The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Not often just prefer to call someone by their first name if I don't fancy pronouncing their second eh

In all seriousness though, been saying it like Sam-mut, not going to attempt to put some fancy spin on it and sound like a tit

Semmit, as in string vest. 

Might just end up referring to him as "haw you, fucking pass it forward". 

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see we've signed Sean Welsh. How excited / concerned should I be?

Very. Take that whatever way you want. If your lucky hell stay injured and never play. If you're unlucky he'll be your starting mid all season. 

Don’t think he was ever 100% fit while with us however he was really shite. Offers absolutely nothing from midfield.

The centre mid equivalent of Alex Harris.

Clearly a talented player. He suffers from some sort of blood condition which means injuries take longer to heal. Could probably get back to the player he was with a decent preseason and a sustained period injury-free, but already the first of those two things haven’t happened.
Worth the risk if you aren’t relying on him and have decent players to fill in centrally.

Cheers guys. We've got a lot of players who can play centrally (Chalmers, Beith, Trafford and Walsh) but none of them will really win a 40:60 challenge like Draper used to. I did wonder if that's why we signed him but given the above comments I suspect not :(

He looks like in a previous life he would be well able to dictate the pace of a game and pull the strings.

Hes one of those though, where the odd flash of it will probably trick you into thinking he can get it back. I dont think he can though. Mainly because I think Hartley really liked him and he probably would have liked to have kept him on, if he was still truly capable, I think he would be with us.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Nae luck. Looks completely done and was a nothing player for us. He didn't create, didn't tackle much and was a bit of a plodder. Games passed him by every week.

I'd imagine this'll be his last full time club unless Airdrie or Raith fail to come up this summer.

We saw Welsh after he'd been out for a long period of time, I imagine/hope a proper preseason will make him better but he was brutal for us in his limited appearances.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, we'll see what a few of these players are made of. Hartley sounded raging in the post match interview and hopefully he's went through them and it's an early wake up call for the players that it's not that easy up here.

I am happy enough to put Saturday down to experimentation/ bunch of recently met strangers not having really worked out how each other play.

Looking for at least a semblance of a team performance tomorrow, even if it’s still not a great result. Personally I would happily sacrifice this entire sorry tournament for 3 points against ICT, and the end of our ridiculous “first game of the season” hoodoo which has now gone well beyond a joke.

We saw Welsh after he'd been out for a long period of time, I imagine/hope a proper preseason will make him better but he was brutal for us in his limited appearances.
Looking forward to tomorrow night, we'll see what a few of these players are made of. Hartley sounded raging in the post match interview and hopefully he's went through them and it's an early wake up call for the players that it's not that easy up here.

Problem is he’s not had a full pre season he’s been bouncing around clubs already.