’m going to take a guess that we’re lining up

Mutch

McGhee
Harrison
Dallison
Robson

Paton
Kidd

Petravicius
Froxylias
Turner

Mackin

Could easily also be a 4-4-2 with Froxylias or Robson playing left midfield.

No issue with the shape, but we've signed multiple midfielders and Kidd gets a game. We've got two signed first team keepers and he starts Mutch. Odd. I wonder if rotation was planned? I'd be looking at consistency in the side ahead of the league kick off.